Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Fast Luck posted:

Anyway though it's funny that one of the more attractive women on the cast is bitter about Chrissy's smile and big boobs(?) and how she controls the men with her irresistible allure. Chrissy is in the back half of her 40s and Desi is a pageant queen, I think Desi just got outplayed???

Yeah I don't think I've ever paid any attention whatsoever to her boobs, had to google some pictures and still don't know what that comment was about. Makes Desi look like an rear end mostly, you can behave like a normal person and not roast people behind their back to the media when the game is over in real life.

I mean sure Ryan is attached to her but that's mostly just for egoistic reasons of thinking he made a brilliant strategic move with the special advantage (it was fine, sure) and also as a sort of mother figure since he might need one.

Bolivar fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Nov 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

I googled Roark to refresh my memory about her looks (lol), and this is kind of funny considering the prior posts:

quote:

Personal Claim to Fame: I’ve had a photo taken of me every single day of my life.
http://ew.com/tv/survivor-heroes-healers-hustlers-cast-season-35/roark-luskin
:gary:

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Zesty posted:

I made this last year. I was curious if there was a trend of minorities getting voted out early. I believe I had to guess on a few of them and it’s not always proper to fit one person as one race or another. But this should give a basic overview.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ml93dJ34xcRcMoUqOqmXYJclH7lObr4viKIqqhme4LI

I guess whoever was fifth round black guy/girl in column 28 didn't really stand a chance :regd09:

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Is there a history in this show of telling people about your idols and advantages being a good and wise thing towards winning a million? Because as long as I remember, it always follows the same pattern:
1) Jimmy finds an idol
2) Jimmy is high and excited
3) Jimmy overdoses on his own ego by thinking he's a strategic mastermind and tells his buddy Billy about the idol in order to "gain trust"
4) Jimmy and Billy are best friends forever for the next 20 hours
5) Billy has been thinking about this in his head last night and decides that it's his time to step up his game and tells Molly about the idol in order to "gain trust"
6) one hour later, everyone on camp knows

It's easy to dismiss it as hindsight but every time someone does it (like Ryan this season) I shout in my head NOOOOOOOOO because it's just so drat obvious what happens next. And Lauren could have just noted the spot of the (part) idol and come back later for it. Instead she decides in 0,5 seconds that she wants everyone on camp to know. She was like a poker player who goes all in, all in, all in, all in every round and it goes really well all the way until some one actually has a hand.

I don't like Ben but I don't think I'll mind if he wins a million because he's the only person who can keep his own god drat secret to himself (was that his own words? Might be).

Bolivar fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Dec 9, 2017

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

So is there another hidden idol near the camp now? Which Ben can just go look for and find because the production is unable to do anything other than mark something with a clearly visible sign of DIG HERE?

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

.TakaM posted:

I've been watching Survivor New Zealand, I'm just up to the merge now. So far there has been no mention of hidden immunity idols, they have redemption island eliminations and it seems like everyone is a pretty big fan of the show.
If you're looking for more Survivor after this season wraps up you might wanna look into it. As long as you can handle some true blue kiwi accents bro bloody hell I'm munted as aye

I tried watching one season of Aussie Survivor and one season of Kiwi Survivor and they both had the same kind of drama arc where all the interesting people get voted out early and then you're just left with a bunch normal, boring people. So I stopped watching both of them about halfway into them. Also noted that there was a clear lack of disgusting human beings as villains which we have in the US versions. But just my hot takes from half a season of each, I guess there's several seasons of at least the AUS version :regd09:

Bolivar fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Dec 17, 2017

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Fast Luck posted:

But Surv Aus 2 doesn't have that issue and it rules

Thanks for the tip, I'll probably check that out next :tipshat:

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Watched the final episodes... there was a lot to like, such as the emotional final immunity challenge and the final tribal with the jury where several of the jury members made an impression on me, especially Desi and Joe turning into interesting people once the million dollar game is over for them.

The Reunion show is always kind of interesting to see who changes and how, how they look on the island and vs. in hollywood (?) studio environment. It's quite common for the most handsome or prettiest individuals to look better and more charismatic on the island. I think Devon had that, and it was also noteworthy how Ashley (who was basically my favorite for most of the season) went from a charismatic, kick-rear end, awesome-looking person into this generic "yey Chrissy woman power we women have to stick together I just have to say great season for women especially and did I mention women yet because women" :tinsley:

For most of the late half of the season I wanted to get rid of Ben just like most everyone else, but I guess he kind of grew on me. Eventually I found myself rooting for him in the final immunity challenge. Would have preferred Devon to win the whole thing, but that guy is surely doing very well in life in any case no matter what. Ryan kind of reminds me of the 20-something version of myself. I also was way too skinny until I got a job and could buy my own food. I also used to do that thing where you "let" everyone else do the actual work when I was in the army. And no, it wasn't because I didn't want to "step on anyone's toes", it was just because I was so insecure that I couldn't just try simple things and get it done. Same goes for Ryan. But he's a good guy, and they should take him back to a Survivor season in a few years once he's started to eat and gently caress. And lol Chrissy, just go to your yacht with Brayden, Hayden, Brandon or whoever your kids are, with or without the million dollars. Great job in challenges obviously.

That being said, Ben's win was more or less rigged, it's just the question of how much. I think at some point he just realized that the production wants him to win and he took full advantage of that. It's not so much about search for the idol at that point, but rather tracing the steps of the production members who bury drop the idols in the ground. There's probably a whole lot of visible footsteps in the sand and other marks that the production members have left behind and not even bothered to hide because they wanted Ben to win and Ben knew that they wanted him to win. So all he needed was to think "what is the most logical place to put the idol when they want me to find it". He didn't come to survivor with the intent to use the PTSD angle, but in late game he realized that it's how he will win this thing and rolled with it.

Also lol @ Jeff's "you must be a Chrissy fan" :vince:

Bolivar fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Dec 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Yeah I don't want to start a conspiracy :goshawk: or anything, it is what it is i.e. an idol buried one inch in the sand next to a specific object. Also, it's not entirely dark when the camera man is giving him light :regd09:

• Locked thread