Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

blue squares posted:

1 hour premiere loving sucks

Doesn't that mean we get more weeks of episodes? I'm down for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Man...I'm really glad that this season was filmed well before the national anthem protests flared up into a national deal. The last thing I'd want to hear is the Hero tribe rant about how much they like to stand for the special song.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/jeffprobst/status/913195003673038874

Probst himself commented on the short premiere

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I read somewhere that the walk of memories still happens, they just don't air it on TV anymore.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Do any of these people know what "blindside" means?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, I've never understood people showing up on a social game like survivor or big brother and getting butthurt about people lying. Like...that's the whole point of the game

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
The ball-and-hoop thing really is hypnotic.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I like that they had survivor challenges set up outside the studio. That's neat.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Lone Goat posted:

If I were Chrissy I'd have just thrown the "advantage" in the fire.

The advantage was the foreknowledge, not the ability of the Twist itself.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

They have been going over and cutting the lovely reunions short.

They can cut the reunion entirely for all future seasons if it prevents people from shilling their book about how outing someone on national television makes them a badass.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
"I didn't do anything around camp because I didn't want to ruin things for you" is an interesting tactic

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
OUR TROOPS OUR TROOPS OUR TROOPS OUR TROOPS OUR TROOPS OUR TROOPS

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

The Bloop posted:

I am not an OUR TROOPS person by any sense but he is talking about vets with PTSD that get forgotten when they serve

She is talking about being a mom.

She has better rhetoric, that's for sure.

My problem is less with Ben sharing his story and more the editing tossing in the swell of soulful music and the shot of the jury solemnly nodding along. It's blatant exploitation of the story. It's entertainment media glorifying combat vets as a feel good puff piece.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
The heavy handed rah rah our troops poo poo came from editing, not Ben himself. He strikes me as a really genuine guy, not someone trying to champion himself/the military. But like I mentioned during final tribal, the somber music cues and the cuts over to the jury solemnly nodding along to him talking about his military experiences were what was starting to tick me off. Production couldn't just let him be a guy. He suddenly has to be this great symbol and huge drat tragic figure.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Crisis mactors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Teek posted:

Yeah, looking at the page two of that, seems like someone saw the box of props they had and figured they could do something with them. Half of the "82" items aren't even gameplay things per se, it's all the snuffers and some of the voting urns from each season.

I'm surprised he snuffers are in...id always heard Probst keeps those as the one personal souvenir from each season.

• Locked thread