Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Team Ben

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
I’m not sure shat Lauren’s strategy of giving up all power was exactly.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
I still can't believe Lauren offered up that she didn't have the extra vote advantage with her at tribal. Why would you not bring that?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Well this started off good.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Ben is the only person who understands this game and they all know it and hate him for it.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Zerilan posted:

Ben probably deserves to win for actually bothering to keep hunting idols, but having the game be based around idols continually bring recycled this late is just boring as poo poo

I like it because otherwise you get into boring Pagongings.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

DurosKlav posted:

It would be if they put any sort of effort into hiding the drat things. Make some loving multi step clue finding involved.

Didn’t they do that earlier this season? Not sure why they made it easier post merge but whatever.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Smart move now is get rid of Devin so I’m sure they vote out mike.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

xbilkis posted:

Because it all came about because a guy found an idol buried one inch deep under a clear marking at their camp

That nobody else found.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

DurosKlav posted:

I doubt it was that blatant but they really did not put a whole lot of effort into hiding it.

They’ve all had a completely out of place logo where it was, but you still have to find it.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
These audience members are cringeworthy.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

sportsgenius86 posted:

Devon’s gotta win at this point. Chrissy was a condescending rear end to everyone and Ryan was nothing more than her minion.

It’s a pretty bad final three if Ben is out but I think Chrissy should win purely for challenge dominance.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Lol

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
In what way is this an advantage for Chrissy? Lol

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
I like Ben but this is such a dog poo poo twist.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

flipoff posted:

The rigging for Ben is just comical at this point. This is by far the worst season of this show.

Oh man it’s not even close to the worst.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Ben will get every vote

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Quest For Glory II posted:

Uhh this is fishy as gently caress

Really? You don’t think a marine maybe knows how to make a fire?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

blue squares posted:

Devon will win his second season

He will lose to a returning....hmmm...let’s say, Sophie.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
I’m waiting for the twist of “everyone in the jury can still win!”

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Wtf is this tribal? Just a rap session?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
PTSD trumps mom card.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Chrissy’s husband looked like he just stepped off of his yacht.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Spergatory posted:

My mom says this seems rigged. My mom, the most casual of casuals.

Future generations might actually look back on this as the moment Survivor jumped the shark.

Survivor jumped the shark like 15 years ago when the outcasts cane back on Pearl Islands.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

CODChimera posted:

What is Chrissy going on about mums for? Guess it worked on Ashley.

Man that reunion barely talked to any of the cast, even less than usual.

Chrissy was originally on the heroes tribe, because she was a mom. That's it. Her whole persona was "mom". I think she was second place no matter whether Ben or Devon were there because she rubbed too many people the wrong way and came off as phony.

Most of the people this season were pretty bad players. Ashley mentioned to Ryan that he never once talked strategy with her. Others said Ben never talked to them. How does that even happen? You have 24 hours a day with the same people and tons of downtime, how do you not know every single detail about everyone else?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
If they had even done a "know your tribemates" trivia it would have been more rewarding than a fire making challenge.

I can't believe Devon was on board with Chrissy's idiotic plan to protect Ryan. No way in hell I'd go for that instead of convincing her that everyone on the jury hated Ben and he wouldn't win. She must have known she couldn't beat Devon.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Spergatory posted:

You have no idea how much more I would respect Ben as a winner if he had clutched that final immunity. That way, he could at least say that he came through when it mattered most. But he didn't. He blew it, and then the game magically fell into his lap anyway.

I'm curious if Ben had won final immunity, who he would have done the fire challenge. Tough call, I would think Devon and Chrissy since Ryan was a goat. I think Devon may have beaten Ben, so possibly beefing that last immunity ended up being a good thing for him.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Rick posted:

I was thinking more literally gross, like having to keep watch while people go to the bathroom and poo poo like that. Or even only letting people out of your sight if they have to use the restroom or whatever sounds uncomfortable to me. And I'm not sure what the watcher is supposed to do really. Ben already has demonstrated he'll dig for an idol in front of everyone. I guess the watcher can dive in and beat him to it. Maybe that is the solution, to also look for the idol extremely hard 24/7 too. But that sure does sound like a lot of energy to spend when you have little food and immunity challenges to win.

If Ben is out looking for an idol, you go out and look too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
“I have mental problems because I experienced the horrors of war” is a completely valid reason to say why you weren’t the best socially. Certainly better than “I ran the game through this other guy, believe me” or “I am a busy mom with a good memory.”

• Locked thread