Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
It me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Kashuno claimed Kefka to me via PMs.

##vote Kashuno

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

Let's compare katanas

Late to the game, my man. https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/5x8rd5/erections_of_eorzea/

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

King Burgundy posted:

I think I'm going to refrain from clicking on that link.

Perhaps this is more your style:

https://amp.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/63m61t/vaginal_depths_of_eorzea/

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Worry not, for that first link also includes futa length.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

This does not account for magically altered futas.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

vector_to posted:

I'm going to make a shocking confession. 6 is one of the only FFs I've never played.

This is the real scum talk right here.

##vote vector_to

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Okay. Who here is imperial aligned? Speak up so that you can find your teammates.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Kash wasn't in Shine was he, loving :lol: here we go again

What?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Max posted:

Are you the ninja?

There are NINJAS in this game?! Cool!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Pera - why you gotta break my heart like this?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Let's Lynch a lurker.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Congrats, Mythic is far above what I can deal with now.

My guild imploded on KJ heroic.

It was a long time coming though, ToS really took its toll on us as a raid and the environment had become pretty toxic as we'd lost more and more people over time.

I'm 6 years clean myself. Raided hardcore through vanilla/TBC. My raid guild started falling apart in Ulduar. We got to, but I stopped raiding at Yogg.

I quit WoW completely in 2011, shortly after Cataclysm. I leveled my character, popped in the first raid and noped out of the game forever.

Also, I got severely burned by archaeology. I went hard on archaeology for WEEKS, selling all the poo poo garbage I got from it. Then in a patch they increased the sell value of the items by about 100x. Meaning I got hosed out of over 15k gold or something like that.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

CCKeane posted:

Yeah, pera's posts are just weird.

Thank you for your contributions.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Day 1, I always lynch starting at the bottom of the post count. Especially in a game where a lot of poo poo is likely going to go down tonight.

##vote LIttle Mac

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I've been phone posting the past few days because I've been so busy and spending so much time on public transit that I've had little time at the computer. Thus, it's difficult to spend any dedicated time looking at post history. If not LittleMac, where should I cast my vote? With this big of a game, no lynching is a bad option.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

With 6 hours, we don't have much time to swing the vote in any new directions.

#vote jimson

For now, at least.

I'll be at work the next few hours with limited forum access at best. But I should be back around deadline if voting swings another way.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Hi.

So I tried to vig Kasuno last night and I was told my shuriken bounced off his magical magitek shield.

What I am saying is: Kashuno is not a hero and is imperial aligned.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

#vote Kashuno

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

IllegallySober posted:

This is interesting too. You got that flavor in the failure PM?

Yup.

Full disclosure: I am Shadow. I am equipped with 3 shuriken. At every lynch and every time I vig someone, I have a 50% chance of gaining another shuriken. So long as I have ANY shuriken in my inventory, I cannot be killed at night, as I will kill the attacker in self defense.

I used my first vig on Kashuno. He is still alive due to a magical magitek shield that my shuriken bounced off.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

hmm...top post count in the game and driving to lynch a guy who flipped scum. better loving surgically remove his frontal lobe with 99 ninja stars since they all do garbage damage

He was top post count in the game I just ran and drove the lynches on scum. But guess what, he was a serial killer.

I didn't trust him.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Why me? Also, as I stated, I don't have any sort of inherent protection. Is there a reason you immediately assumed that it was something I have and not something placed on me?

Well, unless someone claims otherwise, I am going to assume you had it yourself.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I was just excited to actually be a town power role instead of vanilla town.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

does that role not make any fuckign sense to anyone else. potentially infinite vigs+invulnerability.

Both are limited. I started with 3 shuriken. I used one last night. Since the vig was successful, I didn't have a chance to get one back. I didn't get one at yesterday's lynch. I'm down to 2 shuriken. If I vig tonight and get attacked tonight without finding more shuriken, I'm basically down to vanilla town.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

King Burgundy posted:

Do you mean since the vig wasn't successful here?

Yeah. Sorry about that. Meant unsuccessful.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If I end up lynched, a vast amount of people voting me are likely anti-town because they know that can't get rid of me any other way until I run out of my defenses.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I'm out running errands. Haven't had any time to actually read the thread.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Hell, I'll kill whoever the town prefers from now on. How about I just kill whoever got #2 or #3 in votes.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If everyone is so assured Kashuno is town, let him direct my shuriken. Or whoever.

I'll respond to the previous questions pointed at me in the next few hours.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

Wow mord it's taking you a really long time to type the one sentence answer to my question

Got distracted grinding in FFXIV :(

GulagDolls posted:

so @Mord Why would you ever actually use your vig power if this is the case. i am asking this solely for the purpose of shaming you

This question? I used my vig because I started with 3 charges of my shuriken (with a max of 3). I have a 50% chance of getting a new one at lynch and a 50% chance on successful vig. I figured it was worth the use as it would only knock me to 2/3 with two chances to get it back. Since the vig on Kashuno was unsuccessful, I did not get a chance to get a shuriken back from that. However, when I got the results back about Kashuno's magical barrier, I was also told that I found a shuriken at the lynch, recharging me.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Mord is prolly SK, which is not quite as good as bagging scum since he might hit scum instead, but also a great choice today

If I was SK, I sure as gently caress wouldn't want to reveal to everyone that I failed to kill a target.

My thought process was this: information is good. Hell, Kashuno even always talks about how more information is good for everyone. Thus, when I failed my kill, I figured it was worth sharing with everyone about the barrier. Because more information is good.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

King Burgundy posted:

For those that don't already believe this. Mord is lying.

Nah. I was mistaken. I had missed the line in the N1 PM about getting the shuriken from the lynch because I was too excited to post about Kashuno.

If my lynch is going to do more to prove the scum of this game than me being able to kill the scum that attack me/i attack, by all means, lynch away.

My role is my role. You can scream about "it's too powerful" "it's not possible" and I can't really defend against that because my role is what it is. If you don't believe me, there's not going to be anything I can do to prove it. Not sure if we have any investigative roles or anything (and no, I'm not trying to out anyone), but save being investigated and proven as hero-faction, I'm not sure what I can do to prove my innocence.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I like how there are so many people saying about others "They feel so town" which is not hard to do in a multi-faction game.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I'd bet money on Flying Leatherman being scum. Let me kill him tonight.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Another thing that has been bothering me about all those attacking me - if I was SK (which I'm not), why the gently caress would I claim to the town on an unsuccessful kill?

If I was an SK wanting to earn town cred, why wouldn't I wait until I killed a scum player and then claim that kill as my own?

So if you're voting against me, please answer that question in your vote justification.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Because you're just now realizing this whole thing was a bad idea?

This is a dumb/bad response and not answering my question.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Because you know you were already under heavy suspicion, and in an effort to try and gain some Town cred you claimed on something that, admittedly, does paint me in a bad way. Unfortunately, there are too many people that beleive I am town and that you are scum so that did not pan out

Under heavy suspicion? I was under ZERO suspicion when this day started.

I outed claimed without provocation while under no suspicion.

So again, as an SK, what would I have to gain for outing myself at a failed kill of someone that I believe not to be town but everyone else believes to be town?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Kashuno posted:

I think the mord situation is one that needs to be resolved sooner rather than later, and being legitimately unkillable is going to be more and more of a problem as the game goes on

If I'm working as a guided kill under the control of the "will of the town," what's stopping people from just lynching me in the future should I not comply?

Pushing this lynch today is just removing the town of a tool at their disposal. Exactly what non-town factions would want.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Little Mac posted:

We don't actually know there's more than one faction, do we? Like, this is just an assumption people are making based on player count? There could just as easily be like a ton of scum.

lol what.

##vote Little Mac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Welp. I am heading out to a friend's birthday dinner. I doubt I'll be back before the hammer.

At this point, it seems like my lynch is a foregone conclusion. A pity, but it is what it is.

Sorry, I wasn't more useful to the town and wasn't actually able to kill any of the scum.

When it comes to Day 3, pay close attention to what excuses people used to justify their votes for me. The scum teams know that I'm not one of them (and no, I'm not SK either), and my claim was true so they know that I was a major threat as a power role and they needed me gone.

• Locked thread