Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Wow, the double-turn segment for Neville and Enzo was awesome. Like, for Enzo it plays perfectly into the reality of a division where Enzo is by far the worst wrestler, his overall kayfabe portrayal and booking as a loud-mouth sub-par fighter who has accomplished little even going back to NXT and spent his entire title match getting his rear end kicked AND it successfully works the shoot backstage drama we've been following for him. For Neville it rewards him for months and months of carrying the division with top-level character work AND wrestling to sub-par reactions with a huge push and a boat-load of momentum off the turn, but gives him a perfect storyline reason for leaving the division entirely thus protecting Enzo and the Cruisers as a whole from the vacuum he caused by his long dominance. It sets Enzo up with a ton of heat, and leaves a wide-open field for who might go after him because Jack's recent turn along with Gulak's amusing new gimmick set up very fresh #2 and #3 heels to build up challengers, while Neville left Tozawa and Swann as ex-Champions primed to get hosed over by Enzo so he'll be occupied through to Mania season.

Like, this is borderline brilliant. I'm almost stunned at how perfect it was. I hate to jump the gun, but if this culminates in Enzo crowning a well-built face at Mania who's been waiting in the wings during Neville's run, like Metallic or Cedric, this could be a one-in-a-million saving throw that finally vindicates the division. I may have to actually watch 205 Live on Hulu to see if this goes anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Furthermore they're also having Seth and Dean feud with Braun AND The Bar so I genuinely have no idea what the gently caress is going on there.

I don't think it's a feud with Braun, more just a one off thing. Dean challenges him because he's nuts, and Seth challenges him too after getting called out as boring and predictable.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Was the Enzo segment as good as it sounds?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Absolutely, Neville and Enzo made a 205 segment the most exciting part of the night.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Now Braun will never get his shot at the Cruiserweight Championship! :gonk:

SalTheBard posted:

Was the Enzo segment as good as it sounds?

It was certainly...unique. Go search out the full segment on youtube, the WWE channel version doesn't fully encapsulate it.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Professor Funk posted:

Neville should get moved to Smackdown and feud with AJ Styles for the US title tbh

Same but also Tozawa.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Sanguinia posted:

Wow, the double-turn segment for Neville and Enzo was awesome. Like, for Enzo it plays perfectly into the reality of a division where Enzo is by far the worst wrestler, his overall kayfabe portrayal and booking as a loud-mouth sub-par fighter who has accomplished little even going back to NXT and spent his entire title match getting his rear end kicked AND it successfully works the shoot backstage drama we've been following for him. For Neville it rewards him for months and months of carrying the division with top-level character work AND wrestling to sub-par reactions with a huge push and a boat-load of momentum off the turn, but gives him a perfect storyline reason for leaving the division entirely thus protecting Enzo and the Cruisers as a whole from the vacuum he caused by his long dominance. It sets Enzo up with a ton of heat, and leaves a wide-open field for who might go after him because Jack's recent turn along with Gulak's amusing new gimmick set up very fresh #2 and #3 heels to build up challengers, while Neville left Tozawa and Swann as ex-Champions primed to get hosed over by Enzo so he'll be occupied through to Mania season.

Like, this is borderline brilliant. I'm almost stunned at how perfect it was. I hate to jump the gun, but if this culminates in Enzo crowning a well-built face at Mania who's been waiting in the wings during Neville's run, like Metallic or Cedric, this could be a one-in-a-million saving throw that finally vindicates the division. I may have to actually watch 205 Live on Hulu to see if this goes anywhere.

lol if you think any of that will happen

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Benne posted:

lol if you think any of that will happen

I mean, I don't really, but I'll at least wait until the first fuckup. Like if Neville is still on 205 Live tomorrow for instance.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

tweet my meat posted:

I don't think it's a feud with Braun, more just a one off thing. Dean challenges him because he's nuts, and Seth challenges him too after getting called out as boring and predictable.

Still doesn't explain The Bar!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Wow that segment was pretty loving awesome. The slow turn of the promo was great. Neville using Red Arrow was awesome. Wow. Loved it

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Well that's simple

THEYAREDABARRRRRR

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Shaemus lost to Rollins again tonight you know. If that is the direction they're going it's dumb because Shaesaro continue to look like jobbers who would add nothing to Braun.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sanguinia posted:

Shaemus lost to Rollins again tonight you know. If that is the direction they're going it's dumb because Shaesaro continue to look like jobbers who would add nothing to Braun.

Yes but the announcers made it very very clear that The Bar wasn't done with them yet, and even IF it's Miztourage v. Shield that means literally none of the men's titles will be defended at TLC. I just don't see that happening. Unless they do a Russo special and it's a 6 man where if the Miztourage wins Bo and Axel get the tag titles and if The Shield wins Roman gets the IC Title.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Miz + Miztourage + Joe + Strowman + The Bar vs. The Shield.

Ambrose and Rollins are taken out before the match and never tag in. Roman wins with one Spear.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Actually the more I think about it the more I think they'll do the 6 man title for title deal but that''ll have all the drama of Cena/Rock vs. Awesome Truth.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean if we wanna talk about Awesome Truth wasn't that the last time Miz (with R-Truth of all people) was actually, like, a really credible danger to people?

Not saying that match was anything, I never saw it and it probably sucked, just, y'know, the team in general.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

I mean if we wanna talk about Awesome Truth wasn't that the last time Miz (with R-Truth of all people) was actually, like, a really credible danger to people?

Not saying that match was anything, I never saw it and it probably sucked, just, y'know, the team in general.

Very much so. Just like they made the Miztourage look fairly legit tonight.

Match still sucked though.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Are Finn and Bray really still going at it? Really?

Really?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

VJeff posted:

I'd say his Smackdown run vs Ziggler made him legit dangerous. He was not a chickenshit heel in that feud, he was out to slaughter Ziggler and Dolph made the SCF look like a death move.

For that matter, it's continued to be a Death Move since then. As far I remember nobody has kicked out of it or gotten up from it in angles for... a long while now. It may be in contention for Most Protected Finisher along with Dirty Deeds, the F-5 and OOOOOAAAAAH.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

roman forms the New SHIELD with Jason Jordan and Vince McMahon

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ahhh, actually if they did Shield/Miztourage as the TLC Match I'd be able to buy that more (plus it'd improve the match).

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I just wish Roman had his own theme so it would be more special when the shield returns. I guess the "sierra hotel india echo lima delta" will get a pretty big pop though

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

tweet my meat posted:

I just wish Roman had his own theme so it would be more special when the shield returns. I guess the "sierra hotel india echo lima delta" will get a pretty big pop though

Agreed.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Jack Anderson posted:

Are Finn and Bray really still going at it? Really?

Really?

No.

Finn and Goldust are going at it, now.

RIP Finn Balor's career

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Ahhh, actually if they did Shield/Miztourage as the TLC Match I'd be able to buy that more (plus it'd improve the match).

I think that's the point since they debuted at TLC.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Sanguinia posted:

I'd say his Smackdown run vs Ziggler made him legit dangerous. He was not a chickenshit heel in that feud, he was out to slaughter Ziggler and Dolph made the SCF look like a death move.

For that matter, it's continued to be a Death Move since then. As far I remember nobody has kicked out of it or gotten up from it in angles for... a long while now. It may be in contention for Most Protected Finisher along with Dirty Deeds, the F-5 and OOOOOAAAAAH.

Ziggler kicked out at No Mercy (the last one!), Dean kicked out on SmackDown. I wanna say that's it.

Strawberry Panda posted:

I think that's the point since they debuted at TLC.

They debuted at Survivor Series.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

Ziggler kicked out at No Mercy (the last one!), Dean kicked out on SmackDown. I wanna say that's it.

They debuted at Survivor Series.

Yes but their first match was TLC.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Is Finn and Bray really still not over?

Really?

REALLY?

Really.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
loose cannon neville top face vs. shithead braggart moron enzo top heel makes me extremely interested in 205 live, its me i am the mark.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

shiksa posted:

loose cannon neville top face vs. shithead braggart moron enzo top heel makes me extremely interested in 205 live, its me i am the mark.

I took that as Neville leaving 205 (which frankly he should). But it's still the best thing possible for the show even just with Enzo'x turn.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Sanguinia posted:

Wait when did Jack have a heel turn??? What's his character like now??

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jiro posted:

Wait when did Jack have a heel turn??? What's his character like now??

He turned after TBK beat him to end their feud. His character is basically "guy who looks like a gentleman but is actually a gritty bastard."

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've finished Raw now and that was such a perfect face turn for Neville. After months and months of being obsessed with the title he gave it all up just to punch Enzo round the head :unsmith:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
God, WWE Story Time is just the best, especially the stories tonight from Mick Foley and Steve Austin:allears:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Last night: They'll never reform the SHIELD to fight The Miz and his goons
WWE: Hold my beer
Roman Reigns: Get my beer, boy

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I have been known to occasionally enjoy a beer. But I am ambivalent about Roman Reigns.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Gonz posted:

I have been known to occasionally enjoy a beer. But I am ambivalent about Roman Reigns.
Roman Reigns is the working class, and you will love him because he likes to drink beer. Please boo The Miz, who only drinks champagne.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

Roman Reigns is the working class, and you will love him because he likes to drink beer. Please boo The Miz, who only drinks champagne.

Counterpoint: The Miz is the IC champ, is a cool dude with a smokin' hot wife, and has friends.

Roman has no title, tries hard to be cool and fails, and has no friends to watch his back.

Roman probably also enjoys drinking Milwaukee's Best, which is technically carbonated urine.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

It seems like bad writing to turn Enzo so soon after he was the plucky underdog against Big Cass. Now I know what you're thinking, bad writing, WWE? Really? But just hear me out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Alan_Shore posted:

It seems like bad writing to turn Enzo so soon after he was the plucky underdog against Big Cass. Now I know what you're thinking, bad writing, WWE? Really? But just hear me out
Don't forget there was a company mandate for the entire 205 Live roster to say awful things when he won the title Sunday except for Tozawa who just said "I like him :unsmith:"

• Locked thread