Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Rocket Race was such good funny gaming. i dont understand why FPS developers keep trying to cater to these frustrated competitive serious esports gamers, just give me a place where i can have goofy fun with my friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Squeezy Farm posted:

that one was cool. i also liked the one where everyone was on a small square platform and gravity cannons launched random poo poo at you to dodge, with the last one standing getting a point. i think there was another where one player was in charge of tossing the garbage down to get flung at players

Omfg yes

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

Rocket Race was such good funny gaming. i dont understand why FPS developers keep trying to cater to these frustrated competitive serious esports gamers, just give me a place where i can have goofy fun with my friends

The only FPS in recent years that's come even close to Halo wrt fun user made game modes is Team Fortress 2, and well...... lol...

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Didn't one of the recent CoDs have some game modes like that? I think a lot of them were seasonal.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
viva la prop hunt

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Blops 1 & 2 had fun gamemodes like Sticks &Stones and One in the Chamber, but those sadly havent made a return

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Didn't one of the recent CoDs have some game modes like that? I think a lot of them were seasonal.

Yeah but those were just a handful of custom modes made available by the devs every once in a blue moon. I want a game with hundreds of different wacky modes curated by the community and that's apparently too much to ask for now

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I give modern Bungie a lot of poo poo but if they straight up copied Halo 3/Reach Forge with minimal effort and awkwardly stuck it into Destiny 2 I'd buy the collectors edition in a heartbeat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I remember the Duck Hunt custom mode where players would rotate between one team getting fed out of jet ramps to fly through the air across the map and the other team shooting at them with gauss hogs to get points

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Yeah but those were just a handful of custom modes made available by the devs every once in a blue moon. I want a game with hundreds of different wacky modes curated by the community and that's apparently too much to ask for now

You can't do this anymore bc unique stuff has to be DLC gated and developed by the actual studio. Which can't get fun stupid stuff past publishers if you can't sell lootboxes for it for 4+ years

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm just glad developers finally solved the problem of fun in gaming.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm just glad developers finally solved the problem of fun in gaming.

i sent u an email but can i get my platinum reactivated?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I think the Battlefield games would be perfect for user made modes and levels, its too bad about EA

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Titanfall 2 as well. You could get really goofy with the running physics

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I give modern Bungie a lot of poo poo but if they straight up copied Halo 3/Reach Forge with minimal effort and awkwardly stuck it into Destiny 2 I'd buy the collectors edition in a heartbeat

i wouldnt cause the shooting and Q press abilties in destiny 2 felt like crud to me.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
halo 3 forge stuff was uniquely cool cause bungie actually curated lists of cool ones and put them into rotating playlists and double XP weekends.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i gotta download the halo 5 forge stuff for pc, maybe the spirit of creative goofiness is still alive

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

TFW I'll never watch an entire Roseanne marathon while jumping around weird rear end TF2 servers ever again. Joining an Australian guys allcrit lowgrav server he was on by himself & him instantly being pissed off calling us queers and what sounded like rumpshaggers but I'm still not sure

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

TFW I'll never watch an entire Roseanne marathon while jumping around weird rear end TF2 servers ever again. Joining an Australian guys allcrit lowgrav server he was on by himself & him instantly being pissed off calling us queers and what sounded like rumpshaggers but I'm still not sure

lmao

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

HolePisser1982 posted:

:yeah:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

hey dude, roseanne is coming back, so you never know

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmao

almostfearless
Aug 1, 2003

Inspiral, Coalescence, Ringdown

HolePisser1982 posted:

Grifball FTMFW

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I remember the Duck Hunt custom mode where players would rotate between one team getting fed out of jet ramps to fly through the air across the map and the other team shooting at them with gauss hogs to get points

i hope this is possible on pc forge

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

LOL

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

tfw getting insanely blazed, queuing up 2hrs of scatman, and joining a random source surf server

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HolePisser1982 posted:

Rocket Hog on blood glitch is some of the most fun I've ever had while gaming

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The most insane forge mode I played was this version of infection where all the human players were locked in this grid and could only jump to move. The zombies started at the top of this huge ramp with every land vehicle in the game and they had to try to road kill the human plays who had to jump over the cars. Eventually my friends found out that if you shot the teleport mesh that sent vehicles that missed or hit back to the top of the ramp with an explosive it would make whatever was going through the teleporter at that exact moment fly out again at super speeds at the human players. It hit one guy so hard that his rag doll skipped across the water under the map like a stone for 10 seconds. The map was called jump rope

https://youtu.be/OsH6ISh19WI

frank.club fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Sep 27, 2017

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

frank.club posted:

The most insane forge mode I played was this version of infection where all the human players were locked in this grid and could only jump to move. The zombies started at the top of this huge ramp with every land vehicle in the game and they had to try to road kill the human plays who had to jump over the cars. Eventually my friends found out that if you shot the teleport mesh that sent vehicles that missed or hit back to the top of the ramp with an explosive it would make whatever was going through the teleporter at that exact moment fly out again at super speeds at the human players. It hit one guy so hard that his rag doll skipped across the water under the map like a stone for 10 seconds. The map was called jump rope

lmao, awesome

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

frank.club posted:

Lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

frank.club posted:

lmao tht rules

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Some reddit guy remade the map for that halo online thing I might check it out

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

frank.club posted:

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

frank.club posted:

LOL

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

• Locked thread