Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
I can understand the thinking behind not using the idol on a non-ally on its face, but I also have to wonder whether she can hold on to the idol, even though it's useless. Seems like a powerful tool which can be shown or given away to other players to build trust, as long as she doesn't reveal it's useless now.

I also wonder whether she would be allowed to alter the rule paper. The paper they showed was really long. Could a player rip the top of the paper off where they say it's only good at the first tribal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

If Joe was the player her portrayed himself as the last time he played an idol, he would have reasoned out the strategy that he and Cole wouldn't be voted for since everyone was blatantly talking about them going in. And with Desi safe, that left Jess as the ideal alternate target. Instead he plays the idol on himself and proves that he actually has absolutely no read on things. It would have taken a lot for him to play it on someone other than himself, and I don't see him as ever being truly that ballsy.

I was a bit taken aback when Jeff said it was the first time they had done that challenge. Was it just that version of the challenge with the standing plank or what? Because I know I've seen it before, but that might just be from seeing it on the recent Australian and New Zealand seasons this last year or so.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

It made no drat sense, but seeing how the votes went, had he played the idol on Cole and if he and Joe had voted for Ben, Ben would have went home.

In that situation:

5 - Cole
3 - Ben
2 - Mike

It would have made no sense to do that, because any sensible idol split would have been 4-3 and not 5-2, so a crazy thing almost happened there.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

EW breaks down some of the Ghost Island cursed items:

http://ew.com/tv/2018/01/26/survivor-ghost-island-items/

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, looking at the page two of that, seems like someone saw the box of props they had and figured they could do something with them. Half of the "82" items aren't even gameplay things per se, it's all the snuffers and some of the voting urns from each season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Prefer to think this:

Zesty posted:

It's not enforceable legally. That's my understanding.

Was a response to this:

precision posted:

legit surprised there isn't a rule against jerking off

• Locked thread