Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Oh I am definitely in this.

Ask me about my favorite character from FFVI and why it's FAMED MIMIC GOGO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
I hope that somehow a ghost train is suplexed during the course of this game

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Little Mac posted:

claiming ghost train

someone suplex this man right quick

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Guys if we kill Mord we can't fast travel!!!

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

flerp posted:

hello everybody except scum

how do you do fellow kids

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
drat I picked the wrong day to start playing Danganronpa V3! Or maybe the right one?

TM definitely seems weird, but I also don't want to immediately say that means scum. General mafia experience says the person freaking out day 1 isn't always scum?

I wanna know why you decided to claim powerless townie on DAY ONE? Someone brought up "hey maybe being a main character means you have neato powers?" and your instant response was "nope I'm Relm and can't do poo poo." How does that help...anybody? Like I get wanting to be helpful, but you're kinda shooting yourself in the foot and this is a hidden role game

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

GulagDolls posted:

do you think TM is scum yes or NO

Yeah, but I wanted to figure out what the dang heck their reasoning behind the flavorclaim was. They can either defend themselves or continue their web of lies :v:

Bifauxnen posted:

ooh is it actually good? I was thinking I should buy it soon instead of waiting forever for a sale or a Let's Play but then it was 60 US bucks

So far yes! Only maybe halfway through chapter 1, but there are a lot of good characters so far. Dub voices are good, too.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

GulagDolls posted:

##vote xad ask me to explain why i made this vote and i will kill you

You seem friendly

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Tired Moritz posted:

why is it so bad to say the truth? I'm town, town should never lie. I'm not gonna be shady and sneaky just to preserve my vanilla town rear end.

I'm not advocating for townie lying, but you could have just not said anything? Day one claims rarely go well afaik.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Tired Moritz posted:

only scum hides information.

Nobody directly asked you to claim your role or flavor, and by your logic everyone who hasn't claimed is scum.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Tired Moritz posted:

okay, imagine if I didn't say that I was Relm and I just said "Im vt." Would you guys really be in a huff over it?

Yeah, claiming day 1 is weird af

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Now I'm just thinking TM is a jester-type-thing with how badly they want to get votes

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Flying Leatherman posted:

i was actually trying to find the dude that was throwing a bunch of shade at tm without voting because I thought I remembered that happening, and gulag just did it for me

a clarification for the rest of the thread - that second quote GD posted was actually in reply to GD's question "do you think tm is scum yes or no" as well, so somehow he went from "isn't necessarily scum, wtf's up with the claim" to "yeah" in response to "is TM scum" but still never voted?

at least that's what i was reading it as

I said yes because it seems like every time I make a post about what I'm thinking without a hard vote at the end someone quotes me and asks "YES OR NO?!?!?!" so I decided gently caress it, I'll pick one.

Right now I think TM is just a salty townie.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Also sortof a meta question: why does it matter so much if you vote after voicing your opinion or not? I got grilled on this last goonmafia I was in, too. It's not like votes are hardlocked, you can literally change them whenever as long as it's before the deadline, so it's not like voting really does anything.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

It's an easy way for someone to indicate where their opinions lie. Townies tend to vote more freely because they're in the dark and have no reason to hide their opinions. Scum have to be careful because if they flip, their voting record will be scrutinized.

Ohhh that is actually a good point.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Yeah, but then ''3p hunting is scummy' hunting' is also an 'easy' opinion to have? When do opinions start being hard?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
##vote Kashuno

you have an easy opinion

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Kashuno posted:

Idk what you're even trying to say here? Asiina's vote being clearly hypocritical, as I have already stated, is part of my problem

I was saying that you can go up that logic ladder as many levels as you want, it's still "policy voting on a policy vote," but yeah you did point out it was hypocritical, sorry I'm illiterate.

##unvote

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Kashuno posted:

Because I mean, from my perspective he never peaced out. He stayed consistent, and in your own words he didn't act any differently before or after! How is that peacing out?

I feel like now you guys are just arguing about word choice

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Kashuno posted:

No, actually. Part of Asiina's case was that he peaced out. Since he didn't act any different before and after, what constitutes peacing out? He is doing the exact same thing after making that vote as he did before.

No that's what I meant about word choice, I think asiina might have just meant that "flerp isn't saying a whole lot, so the only thing we really have to go off of is flerp's vote". Not a great choice of words if that's what asiina meant by "peacing out", but you two arguing about this sounds like two townies trying to pin each other.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Kashuno posted:

those two things aren't even remotely similar!!

Really? "Leaving, and posting very little after" vs "just generally not being around much" aren't similar at all to you?

flerp does also raise a good point about pera, do we know what timezone they're in?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Taint reaped again!

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
I decided to reread the post history of the only two remaining TM votes: Poque and Glowku, but Glowku seems pretty town-y to me and Poque hasn't said anything all day, so :eng99:

##vote Poque for now

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

here's the biggest thing, though: it's weird that he then goes after the people that actually voted tm, considering he himself saw the problem with tm's play and said he thought he was scum!! he clearly understood the reasoning because he had made the reasoning, even if he didn't vote, and now he's calling people out for having the same opinions that he had.

##vote xad

I did that cause I changed my mind and now the general consensus seems to be "nah he's just a salty townie," so I decided I'd look at who's still voting for TM after everyone seems to have agreed on that point. Which didn't really go anywhere, since the only two people still voting TM are someone I think is very town-y right now, and someone who hasn't said anything in a while.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

it didn't go anywhere but you voted poque anyway? idgi

i agree with tobbs

Because any time I say something without voting people yell at me. So I felt like if I said anything and DIDN'T vote I'd get called out for it. Nevermind, I guess.

##unvote

Also no, Max I've already said I think TM is just a salty townie, that's why I never ended up voting for them.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

To me it seems like your primary concern is perception management, and you're only willing to case/vote people if it doesn't draw negative attention to yourself.

Because it seems like everything I do draws negative attention to myself

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Max posted:

Is Xad new?

This is my 2nd goonmafia game, and pretty much the same thing happened to me the first game.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
The "defend themselves or web of lies :v:" thing was me just wanting TM to talk more to get a better read on them. I didn't think that would confuse so many people.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Who do you most think is scum and why?

Honest opinions and some conviction will most likely help you. Self-defense is i.portant, but if it's all that's happening it looks really bad.

Yeah, fair.

Looking over post histories, I think it's kinda weird that Mord was pretty active until the game actually started, they joke voted for Kash and vector, said "let's lynch a lurker" and then left pretty soon after that.

Other lurkers include: vector and Little Mac, vector has actually contributed a little, LM hasn't said a word since the game started.

Right now I'm looking at the early KB/BK/garth thing and I'm getting a weird vibe from garth. They vote KB because of some nebulous gut feeling that KB's reasoning is sound, but KB cannot be trusted because...?

KB's initial thoughts on pera ended with "Might vote if there's nothing better," doesn't read as scummy to me, just typical "it's d1 and not much has happened yet" stuff.

And BK got voted for "taking the most inoffensive possible case" but nothing they've said really reads scum to me. I don't necessarily agree with their reasoning but it doesn't seem fake.

Kashuno's being very helpful, hell he just defended me, and normally I'd think leading the conversation with stuff like "Everyone post your top 3 scum" is a little suspicious, but he just reads 200% town to me.

##vote garth

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Hello thread I've had my coffee and I feel great, let me show you how to catch a Weedle.

I do seriously need to calm down when reading mafia

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You're ignoring the possibility that...he's avoiding posting a single thing that's game related because that's a great scum move.

Not to nitpick, but LM just hasn't posted at all, unless you're referring to the fact that he has posted in other threads, which iirc you mentioned earlier? Kash mentioned not seeing anything when they searched, and I didn't either, but maybe search is being weird.

I think my take on it is that regardless of what LM is, if LM's still playing the game but staying silent itt, that's bad and we should vote LM, because if that's the case LM's almost definitely scum.

On the other hand, if LM is just really busy IRL and isn't going to come back, then they'll die to lurker rules and voting LM today is the same as no lynch.

It's a weird argument to go off of because we have so little that LM has contributed.

I'm liking the Jimson vote better for now, though. Popping in to join a bandwagon and leaving is sus as heck.

##vote Jimson

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

GulagDolls posted:

frankly i dont believe mord even has a job or knows what a train is

there's only one way to find out: someone has to try to suplex mord

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

CCKeane posted:

I feel like the last 5 pages are nonsense. Yes, I read them.

Well that's my two cents.

I'm kind of thinking Kash's being bad I guess.

I think he's maybe just a little-too-aggressive town, or at least I'd like to believe he's town, so I'm not going to bother voting for him d1.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

King Burgundy posted:

Really, any time someone says that "woah nelly, that is a lot of votes all of the sudden, how suspicious" thing, they are defending them, even if they don't mean it that way.

:agreed:

It's not directly shifting the blame, but leaving the door wide open for someone else to

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Mordiceius posted:

Both are limited. I started with 3 shuriken. I used one last night. Since the vig was successful, I didn't have a chance to get one back. I didn't get one at yesterday's lynch. I'm down to 2 shuriken. If I vig tonight and get attacked tonight without finding more shuriken, I'm basically down to vanilla town.

Important flavor question: how do you feel about Tired Moritz?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Yeah, mord's claim is incredibly weird to me, both in timing and the description of the role. Counter-kills that recharge AND ARE ALSO vigs seems crazy. I was already a little suspicious of them yesterday, but now I'm definitely keeping an eye on mord.

Also I'm still not buying Kashuno = scum yet. I want to believe in a just and caring god.

So yeah, ##vote Mord

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
I agree with other posters pointing out that it sounds like a SK role, but Mord's actions aren't what a SK would do, but just yesterday we had a whole thing about TM early claiming VT, so maybe nothing makes sense anymore. Embrace chaos.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Kashuno posted:

Xad, do you have anyone else you're suspicious of today?

I need to go back and reread MMT stuff, didn't pay much attention to it d1 I'll be honest. Other than that, I'm a little suspicious of Bif for trying to shift the blame off of Jimson near the end of d1, who we now know was scum. Hm. Although Jimson, Mord, AND Bif all being scum would make very little sense to me.

GulagDolls posted:

do you have some reason to believe that TM isnt vanilla town

Oh, no my reasoning was TM did something that "a VT wouldn't do" by just claiming d1, so if Mord is doing something "a SK wouldn't do" maybe he IS a SK. People don't always make the most optimal play, was my reasoning there. I do still think TM is VT.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Yorkshire Tea posted:

He then posts this:

At this point there are no votes on him. This is absolutely insane play as scum. Scum just got away with what is effectively a triple kill last night. Why on earth would they reveal a role that seems on face to be very strong and with no pressure to do so. Additionally, why the hell would scum ever claim right out the gate that someone was town based on a flavour claim?

Like it's plausible that he just went out the gate and didn't consult anyone, but honestly that seems really unlikely.

So I favour Mord as Town or 3P.

In case of both, I find that most 3P tend to run town favoured in the early game as scum tend to be more threatening to them. So at the moment I don't think the Mord vote is good, I don't think there's too much that's malicious in the people voting for him, but I'd like to see that develop.

To be fair, the thread has kindof pounced on everyone who has tried to make a serious claim so far. And it's solid reasoning you've got there, I'm just not convinced yet that if Mord is 3P we should let someone that dangerous live. Obviously this changes if someone more scummy pops up, but for this early in the day I don't think Mord's a terrible vote.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Yeah, hang on. I still need to reread a bunch of posts from today, but Mord's inconsistencies aren't a good sign for them. Before KB even mentioned the number of shurikens mismatch, I was going to ask Mord to clarify if the shield they saw Kash have was magitek or magical because they've said both, and one is almost definitely imperial, while the other one could be Espers or...well, it's FFVI so...Terra, Celes or Espers? Basically just NOT Imperial. I know it's kindof nitpicking, but with the number of shurikens changing, it feels more important now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Mafia edit: Welp, Mord already responded about the shurikens.

• Locked thread