Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

The one hour premiere plus super idol twist made this an incredibly rushed start. My friends was first time watchers (I don't live in America) and this episode was not a good introduction. I guess a show this established doesn't really need to for most viewers but :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

A modern day Gabon~

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Ghost Island looks like CBS wanted to have a returnee season but then changed their minds at the last minute.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

This season has proven that the real Survivor gamechanger is Michele Fitzgerald because production have done everything in their power to ensure we don’t have another ‘boring’ winner.

I feel that most of this rigging controversy could have been avoided if the f4 twist was announced at the start of the game like the voting tiebreakers last season.

There seems to be a theme appearing that winners have to have some outside driving force for why they deserve to win. I think Jeff likes this because his recent interest in Survivor (aside from the crazy money of course) seems to be its ability to be a story telling medium. This season felt to me that production wanted to copy Jeremy’s second chance story of playing for Val and his family. I don’t know if this a lost in cultural difference thing but I feel Jeff repeatedly bringing up Zeke’s outing and Ben’s PTSD is horribly tone deaf.

I hope production actually listen to opinions on advantage overload but I doubt it. Some of the most popular seasons like Pearl Islands and Fans v Favourites had controversial twists so it’s not like they can’t exist but the last 2 seasons just felt saturated with them.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Returnee season with rivals. Tony and Sandra, PG and the Genre Bear, Abi and... anyone

• Locked thread