Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
STANDARD MAFIA EH?

I'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Make me Cid

:chanpop:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

What FF6 Cid is the worst one

I know what I said

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I am going to be a positive force for change in this game :)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mayor Glowku posted:

Signed, I hope we can all yell at each other with decency this game.

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

I want to yell at both glowku and kashuno thanks

:)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The ancient War of the Magi...
When its flames at last receded, only
the charred husk of a world remained.
Even the power of magic was lost...

In the thousand years that followed
iron, gunpowder and steam engines
took the place of magic, and life slowly
returned to the barren land...

Yet there now stands one who would
reawaken the magic of ages past,
and use its dread power as a means
by which to conquer all the world...

...Could anyone truly
be foolish enough
to repeat that mistake?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mordiceius posted:

Kashuno claimed Kefka to me via PMs.

##vote Kashuno

Modkill for PMs imo!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

is this the GBA translation or something

idk I just typed "ff6 prologue" into youtube and C&P'd

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

not ff6 related

##vote Moredickeius

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Jesus this is gonna be fun. On another note I didn't get PPM :( At least the game is full of fun smart people, I'm excited :D

finally, a final fantasy game where cpig fucks up someone else's PM!!!!!!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm sleepy

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Normally I lynch lurkers but Mord if you just shut up I won't lynch you

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

I'll still cuddle him.

then you'll need to reference

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mithross posted:

I got a PM

It told me that CPig still hasn't forgiven me for FF4:TAY mafia, and he was going to punish me this game.

I'm scared now

Oh you’re the guy who got Cid??

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

peramene posted:

claiming vanilla town except the word isn't town is it nobody say the word but i sure am town if you know what i mean

I unironically think this is scum who has access to a town role PM trying to use it to frame themselves as town

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote peramene

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Then where is your vote? Or are you waiting to make sure others agree first?

I didn’t realize the day had started :(

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

Kash wasn't in Shine was he, loving :lol: here we go again

I was not in the most recent Shine, no. However I have played in games where scum has attempted to cover their rear end early on by claiming they know the Town alignment isn’t Town. I’ve seen it quite a few times actually

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
In fact such an early dismissal of that kind of casing on early day one of all things is pretty suspicious. This game is less wacky than the shine series, and I think conflating two setups by two different mods who explicitly have two different situations in mind is asinine

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Yorkshire Tea posted:

You're asinine.

Great content I can see you’ll be contributing a lot to this game welcome back

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

peramene posted:

you FUCKER.

My flavor very much makes me seem like I'm "out for myself" because that is what it LITERALLY MEANS so unless someone with ff6 knowledge wants to swing in and save me by naming my flavor and reassuring me that he counts as a loving hero I'm pissed

peramene posted:

unreal

it explicitly says hero, I was angling for some wink wink action because loving Lone Wolf like... c'mon, I oughta be a survivor or something

but no, vanilla, no powers, no fun

Max I am not scum

also I have not seen Asiina post. She's probably playing wow. But still

##vote asiina

Outrage at the mod for screwing up her plan? Especially in light of the second post where she is now backtracking and being like "haha nope I am just mad at the mod for misflavoring me!"

Come on now.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Classic scum slip

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Y'all getting on Glowku for the tldr without realizing it isn't a game related post :lol:

BottleKnight posted:

I don't know how i feel about the pera case. Like, I can see what you mean Kash, I'm just not sure I read it and get the same results. I read it and responded more like "you alluding to hero doesn't make you town" more than it makes her likely scum.

A post where someone tries to allude to their alignment without outright stating it, as a way to put forth they are town, is a scum tactic.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The votes on flerp are incredibly lazy and ridiculous on their face. Anyone doing that should be considered playing from a non Town perspective. Not really feeling the thread police thing from Asiina, as it feels like forced content and elitism (see also: mafia farting, a tactic mostly employed by scum)

The BK/FL/Bif situation is odd to me. I find myself more in alignment with FL and Bif, insofar as BK’s position comes across supremely open ended. However, it is early enough in day 1 that I think voting BK for this is a bit much. This second paragraph is mega ironicat, I am aware

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Asiina’s flerp vote offends me the most in the current vote tally

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Mafia dadding autocorrect, but farting is accurate too

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

If you still stick to this story at end of day, would vote.

This is ridiculous and lazy KB shame on you

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Lurking is good scum play, isn't it ##vote Little Mac?

A lurker call out less than 12 hours into the day? This is just ridiculous fake content padding. I would vote Tobbs

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

peramene posted:

Also I would benefit from having a little day one credibility q e loving d

there are currently more votes on a guy who gulag claimed to day cop than you, so there isn't really a reason to be melodramatic about your credibility :)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
AFking from the game for 2 irl days on day 1 is not good.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Genuinely though, not posting for two full days is a serious red flag because on the off chance peramene is town we will have significantly less post history than other players to go off.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

GulagDolls posted:

I'm not going to post for the next TEN days

Great! Maybe if you post every 10 days you'll manage to make one post worth reading :)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

okay you psychic mofo

I'm flavorclaiming now because I feel this might be important: I'm Relm and I'm VT. so clearly being a main character doesn't mean jack. I don't think flavor matters that much in this game.

:chanpop:

Seriously claiming when you’re VT is the absolute worst thing you can do in a game aaaaaa. A VT claim is legitimately worse than a power role claim. Stop.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

yyyyyyyyyyyup

I'm trying to make this into a "deleting you" emoji joke but I think I'm too old

##vote Tired

This vote is incredibly ridiculous even for you Bif. You think a non VT player is going to draw huge attention to themselves this early on for literally no reason and just hope it doesn’t backfire? Come on

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

garthoneeye posted:

This is a terrible post. Thinking Pera made a slip is ridiculously reaching.

This is a good basis for a vote, but I think you're using it as justification for a vote you know is bad.
I don't trust you.

##vote KB

This is strange, because you skip the person who presented (and pushed) the case entirely, not even mentioning them

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

b-minus1 posted:

Pretty sus of bottleknight rn

b-minus1 posted:

##vote KB
these one right after the other make no sense to me. They are a few hours apart, but b- is building up a possible BK vote then goes to KB with no explanation and no other posts that night. Weird.

King Burgundy posted:

Note he didn't respond to this, but did to the post after this, so we know he saw it.
This is part of my problem with Garth. He skipped over my post where I discussed how I was pushing the peramene case the hardest and used that case as a justification for a KB vote without even mentioning me.

garthoneeye posted:

There was something about KB's post that struck me as off. While I don't agree with your case, I see you coming from a place of truth.
I also don't want to vote someone who's actually making a case day 1.

I don't buy that KB believed your case.
Circles back around when called out. Can’t say why KB’s post comes off insincere or different than mine, just that it does. Weird. Also doesn’t match what he said when he voted KB.
I’m mostly ignoring TM on the basis he is either a jester or some other crap

Bifauxnen posted:

ok good I didn't want you griping at me later that I totally misrepresented you!

I didn't get the same bad vibes off of Garth's post cause Kash seems to be towning it the gently caress up even if he's gonna be wrong about poo poo along the way. So Garth passing up Kash's post to criticize KB instead didn't feel weird to me. Kash pushing that pera case forward as one of the first (wasn't it THE first?) bits of actual content in the game is naturally gonna sound different to KB coming in later after he's had time to consider the merits of the case.

BK's post on the other hand, feels like it's putting more effort into distortion:

Since Garth bothered to vote KB, presumably he believes KB is scum. And presumably Garth believed all along that KB, as lying scum, didn't really believe in the case on pera. Because if KB is scum, he must be trying to frame up the poor innocent pera, so she can get lunched!

Pointing out that KB doesn't seem to believe the case isn't "backpedaling," it's implied from the start, by calling it a reach. By voting for someone and calling them scum in the first place.

##vote BK
I don’t agree with this at all, but I can follow the logic of it and I think Bif is good.

King Burgundy posted:

Hmmm. You are doing the same thing Garth did. Why did you ignore me saying he was back pedaling but then case BK on it?
This is kinda silly though. This situation is a bit different than what Garth did. Interaction there is tainted, whereas the Bif/BK thing is not. I think it’s different enough it makes sense for Bif to look at other players.
Ok I was going to ignore TM but TIRED MORITZ this lesson in mafia basics is for you my friend: a claimed VT is worse than any other claim in the game. You put town in an uncomfortable position by doing so. Non-town killing roles know that you are not lying, and won’t kill you to create problems among town, thus reducing their number of targets to pick from. At some point, if people find you scummy, town has to waste resources on a fully claimed player because there is no chance scum is going to kill them for town. It is the worst thing you can do, as a town player, to claim VT. It’s worse than claiming a power role.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Were I scum and someone claimed Terra, I'd kill them straight away.

Max posted:

Would vote Garth or Keane.
Keane??

There is no way on earth that she's a vanilla role or not in the game.
This is stupid and fake content.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
hosed up the quotes at the end but I hope people get what I was sayin.

Morning~

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also I am going to vote peramene because announcing you are AFKing for two irl days is not good and will not be tolerated.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Tired Moritz is not scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

garthoneeye posted:

I didn't think your initial posts about pera were necessarily terrible, even if they didn't convince me. Pera's subsequent posts (before announcing she was out for the rest of day one) make me believe Pera is town.
I don't get the feeling that you were manufacturing an argument; I think you were engaging honestly. That makes me think you're town.

I don't believe KB agrees with your argument. That's the feeling I got from KB's post. I don't think KB is engaging honestly. That's why i think he's scum.

Yeah I strongly disagree with this, but I can at least see where you're trying to come from so I am not voting you at this time.

Glowku saying a lot of words with no substance.

• Locked thread