Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

blue squares posted:

Ben wanted the money so that he could lift his family up
Chrissy got fired and is loving it.

I'm feeling OK with Ben having the money
x1000

I also respect that Ben automatically said Men and Women who have fought

A lot of country rear end jarheads would not have come right out with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

zeke being outed by an rear end in a top hat is not a cultural milestone

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Also as a sporadic survivor watcher, this season didn't really sell me much on watching future seasons.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Okay this is a cool moment at least

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

lol at his buddy immediately cussing on live network tv

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Quest For Glory II posted:

zeke being outed by an rear end in a top hat is not a cultural milestone

I extremely disagree

More suburban moms and poo poo understand a lot more because that happened. A lot more. It actually was important. lovely AS gently caress but important

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Oh poo poo it's manly tears time

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Zerilan posted:

Also as a sporadic survivor watcher, this season didn't really sell me much on watching future seasons.

Yeah this one was a slog.

I’ll watch episode two so I can see if Jeff still messes up by saying "once again immunity is back up for grabs".

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

ok this moment with Chrissy's old coworkers wouldn't have been as good

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I get the complaints but even lovely survivor owns to me so oh well

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
My mom walked in during the vote reading and asked why Harry Potter was on survivor

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

sportsgenius86 posted:

I get the complaints but even lovely survivor owns

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Should I be regretting shutting it off once Ben was announced as the winner?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SteveVizsla posted:

My mom walked in during the vote reading and asked why Harry Potter was on survivor

You should have told her it was Frodo

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

the truth posted:

This is worse than the time that girl who was virtually never on the show beat Aubrey. That was just a failure on the editors, but this is just blatant favoritism by the producers.

I dunno. I don't think the game was rigged for Ben. But it was the most blatant winner edit on Survivor, in a long rear end time. Like from the first PTSD moment early in the season it was, Bens the winner edit.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I can't believe I'm saying this but I hope they eventually do a celebrity survivor

They probably couldn't get good people though for a ton of reasons so idk

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

I get the complaints but even lovely survivor owns to me so oh well

I was basically just half watching out of inertia for most of the second half. Id have probably stopped watching if I didn't think Devon was really cute.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

DurosKlav posted:

Should I be regretting shutting it off once Ben was announced as the winner?

There is rarely anything worthwhile in the reunion except the preview for the next season.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

The Bloop posted:

I can't believe I'm saying this but I hope they eventually do a celebrity survivor

No actual celebrities will go there so it'll be a bunch of D listers and like, Omarosa

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I dunno. I don't think the game was rigged for Ben. But it was the most blatant winner edit on Survivor, in a long rear end time. Like from the first PTSD moment early in the season it was, Bens the winner edit.

Kind of my thought, the last idol and "advantage" made it feel a little rigged, but the editing for a long time felt like it was screaming "root for Ben" any chance it got.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The Bloop posted:

Celebrity reality shows are a loving joke. Just look at celebrity big brother coming up. Basically just lovely people you heard of from some lovely thing.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
It's kind of funny to see the reunion refusing to get to the reunion part.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
This season was a slog and if I’d given up (like I was oh so tempted to do) after any of the first six episodes I’d have no regrets. But it got more entertaining on the second half, and the choice of winner was comprehensible given what we were shown. Compared to a few recent seasons it’s got a leg up.

Could easily just start watching at the merge and you’d miss nothing.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:lol: James' idol

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The more I think about it, the more it sucks that Devon played a game in which:

-Nobody but Ben ever even wrote his name down
-The only time he was legitimately in jeopardy of getting voted out, he successfully avoided it by making a game move of his own
-He went to the F4 with a group where he was only in danger of getting voted out if a guy who sucked at immunity challenges won immunity, which he didn't
-He seemingly had a legitimate shot of winning with the people he was poised to go to the end with

And he still didn't make the finals!

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

lol theyve asked like one question of the non-final 3

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Celebrity reality shows are a loving joke. Just look at celebrity big brother coming up. Basically just lovely people you heard of from some lovely thing.

Celebrity Apprentice had some pretty drat amazing moments of insanity. I'm imagining Gary Busey and Dennis Rodman after a month with no food

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

xbilkis posted:

-The only time he was legitimately in jeopardy of getting voted out, he successfully avoided it by making a game move of his own
-He went to the F4 with a group where he was only in danger of getting voted out if a guy who sucked at immunity challenges won immunity, which he didn't
-He seemingly had a legitimate shot of winning with the people he was poised to go to the end with

Yeah, I'm really sad that he's not a millionaire right now :(

He would have 7-1-0 or maybe even 8-0-0'd

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The F4 twist also posits that

1) Making fire is a more meaningful way of "earning" your way into the F3 than positioning yourself to not get voted out
2) People deserve an opportunity to "earn" a spot in the F3 even after losing the F4 immunity challenge
3) Being the least threatening player in the F4 means you don't have to "earn" a spot in the F4, but being the second most threatening player in the F4 does

In conclusion, it's dumb as hell

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
GHOST ISLAND

ghost island

ghost island

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

xbilkis posted:

He was robbed and Survivor is trying its hardest to jump the shark

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

What is this bullshit

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

xbilkis posted:

He played a good game that basically came down to a coin flip that bypassed a tribal.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

lmao what is this

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Survivor: Fan Fiction Island

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Somehow, I still have no idea what Ghost Island is...

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I was rooting for Ben and did not want to see him go out on that U, but the whole thing seemed a bit rigged even to me. Is it still rigged if it helped the person I wanted to win? I can blame the others for leaving him alone to find all those idols though and they did a good job of showing him putting in the work for it. They can maybe scare off some of the rigged talk by coming out and saying "Ben spent 18 hours looking for idols compared to 5 from Russell Hantz" or something like that.

Chrissy was too cocky for too long but tonight was brutal for her, I almost felt bad and was impressed by her tribal aside from her talking over Ryan too much, which was a dick move. Did it feel like this season overall was more chaotic? Even if you take out the idol bombs you have people chatting willy nilly in regular tribal as well as near chaos in the final tribal. Part of me misses the each person gets one question then shuts up format of the more formal FTC. I guess the chaos must have gotten more people talking on twitter so the producers roll with it now. Or else they always edited out the chaos before.

I'm more disappointed that I had Chrissy and Ryan pegged as two of the final three way back in the first few weeks just from how much screentime they were getting, they need to show more of the rest of the cast early on, even if they are being wallflowers.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

HAUNTED ADVANTAGES!!! :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I have no idea if I want to watch that or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

bagrada posted:

Is it still rigged if it helped the person I wanted to win?

It's super rigged, AND it's all your fault. :mad:

• Locked thread