Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Here we go again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I got a PM

It told me that CPig still hasn't forgiven me for FF4:TAY mafia, and he was going to punish me this game.

I'm scared now

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Even if they do it's still bad.

it's only bad if you don't just break the game and unleash berserk Cyan upon the world.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Poque posted:

The game isn't nearly difficult enough to need to exploit crazy glitches

I didn't say you needed to.

I said you should.

Cause it's awesome.

It's like you don't even get me at all mom

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Mayor Glowku posted:

This is uhhh... uhh... a scum post?

this is clearly a 3p post

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Mayor Glowku posted:

Hey bif, I lost the spark that made mafia fun. Let's make mafia great again together

"If you stay here too long, you'll end up frying your brain. Yes, you will. No, you will...not. Yesno, you will won't."

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Poque posted:

weeeeeelcome to voooooooteside

##vote mithross

I'm glad, I thought nobody would know that one.

flerp posted:

hello everybody except scum

(quick, he's onto us) Hello fellow not-scum

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Hot take: Every single person in the thread but me is scum. All of you. Scum.

Especially you.

(I'll save jokephase glowku!)

Also is anyone getting autoscrolling sound ads on something awful right now? Because normally any time a site has those I don't visit it for a week but I can't do that here.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

My take away from the 100 posts that you guys made while I was at work is that I should claim, but poorly

I am that one character. You know who I mean. Just get on my level.

(Actual reactions when I'm not posting on a half hour lunch while eating)

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Ok, like Shine this game is moving too goddamned fast, so I will again be live posting my responses to important happenings.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Alright, done. You guys made that easy.

(That's enough shitposting for now, I promise, I will actually react to things shortly, I won't be doing a wall of quotes however)

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Yorkshire Tea posted:

As mentioned it's scummy because scum can target down important flavour players easily. Further, they can just lie about their own flavour and claim VT.

A d1 massclaim is incredibly anti town.

I sincerly doubt they'd have to lie.

CPig learned his lesson several FF mafia games ago and provides safe fake claims. Hell, even main party characters were set as safe fake claims in 4.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Mithross posted:

I sincerely doubt they'd have to lie.

CPig learned his lesson several FF mafia games ago and provides safe fake claims. Hell, even main party characters were set as safe fake claims in 4.

Mafia edit: Spelling edition

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Finally caught up, and I bet I retained like a third of everything I read.

I wasn't a fan of the BK/KB thing. The only time scum believe the cases they make is when they bus or 3P hunt. That's why excessive 3P hunting is considered a scum tell.
That said outside of that I didn't find BK particularly scummy.

GulagDolls posted:

idk how i feel about asiina. im not really seeing the hypocritical thing so much. maybe i dont understand it. but she's been very angrerey for some reason

Still haven't decided about Asiina's play, but as far as angrier? She seems calmer than the last couple games I played with her.

As far as TM, I feel like that is just bad town play, as opposed to bad scum play. (So yes, somewhat of a bad play either way)

GulagDolls posted:

this is going to become impossible to follow unless a hero makes a [mafia relationship chart] for this game. please colorcode it

Ask and you shall recieve

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

No no no we need secret crushes, friend and enemyships, and evidence of sexual tension both overt and covert.

That's draft 2 and how do you know about that!?

Are you the noise I keep hearing from my closet?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

The one under your bed, too.

That's quite impressive? Ventriloquism or just really sneaky?

Bifauxnen posted:

oooh wait I forgot to put YT in my list of scum reads! He'd be above Tobbs and Asiina.

I also would put YT as fairly scummy. There isn't any real opinion on players in their post history, just setup spec, wow talk, and a "that isn't enough for a case"

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

give me one reason not to do what im thinking of doing

Because deep inside you are a goo....

Ok, I can't finish that sentence. Go nuts.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I like this vote

##vote Yorkshire Tea

They've done setup spec but no opinion throwing. Throw votes not shurikens!

(this is not a shadow breadcrumb. This is me enjoying the word throw this morning. Throw throw throw)

I would vote a lurker if we go that way despite the irony, but with two of them already replaced I'm not sure we should. I will let other, wiser minds discuss (and then I will tell you what they said, since wise and goons go together like... I can't think of a fitting simile, but you get where I was going with that)

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

I'm always down to vote out a lurker, but the games lurker rules will kill LM on D3 so if we are going that route I'd rather focus on the lurkier folks above that limit and coincidentally I am voting for someone that I think is scummy that also fits those guidelines. :)

oh hey, I missed that line with the stricter lurker rules.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Flying Leatherman posted:

This confuses me a little bit because neither of the replaced posters were lurking, right?

not gonna lie, I didn't go back and double check how lurky those two had been. I have been awake almost an hour at this point.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Yorkshire Tea posted:

D1 lynches are bad.

I setup speculated because someone was wrong about how town should act.

D1 lynches being bad doesn't preclude you having opinions on other players, it means you don't want to vote them out for those opinions.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I'm gonna say, I kinda like the new Kash AV. It was time for a change.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Flying Leatherman posted:

Seems like she was posting up until yesterday evening off and on, unless I'm getting the dates wrong. I agree the volume isn't there like Glowku's was, though.

Glowku, though, could never be described of lurking, and I'm a bit nonplussed as to how even a barely-awake poster could read him that way.

That aside, I do agree that maybe we can solve the Little Mac problem by just letting the lurker rules handle it. I don't see a need to give us no information to go on by voting a zero-content lurker today.

You are assuming I read him, not remembered him.

If you are barely awake, catch up on the thread, see no posts from a person and subsequently see a person replaced, you kinda slot them as a lurker and move on. I would have realized differently next reread.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

I'd also like a YT vote but I don't like this flavor claim.

I promise not to tell the thread who I am not anymore.

(for real I was being silly and didn't want people to think it was a very poorly constructed breadcrumb but liked the bad joke)

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Rofl. In this post, Jimson accusing Kashuno of being scum with him?

Jimson said Kash was defending his play, until someone else got momentum, at which point Kash switched to Jimson to divert said momentum in order to prevent a scum dunk.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Yea, I don't agree but that's my read on the post.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Kashuno posted:

Point to where I’m interested in defending Jimson

Ask him? I was just translating.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

flerp posted:

i had a big post about all of my reads but it got tedious so ill give summaries

TM - stupid plays, but prob town

BK - i didnt like his case on TM, leaning slightly scum

garth - before reading, i thought he was scum, after reading, he feels genuine. leaning slight town

xad - was suspicious of, but i agree that it feels like a new player playing town. could still be scum, but not definitive. if they werent new, i prob would think they were scum, but i think their play could be from a newbie town.

bif - some of her posts bothered me, slightly suspicious, i got my eye on her.

asiina - vote on me was (ironically) a bit easy, but overall, dont think bad about her. null atm.

gulag - doing gulag things.

yt - i think his day 1 lynches are terrible is really bad play, but its something hes said consistently within other games. i do think he hasnt provided any reads, but im not sure if thats him not engaging with the game or because of his d1 lynches are bad policy. possibly scum, but not sure.

kash - he's cool, i like him

jimson - lovers

those are the people i have major reads on. if not on the list, then i basically have a null read on them.

I just caught this going back through flerps posts.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Kashuno posted:

He and Jimson are lovers in every game forever

I’ll back off my suspicions of people on the Jimson lynch for now. It’s hard for me to tone it down because on a regular lynch I can see a couple things that look off to me, whereas in this game I can’t assume ANYONE is arguing in good faith, because even if they are they may not be town aligned. Sorry yall

oh ok that makes more sense I guess?

I didn't realize I was intruding on a private thing here

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

IllegallySober posted:

Not crazy about the YT votes- I policy-voted him D1 in the last game we were in together for his "no-dunks on D1 are good" stance but don't want to lean on that every game and don't get a strong sense about him either way so far this game.

To be clear I am not voting him because he thinks no dunks on d1 are good.

I am voting him because he won't express opinions on other players, regardless of if he wants to lynch today.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

Is MMT going to show up before EOD or...

I tried to check and see if MMT had posted anywhere else the last couple days, but post history doesn't show anything since Monday and she's posted in this very game since then, so clearly the post history button is a loving liar.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Alright, YT has stalled and it's almost deadline, so I'm going to jump to Jimson

##vote Jimson

I'll be around as needed, I'm actually not at work for a deadline.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

Well, unless someone claims otherwise, I am going to assume you had it yourself.

So you want a doctor to claim? Really?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

More importantly:

In what weird romhack is Seigfried hero aligned? There's a fake one who steals your poo poo, and a real one who you can fight in the Colosseum.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Kashuno posted:

I definitely don't think things will align 100% flavorwise because flavorsolving is dumb even with fake claims

Oh I know, I was more poking fun at CPig than actually complaining.

I'm somewhat suspicious of Mort's claim. In a vacuum I wouldn't believe it, but he threw that claim out very early in the day with no prompting. A scum/SK would be dumb to claim that at all. Why admit you failed a kill? It's too likely to backfire.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Kashuno posted:

As the guy who runs the most bizarre role madness games out there, a permanent town pgovig seems insane even by my standards.

Yea, that's why I'm torn.

The claim seems incredibly fake and OP.

But the timing is something an excited town would do. Maybe an annoyed SK, but any scum team should've talked him out of this gambit unless Mort went rogue.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

After thinking about it some more, I think I've landed on this

##vote Mort

Deciding evidence is clearly that Shadow counters attacks with his dog not shurikens what even is this claim

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Yorkshire Tea posted:

So a few possibilities with Mord.

On the assumption that Kash's D1 play indicates town since he was behind a push the ruined a scum player.

Is his ability implausible?

Honestly probably not. It's charge based and there are 26 people in the game. If he's never targetted he ends up killing 3 people maybe? And we know there are docs in this game as well.

I think people going after Mord on that basis are either doing so prematurely or are trying to push an easy target. Not sure which at the moment.

3 people plus one every other lynch. Plus if he gets a kill back every other one of his kills (on average). Plus he's a PGO while he has charges left.

It isn't just three charges. You are drastically downplaying how powerful he is.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

yes, I do want him killing more people. at my behest. from now on I will choose all of mord's kills.

You've got a nickle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

we try to pinpoint clever psychological inconsistencies in others but at the end of the day....99 percent of the bad guys are just going "uhhh hi. i'm, er,....brb actually" over and over again

Sad but true.

• Locked thread