Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Punkin Spunkin posted:

it's cool, I'd feel bad taking someone's spot. it's always funny having the one autodraft anyway

anyone who wants to get in on a random free goon league just PM me or quote this post. #needmoreleagues

I really don't mind and would take a goon over a goonfriend (no offense resident)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
How do I pay?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Punkin Spunkin posted:

it's cool, I'd feel bad taking someone's spot. it's always funny having the one autodraft anyway

anyone who wants to get in on a random free goon league just PM me or quote this post. #needmoreleagues

I'll do a goon league

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

3pt and 3pt% are equally cool imo

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For S&R leagues peeps: who do you think won the draft? I like my team but with Kawhi out for an amount of time, it hurts.
Big Baller Brand looks good providing Simmons and Wiggins perform well.
Yummy Sausage probably has the best big 3.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I went into the draft with the explicit plan to not spend more than 35 on any player, and I did it 3 times :(

Still pretty happy with my team, though assists might be a rough category for me

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Green Gloves posted:

How do I pay?

I was going to be the paypal bank but if resident has like 5 friends in the league then maybe he should be the bank, what do you guys want to do?

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
Why not open a leaguesafe and just deposit in there?

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

Psikotik posted:

Free work league (8 team, 9 cat h2h), using this year as a test run to see if we want to get competitive next season for $. Almost everyone autodrafted so I just went by the rankings on the basketball monster site, had the 8th pick.

(8) Kawhi Leonard, (9) Chris Paul, (24) Myles Turner, (25) Joel Embiid, (40) Otto Porter, (41) Nikola Vucevic, (56) Danilo Gallinari, (57) Gary Harris, (72) Aaron Gordon, (73) Trevor Ariza, (88) Josh Richardson, (89) Seth Curry, (104) Dewayne Dedmon

How did I do?

Took this team and flipped Chris Paul / Danilo Gallinari for Porzingis / Cauley-Stein.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Don't worry, I only invest league funds in penny stocks that are sure things.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Green Gloves posted:

Why not open a leaguesafe and just deposit in there?

Does Leaguesafe take a cut? I made the league on their site but I'd rather just do paypal if it doesn't take a cut.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I am Timbercats

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
:rip: My fantasy team

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Very glad we didn't draft til after the Hayward injury, I hate seeing someone's season derailed like that

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008

Doltos posted:

Does Leaguesafe take a cut? I made the league on their site but I'd rather just do paypal if it doesn't take a cut.

I dont know. Some other goon fantasy leagues Ive used it before but never setup myself.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

DeimosRising posted:

Very glad we didn't draft til after the Hayward injury, I hate seeing someone's season derailed like that

Eh he wouldve been like a third round pick probably.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm really mad I took Favors of Jaylen Brown, real mad!!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

I'll do a goon league
made a new one, anyone who wants in just click
https://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/169989/invitation?key=0128c151d13ac884&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=3531db7b3f7f18a2

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

This will be Boban's year, I truly believe it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ButtWolf posted:

For S&R leagues peeps: who do you think won the draft? I like my team but with Kawhi out for an amount of time, it hurts.
Big Baller Brand looks good providing Simmons and Wiggins perform well.
Yummy Sausage probably has the best big 3.

I think a lot of the top teams have pretty sizable "what if" situations that could cement them at the top or cause them to poorly perform. You missing Kawhi, Sausage having zero depth, my team staying healthy, BBB needing a rookie and a guy who's just been a volume scorer to do well, etc.

Hopefully nobody runs away with it, but really the glory of h2h is that everyone is in it until they're mathematically eliminated.

Also: Glumslinger you have a decent team outside of Hayward and you also managed to get Brown from waivers so I'd hardly say your season is :rip:

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Here is my team. You will undoubtably notice I somehow managed to get Lebron and Lonzo Ball in the same draft :smug:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

IcePhoenix posted:

I think a lot of the top teams have pretty sizable "what if" situations that could cement them at the top or cause them to poorly perform. You missing Kawhi, Sausage having zero depth, my team staying healthy, BBB needing a rookie and a guy who's just been a volume scorer to do well, etc.

Hopefully nobody runs away with it, but really the glory of h2h is that everyone is in it until they're mathematically eliminated.

Also: Glumslinger you have a decent team outside of Hayward and you also managed to get Brown from waivers so I'd hardly say your season is :rip:

Yeah, I did well on the waiver wire yesterday, and Bron is still Bron

The real problem is that a lot of my team is made up of injury replacement starters, whose stats will go down in a few months when guys like Tony Parker or IT get healthy

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Here is my team. You will undoubtably notice I somehow managed to get Lebron and Lonzo Ball in the same draft :smug:

Pls trade me Jeremy and Kristaps and Buddy tia

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Are we throwing in $20 for the goon & friends league? Winner take all or something like $160, $60, $20 so top 3 get money? I can be the paypal bank if you guys are ok with that, but if you want a neutral party leaguesafe is probably the best bet.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'd rather do you as the paypal bank since you have all your friends in the league.I was gonna do 160/60/10/10 so the extra 10 goes to the #1 in the regular season and the third place gets the shameful 10 dollars

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

IcePhoenix posted:

It’s me. I am the Big Baller Brand.

I would tend to agree. I’m more concerned about where Bledsoe is inevitably traded, but I can’t worry about that too much. I wanted to get Brown but my waiver was just too low to stand a chance. I think the whole Tatum for $1 thing, with a potential $8 price tag as a keeper will end up working out.

Sausage’s team scares me the most with him also getting JJ with his big three. Granted if there’s any sort of injury to his big three it’s all over. It’s interesting to see teams that went in on the $70+ players because almost everyone else stopped at one (Sausage has his three then there’s another team with Harden + Westbrook), but the teams that got multiple guys in that price range aren’t hurting too bad outside of depth.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Doltos posted:

Pls trade me Jeremy and Kristaps and Buddy tia

Still want Jerry Lin?

:smith:

MOVIE MAJICK fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Oct 19, 2017

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Still want Jerry Lin?

Does he come with a functioning ACL?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I watch very little of both teams involved, but I got Gorgui Dieng in an 8-team auction draft (FG%/FT%/3PM/REB/AST/STL/BLK/Points) for $2. Marcin Gortat's still a free agent and from tonight's box score the Wizards look like they have nobody else who rebounds whatsoever. Should I pull a swap?

I could also drop Reggie Jackson, but I'm expecting him to have a pretty solid bounceback year.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Doltos posted:

Does he come with a functioning ACL?

I put him on waivers

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Who else is in the $20 league? I PM'ed Doltos & Green Gloves with my payment info. Deimos, do you have a preferred contact method since you don't have PMs?

I like the $160/$60/$10/$10 breakdown, but speak up if anyone is opposed.

Doltos
Green Gloves
Deimos + Wife
Anonymous Goons 1/2/3
me
residen'ts friends 1/2/3/4

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

resident posted:

Who else is in the $20 league? I PM'ed Doltos & Green Gloves with my payment info. Deimos, do you have a preferred contact method since you don't have PMs?

Doltos
Green Gloves
Deimos + Wife
Anonymous Goons 1/2/3
me

I'm the Thundercats, maybe you can yahoo message me?

MOVIE MAJICK fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Oct 19, 2017

resident
Dec 22, 2005

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I'm the Thundercats, maybe you can yahoo message me?

I double checked to confirm the message board on yahoo is private. I'll post it there.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

resident posted:

Doltos
Green Gloves
Deimos + Wife
Anonymous Goons 1/2/3
me

just sent mine in, breakdown looks good

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008

resident posted:

Doltos
Green Gloves
Deimos + Wife
Anonymous Goons 1/2/3
me

Paid for my team 😁

resident
Dec 22, 2005

I think the owners of the following teams still need to pay. Let me know if you think you've already paid.

The Placeholders
BoundAndGaggedBears
Timbercats
The Frozen Envelope

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Sent the money for The Frozen Envelope and will change my name to some Embiid pun soon

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

resident posted:

Doltos
Green Gloves
Deimos + Wife
Anonymous Goons 1/2/3
me

I got the email, I'll send $40 this evening.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
eyyy the free fanty league still needs more people. we've got 3 teams so far so I'm delaying the draft
click click go go, the only prize is honor, the greatest horror is shame
https://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/169989/invitation?key=0128c151d13ac884&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=3531db7b3f7f18a2

p.s. I knew I shouldn't have ignored my instinct to believe in George Hill. he's already back and at it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I'm glad I took Clarkson over Kuzma

• Locked thread