Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

They said the actuary is a hero because she's a valedictorian who quit work to have kids and then went back and quickly became like a CFO again or something.

Anyway i'll say she's my pony. Pony: Chrissy. Hopefully she plays a big game and not a generic quiet older woman game. Poison: Roark. She's gonna be smug and annoying, I hope not but I can feel it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Codependent Poster posted:

Let's see, I can play this idol and get someone who I know for sure will have my back the rest of the way, or I can just sit back and wait to be the next one picked off. HMMMM
Y'all are way too hard on her for not using that idol. It was a unanimous vote, and if she sticks her neck out to save Katrina she pisses off the rest of the tribe and is down 3-2. It would've been pretty bad. As it stands, with Ashley still in the game, there's no way that Alan/couple thing doesn't continue to blow up. Chrissy should be fine.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

What if you keep the super idol and give to someone later on without telling them its worthless?
Best fake idol ever.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Spergatory posted:

Last night was pretty good, but for me, the bigger news is I'm about six episodes into my first watch of Survivor: Borneo and I just...

Greg. :allears:

I know he doesn't win, but god drat is he fun to watch. I've heard production hated him. Why?
Because he didn't take the game seriously. Like, Survivor wasn't a thing yet and he was just screwing around with production for his own amusement. One thing I heard is he organized one time for the entire tribe to vote out Jeff when they did the vote. I don't know if they really hated him but surely he got on their nerves sometimes when they were trying to run a proper show.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Even if she didn't want to vote Katrina I think it makes sense to let her walk. You don't want to solidify yourself as a 2 in a tribe of 3. Preseason, I was saying unless your tribe was split down the middle 3-3, the first TC idol was an invitation to overplay (or save your rear end).

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Sep 28, 2017

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Memories...
https://twitter.com/melgotserved/status/913197837395120128

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I thought Ali was in a good spot when she was bonding with Simone, consulting with Lauren, and had an irl connection with Patrick. Then I see Ryan go check in with her and they're talking about what's best for the "three" of Ryan/Devon/Ali. What a spot she's in.

Chrissy was my pony/winner pick so it's nice to see her doing well. She and Ben are set up well in that tribe like I figured they would be after Alan's kamikaze attack on JP/Ashley.

In the healers tribe Cole probably blew it by telling Joe to dig by the well instead of just walking down to the beach with him and fruitlessly digging there, although Joe might have figured it out eventually and already was suspicious of Cole having the idol anyway. It seems like Joe and Cole apparently don't have the trust necessary for that idol to bring them together, and that Joe only approached him because he'd been in the water, and now it's driving a wedge between them when both might've otherwise been safe. That tribe is pretty hard to figure out at the moment.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

AWarmBody posted:

I don't think the two of them will be true allies because Chrissy is treating lower-intelligence as an ideal ally trait.
I don't think that's true. She got that little segment where she had a check-in with everyone on her tribe, and then got a confessional about each:
Alan: too erratic
JP: too dumb
Ashley: smart but part of a pair with JP
Ben: just right

But basically she ruled out JP for being dumb, and liked that Ashley was smart and her issue there was mostly that she was attached to JP.

Then when she made her little plans with Ben she told him "we can go forward with Alan or we can go forward with Ashley" making it sound like JP wasn't really someone she was looking at working with.

Propaganda Machine posted:

I actually didn't hate Cole's move. The alternative would be to play dumb and grab the idol himself while Joe goes into the ocean and finds ... nothing. Meanwhile, Joe knows Cole saw the clue and would be naturally suspicious, especially if Cole is a bad liar. Joe clearly likes stirring poo poo up and causing chaos, so a stunt like that could have backfired on Cole big time. For now, he's tentatively okay; he just needs to keep Joe from getting spooked.
That's true but basically I think Cole was put in a worse position as soon as Joe turned his attention on him. if he hadn't helped Joe get the idol, Joe would be paranoid that Cole had the idol. He does help Joe get the idol, and Joe becomes paranoid about Cole knowing he has the idol.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

They used the working mom angle, but I think they pretty much always make up the gimmick after casting the season. They didn't like SJDS and they blamed it on trying to cast to fit the blood vs. water theme, and said in the future they'd focus on casting first and theme second. So I don't know for sure but I assume if they were coming up with a theme from a completely blank slate, they would have never landed on something with "Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers."

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Simone didn't gel with the tribe well but on top of that admittedly couldn't contribute to challenges. Patrick was enough of a goober I do think there may have been some real debate before she went home.

The interesting thing will be if they lose again if they still keep Patrick over Lauren. I think perhaps he's used up his extra life and they'll cut bait next time if he's still being a dodo.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

JP seems like pretty lovely casting. Guy can barely even verbalize thoughts.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

AWarmBody posted:

Emotionally flip out, yeah, but he seemed pretty loyal at his core. Loyal to a fault, perhaps, based on his closing confessional and how hard he took the betrayal of trust
Lauren reads as a loyal no-nonsense person to me too, though. I think the key is, like they said at TC, in a swap or merge situation, people from other tribes could decide not to work with them because Patrick is an annoying goober. Also I feel like Ali knew all along that Patrick was a dipshit from knowing him before the game.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I don't really know what to make of it. It could be nothing but a few odd word choices. It could be some loser misogynist thing. I have no idea so I'm curious to see him interact with other players and see how it goes.
Uh what exactly did he say? I thought he was just playing the self-deprecating virgin nerd part.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Codependent Poster posted:

I don't like that Joe is there but I like that Desi got spared.
If they lose another challenge she should flip on him immediately lol

her tribe was already preparing to bring the ax down on him. She can save herself without really burning any bridges, and who wants that guy as an ally for long anyway? There'll be a reshuffle or something soon anyway, they're not gonna have them compete as a three-person tribe

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, that worked out well for Ryan. He's got Ali and Chrissy seemed to fully buy into his spiel. Which I think is kind of gullible of Chrissy but good for Ryan.
She was in a dangerous spot landing on that tribe, so enthusiastically locking in with Ryan (and by extension Ali) makes her almost fully safe.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

There were 2 to 3 people in that tribe swap I legit didn't recognize. I'm still not entirely convinced this Roarke lady didn't just show up.
This kind of follows up my last post about Chrissy/Ryan, but if they do team up and bring in Ali, and they see Alan is gone over on the other tribe, they'll really want to take out a healer (Roark) so she could just be edited invisibly because she's cannon fodder. She got a lot of hype preseason because she's in the "scene" like friends with Max Dawson or whatever bullshit, but they really have given us literally nothing of her so far.

bbf2 posted:

After four episodes it seems like Cole and Jessica have had the most screentime, exposure and storyline development in total out of everyone on this season....and that's kind of crazy considering they're two of the four people who haven't actually been to tribal council this season (along with Dr. Mike and Roarke). Could mean anything, but worth keeping an eye on. Other than Tom and Ian from s10 I can't think of another pair who has so clearly been the focus of the first four episodes without going to TC.
I think they get an automatic screentime bump by having a romantic spark between them. Chrissy and to a lesser extent Ben/Ryan are the one I see getting the most love from the editors so far.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Ryan is a bitch. Never once even mentioning to Ali that he wanted to keep Chrissy, just nodding along with everything Ali said and not having the temerity to voice his own thoughts, and then stabbing her in the back. Get a backbone and speak up. She's your ally. Now that he's betrayed her he may need to vote her out, which makes keeping Chrissy more costly than it needed to be.

If he has Chrissy and JP voting with him, that's a majority, and Ali has no choice but to go with them. So just talk it out with her, see what she has to say, and if you insist on going the other way, sure she may resent you forcing your choice onto her, but it's a drat sight better than stabbing her in the back like a cowardly rat.

xbilkis posted:

I am cool with Mike having an idol, but maybe they shouldn't keep the idols in the same place on different beaches post-swap

I would be losin it if Joe was able to idol hoard effectively because of that
Seriously. It let Tai double up on idols and I don't see how it hasn't done the same thing here for Joe. I wonder if they removed the idol from the beach that Joe was entering, and put it back at the other beach. But then, the clue there has been chopped off the tree, so idk.

xbilkis posted:

Seems like one of Chrissy's tribemates should have been more forceful about making her step down, especially after the second time she messed up. She was asking if anyone else wanted to go!

Not getting a good feeling about Roark's chances based on the post-challenge confessional
The edit was screaming Roark going home after she got zero screen time all season and then suddenly showed up on our TVs tonight. Meanwhile they've been investing in Chrissy all season. If it weren't for that, I would've expected Chrissy to go home at that TC but instead I was pretty sure she'd stay.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Oct 26, 2017

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

You're both wrong, he's getting the "Holy poo poo, this is great material, can't wait to put this on the TV" edit

Like they cast an ex-marine and bamboo explodes like gunshots and he has a PTSD episode, you think they're ever not gonna package that with some nice music, all set to make Americans get a little of that bittersweet Thank You For Your Service feel?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Propaganda Machine posted:

On a strategic level Chrissy played that perfectly, but her methods were dubious at best. Her fake strategy chat with Roark was terrible and transparent. The lie she crafted was decent enough to cause concern and warrant Roark's boot, but she's going to get burned hard if she tries pulling that crap again. She's not nearly as good as she thinks she is.
Agreed. I really think the only reason she's still in the game is that she has a sweet face, which helped Ryan pick her to be the stranger he gave the idol e1. And Ryan wanting to make something out of that idol bond saved her. Seems like neither Roark nor Ali was that into her; if Ali had just been a little into her it would've been easy for her and Ryan to get on the same page.

STAC Goat posted:

Plus if her tribe does go to rocks she's probably got a 50/50 shot of getting screwed. Which is probably better than her chances of Joe not just saying "gently caress Desi, I'm not drawing rocks" and voting her out.
I think Desi would be the one to flip on Joe. Ashley and Devon had a moment last ep where they seemed to be hoping for that outcome and I can see it. Desi would have had little screentime until now because she was on the tribe that never went to tribal, and because the editors wanted to milk Joe while he lasted.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Oct 31, 2017

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The Bloop posted:

Same but also lol @ "oh it's 4 feet away and I was looking 5 feet away"

This guy is like the smartest idiot
Seriously.

blue squares posted:

once again: gently caress the editors for not showing poo poo about why that decision was made
I wanted her to stay but tbh Ali was the way more sensible boot in that spot. The editors fooled me this time since I thought JP getting some focus meant it was his goodbye episode. But basically, he's completely unthreatening and who cares if he's good at challenges, he'll never win them all and probably wouldn't win even if he did. Ali is the one that could orchestrate something against Ryan and Chrissy at some point whereas JP is basically just a free vote for them.

All the confessionals where they talked about JP having to go I was thinking to myself how dumb they were, so it makes sense it wasn't actually happening. I did catch Ryan throwing in a "maybe" or a "perhaps" or something before his "JP has got to go." He may have just been giving those confessionals because production asked him "what are the reasons to vote JP out here" and he's very obliging, winning himself extra airtime in the process.

This does transfer power away from Ryan and toward Chrissy, but that was already happening after he burned Ali like a dumbass. I feel doubly bad for Ali because it was Ryan's own wrongheaded weaselbrains that turned her into a mess he needed to clean up, but them's the breaks I guess. She could have handled that way better back at camp after the vote, even though she was totally in the right.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

If Ryan still liked Ali and if talking to JP is similar enough to talking to a slab of granite, I can see it being pretty tempting to keep Ali even if it's more dangerous. As viewers that brick wall quality makes JP look completely harmless, but as players, not getting anything back from a guy when you broach game talk also might make it hard to put too much faith in him. So I believe it might have been a difficult decision but in the end Chrissy probably made the call to keep JP. When you see a scene like Ryan telling Chrissy to go talk to Ali, I think you can sort of interpret that as him trying to give Ali a shot to win Chrissy over? Just guessing though

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Nov 2, 2017

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I'm thinking the full Heroes/Hustlers alliance is almost a lock. Ryan's preswap bestie was Devon. Devon is now very tight with Ashley, who was also on original tribes with Chrissy. Chrissy's preswap bestie was Ben. Ben now seems somewhat close with Lauren, who was also on original tribes with Ryan. Ashley was showmancing with JP, and Chrissy now has JP firmly in tow. Those people are all interconnected with each other, and not really with anyone else. (Except maybe Mike was coming in with Ben and Lauren preswap.) Anyway, it's 7-5 at least. The fun part is that the 5 has both idols that are in the game right now.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yep, Jessica. As far as the vote goes (might as well just scheme out the whole episode at this point) I think they may want to take out Joe as Ashley will be gushing about how dangerous he is, but if they're smart they'll have idol concerns. Ben should go to bat for Mike so he could be safe. They could do a kind of random Desi vote to try to miss the idols, and they could still do Joe, but I think they probably go for Cole. Could be a little interesting as Jessica knows Mike has the idol and might want him to use it, but knocking a 7-5 edge down to 6-5 doesn't quite flip the game, although it comes close... Anyway, if they do play an idol correctly, they might just go for a typical merge target like Devon or Ben (they'll probably look past JP).

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

JP sucks big time. That's not judgment on how far he could go, it could be pretty far, but Jeff is getting pissed at him in Tribals because of how much of a dud he is. We also know he said nothing at all in the Katrina tribal, while Alan was going off like crazy on him. All he ever does is sit there. I think his winner equity is zero. I think he's a big casting misfire.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It's not just about if the cast thinks a certain way, it's also about if JP deserves the benefit of the doubt. He really could just be a basically non-verbal idiot.

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, Ken was just an "old school" survivor who had a cast of "new school" players who were all gameboty. Ken didn't think that way and didn't adapt so he couldn't win their respect. He didn't really seem to do anything actively wrong
Ken seemed okay for the most part, but he almost blew the game for his entire alliance by "testing" Will when Will was the swing vote and flipping to their side. Iirc the "test" involved interrogating Will for a little while, and then telling Will's previous alliance that Will claimed to be switching sides.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah, Candice was blatantly a villain her first season and they could have easily just swapped her with someone like Danielle who was in the villains tribe for no reason. But I guess since she's a pretty blonde doctor she was a hero?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Brad over Tai isn't too clear, so I don't think even it can be included on this list. Sand Monster already said it but I think Colby taking Tina over Keith is the classic version of this blunder

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

If Lauren was truly in with the Healers, and Ben was still conflicted, convincing Ben the idol could be played for Cole or Joe himself and who knows which could spook Ben into voting Chrissy. But turns out Ben had already flipped with Lauren and they all had a plan C ready to go.

I wonder if they had to call that play in Tribal or if they were all already switched to Jess coming in. I liked Jess, cute 30yo virgin lady is a new archetype, but I don't think we need to see her again, not that it'd be the worst returnee casting or anything.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Nov 9, 2017

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Vernacular brings up a good point about whether Ben made the right choice, with he and Lauren having the power to put either side over the top.

The Healers do have some potential cracks, although I think Mike and Jessica might have been more of a pair than Jessica and Cole based on exit interviews and so on, and if that's true, the fracture isn't quite that bad... and the best move might have been for Ben and Lauren to eventually join Desi and Joe to take out the other three, but Desi and Joe weren't the people they had bonds with and Joe immediately was mad Ben was even brought in.

I think with going the way they did, they do (Ben in particular) have some useful strategy shields in Ryan and Chrissy, who might sort of Zeke their way out of the running, and who also if they do get to the end are likely beatable, Chrissy especially since she's either cold to people she doesn't plan to use, or butters them up with way too much personal stuff right before slitting their throats.

and even though I'm talking all about how Chrissy is probably going to lose and rubs people wrong, I do think she was very good casting. A mother who plays a hard-nose strategic game is pretty good, I guess Mama C fits that role but Chrissy seems to be much more of a mastermind and executioner than Mama C was.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

What the gently caress what the gently caress. Not mind safe

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Joe trolling Ben about swearing on the Marines owns so hard, and viewers are going to be so mad about it.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

Eh, Joe seems really ineffective. I keep saying this so maybe I'm just a hater but aside from working up Ben for what he admits is a sensitive subject for him he really hasn't manipulated anyone or done much in the game. The way Ashley and Chrissy were talking about him in Tribal and even Desi make it seem like he's more of a nuisance than a game threat. Desi's smart, great at the comps, and seemingly doesn't piss everyone off. So she's a bigger game threat. Joe's just better TV.
I'm really baffled by Joe in last week's episode, when the Yawa people are telling him they've got Lauren and Ben, and he's like, what the gently caress, we don't want Ben! Did Joe just prefer to be in the minority and have people around him get voted out? That seems kind of an uncharitable interpretation but I don't see what else he was hoping for. Did he think he could get Ashley and Devon?

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Fading into the background can make you a threat. Joe will flame out and isn't really a chaos threat other than idol hunting.
Idols are like one of the biggest things that can gently caress up your game when you're in power though :/

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Nov 16, 2017

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

blue squares posted:

I really don't understand what happened. Joe, Cole, Mike, and Desi voting Ben would have been 4 votes Ben and he would have been eliminated. Ben came to Mike and told him straight up that would happen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor:_Heroes_vs._Healers_vs._Hustlers#Voting_history

This season is incomprehensible from a strategy and alliance perspective because we aren't being shown crucial information
Looks like it would have been 4 Ben, 4 Desi, 2 Joe without having any Healers flipping. All 4 of the Desi votes were from the big alliance (they had the men vote for Desi: Ben, Devon, JP, Ryan). Mike and Cole mutinied to vote against Joe and then there was the random Lauren vote, making it 4-4-1-1, but the Healers never had a chance unless Mike was going to play his idol for Desi.

I figure Mike probably knew where the votes were going since he was brought in on it by Lauren and Ben. So they could have idoled out Ben and then tried to bring Lauren in, but that would still only make it 5-5. Instead he still has the idol and is bridging the gap between groups and staying safe. Probably for the best.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Spergatory posted:

Persecution is systematic discrimination. It is not the mean things that little kids say to each other at recess. If you honest-to-God think that something as silly as "redheads are liars" counts as actual discrimination, then I don't know what to say to you. You're pretty much beyond help and I wish you luck in life.
Sure, redheads are not a seriously disadvantaged minority. They'll be fine, more or less. But if you don't think Lauren was being discriminatory toward Patrick then do you even know what the word means? It was humorously bizarre to see her say that stuff and mean it, but she did.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Nov 17, 2017

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I mean i don't give a gently caress about like anti-redhead bigotry because that's mostly a joke, obviously. But it's also clear that Lauren herself, personally, is prejudiced against them for some absurd reason. To me that was a funny thing because it's so ridiculous, but it was still a bad look for her.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Seems like the first juror really doesn't like Chrissy.

quote:

SK: You mentioned that Chrissy had no interest in working with you. What is your take on Chrissy?
DW: Chrissy is one of my least favorite people in the world. These are very strong feelings, but now you've got me worked up [laughs]. Chrissy does not like women, and that's very clear, at least women who she feels threatened by. You can see back-to-back-to-back women were voted out, and Chrissy was at the helm of those decisions. She either doesn't know how to work with women or doesn't care to work with women. It might be easier to manipulate guys with her "good looks," big boobs, teeth or whatever. My take on Chrissy is she's good in this game because guys are dumb and fall for big boobs and teeth. I think Chrissy crossed the moral line in this game more than once, and for that reason I have a hard time with her as a person.

a few other excerpts

quote:

SK: What did she do to cross the line with you?
DW: It was not shown because it would've aired in my elimination episode. There was a point Chrissy swears on her kids about something she is in fact lying about. That, to me, draws the moral line. At that point, it was not something that even needed to be lied about. We all saw what went down. The fact that you're swearing on your kids' lives about something that you are actually lying about. It was something that doesn't matter because we all saw it go down. You can't even lie. It felt stupid and she had gone too far.

quote:

SK: So there's no future friendship between you and Chrissy once this is all done?
DW: It's weird, actually, because sometimes she texts me. I'm like, we're actually not friends. I don't know that she has a good read on how much I don't like her. I don't like her.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I think that kind of lie is needlessly intense and personal, and hurts people more emotionally than game-based lies, so it's arguably poor play. But Tony did it and won, and Sarah copied him and won too, although they both got some angry questions about it at FTC.

Anyway though it's funny that one of the more attractive women on the cast is bitter about Chrissy's smile and big boobs(?) and how she controls the men with her irresistible allure. Chrissy is in the back half of her 40s and Desi is a pageant queen, I think Desi just got outplayed???

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Nov 17, 2017

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Voting out Roark and Ali was kind of the situation she was put in though in that tribe. Voting out Jessica, maybe she guided it that way, but Joe had an idol and Cole was a known target (potential idol play) and Desi had immunity, so there weren't a lot of options. Doesn't really seem fair to look to draw conclusions based on those vote outs, although it is somewhat fair to note that multiple booted women have expressed that Chrissy doesn't like strong women.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Teek posted:

It made no drat sense, but seeing how the votes went, had he played the idol on Cole and if he and Joe had voted for Ben, Ben would have went home.

In that situation:

5 - Cole
3 - Ben
2 - Mike

It would have made no sense to do that, because any sensible idol split would have been 4-3 and not 5-2, so a crazy thing almost happened there.
Yeah this was my big thing, why the hell were the votes split that way. Did someone meant to vote Mike end up refusing to do it? Anyway I think knocking out Ben wouldn't have really done anything for them. They need the majority to fracture.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

When there's 3 outsiders I just can't wrap my head around an intentional 5-2 split.

STAC Goat posted:

Although its actually pretty funny that for as much as everyone fought Ben on his plan he turned out to be completely right about it. Too bad I don't think Ben has the guile to say "I told you so" without saying "I told you so."
I mean, this isn't really true, is it? They had 7 votes, they could split the numbers 4-3 on any two they wanted. I still think they should have put 4 on Joe and 3 on Cole.

STAC Goat posted:

Having a night to think it over I think the explanation that makes the most sense and that I'd totally give Mike a pass for is if he just says "I knew they were scared Cole could have an idol and they had already once skipped over the obvious targets and voted out Jessica to flush an idol, so I was worried they'd do the same thing here and vote me out expecting that if an idol was played it would be for Cole or Joe. So I just wanted to play my idol to be safe, and since I was planning to play it anyway I figured I'd just cause a little chaos and try and setup next Tribal."
This makes the most sense to me too. And then hope things crack up at f9. A very likely spot for a crack up if there's a 7 person alliance.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Nov 24, 2017

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Apparently Mike pulled out his idol before the vote and also gave Joe a fake idol.
https://twitter.com/MeddersCole/status/935299204196519936

The editors didn't want us to see this fun stuff for some reason??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

I can only imagine that if a fake idol was pulled out and they didn't show it on air it means no one bought in and it just was trated like a waste of time. But I don't know. That's weird but it doesn't really make Mike's play or anything make more sense as far as I can figure.

I'm still happy to assume Mike just felt a need to play the idol to be safe and decided to make some noise in the process and try and sew seeds and maybe cause enough chaos that someone screwed up.
It makes a lot of sense all taken together. Consider "Hey, you can't vote for me or Joe because we have idols" leaving Cole the only open target, plus both he and Joe voting for Cole. Mike just wanting to be safe is part of it, but it also adds up to them preserving both of themselves and kicking Cole to the curb to get it down to 9 where they hope there will be a move.

• Locked thread