Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
is nobody going to talk about how kylo ren is on this season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Spergatory posted:

Off the top of my head, I can think of Brad Culpepper (would've beaten Tai via Troyzan tiebreaker), Woo Hwang (would've almost certainly beaten Kass), and Lillian Morris (would've beaten Fairplay because Drake-minus-Burton loving hated him).

I think even Fairplay beats Lill. At least Burton liked Jon. No one liked Lill. Not only that but I think they even took a raise-your-hand vote during the PI reunion and showed Jon would have won.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
i love idols as a concept but to me this shows that something needs to be changed about them, mainly the whole 'rehidden after use' thing. i almost feel like them having to re-hide so many idols and not really being given enough time on debating where to put them could just as easily be to blame for all of this. to me it would be better to just say, okay there's one idol at each camp, then one idol after merge, and that's it. winning the game SOLELY because you found four idols is super lame. i mean, after devon, ben was still the most likable one to win but it seems so anti-climactic in how it happened. at least mike holloway actually won like 4 challenges and only used one idol. at the very least one of ben's idols should have been hidden at a challenge, but i guess it may be harder to accomplish that with how few people are there and it's not as easy to do something without being seen.

though ben's idol magnetism gave us one great moment: chrissy's smug, horribly acted idol play being immediately dismissed. like there was not even a second where he believed it.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
always kinda wondered how i'd look during the family visit when i'm merely happy to see my loved one as opposed to breaking down and crying. i'd probably choose my aunt since she's the reason i got into survivor, but we're the type of people to just hug and go 'hey how've you been!' instead of like falling into a sobbing embrace.

i can fully understand why someone might do that for their wife or child, but i don't have either or have any relatives i see on a regular basis so it's hard for me to imagine missing them for another month. i'll concede that being malnourished and exhausted on a mental, physical, and emotional level could change my expected reaction, though. it's just hard for me to imagine. i figure production would be pretty irked with me since it would not be good for tv. my aunt and i actually discussed this and she said if there was a physical challenge involved she'd probably not want to even participate. frankly i think that would be a pretty amusing moment for the show.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
it was confirmed that he is a federal agent, but that could really be a lot of relatively mundane things.

• Locked thread