Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Let us not get into a trade insult war. What would you seriously offer for your son? Or what would you need for me to get Jeff Teague/a guard (Klay?)

This goes for other teams, I need a point guard. Plz trade with me (Timbercats)

I think very highly of Embiid right now so it'd take at least Kristaps to peel him off of me, but then again I don't even feel like trading him so you'd probably have to pay more than you're willing to get him. The only guy on your team with near value to Teague is Schroder and you need PGs, and I actually consider guys like Derozan to be worse than guys like Klay cus Klay actually gets defensive stats and nails more 3's.

I dunno, unless you want to bring Lebron, Porzingis, DeRozan, or Schroder into the mix then we don't really have a working trade here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
drat

I know it's a long season but my team f'n blows. Havn't won a week yet

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I want to find whoever's in charge of the Start Active Players button to be found and put to death for this poo poo continuously happening when I hit the button:

It's like Yahoo does it on purpose.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Doltos posted:

I want to find whoever's in charge of the Start Active Players button to be found and put to death for this poo poo continuously happening when I hit the button:

I'm fine with your second round pick sitting on the bench. Cheers, Yahoo.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

drat

I know it's a long season but my team f'n blows. Havn't won a week yet

Have you tried trading Kristaps for Marc & Elfrid :q:

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

My lord, Chris Paul gets back for a couple games and then Millsap's out for surgery. It's a good thing that Lonzo is about to ball the heck out of the rest of the season.

Even if I knew this was going to happen, I still wouldn't have traded him for that garbage offer of Taureen Prince and Kelly Oubre from last week

Katana_Warrior fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Nov 22, 2017

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Katana_Warrior posted:

My lord, Chris Paul gets back for a couple games and then Millsap's out for surgery. It's a good thing that Lonzo is about to ball the heck out of the rest of the season.

Even if I knew this was going to happen, I still wouldn't have traded him for that garbage offer of Taureen Prince and Kelly Oubre from last week

lmao I'm the one that took that garbage offer for TJ Warren and JV (glad I got rid of Jonas). And now I'm also now glad I traded you Millsap, not to rub it in :q:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
If it makes you feel better I traded away KCP and Favors for roster trash because I assumed Ntilikina wouldn't be blocked by Jarret Jack all season and BOY AM I WRONG

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Doltos posted:

It sat Paul George for me Monday and his stats alone would have me up in two more categories right now. It's my fault for not looking but I ain't using that poo poo no more

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Doltos posted:

If it makes you feel better I traded away KCP and Favors for roster trash because I assumed Ntilikina wouldn't be blocked by Jarret Jack all season and BOY AM I WRONG

What made me feel better was still managing to win FG% after trading Ingles right before he went absolutely nuts against the Nets. I resigned myself to never win that category after trading for Lonzo, but luck works in mysterious ways.

I was thinking about trading LaVine so that I could have a full roster for next week assuming Aminu comes back, but I think I might just take a few losses and wait it out. Gotta have at least one reason to watch Bulls games, right?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I missed Eric Gordon being out tonight and have Ariza on my bench :negative:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'm honestly stumped at what to do when Isiah Thomas comes back, in my money league I've got him stashed on IR and Lillard, Dragic, Dennis Smith Jr., Reggie Jackson, and now Lonzo Ball on the main roster. No idea who I should be trying to trade there.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

Katana_Warrior posted:

What made me feel better was still managing to win FG% after trading Ingles right before he went absolutely nuts against the Nets. I resigned myself to never win that category after trading for Lonzo, but luck works in mysterious ways.

I was thinking about trading LaVine so that I could have a full roster for next week assuming Aminu comes back, but I think I might just take a few losses and wait it out. Gotta have at least one reason to watch Bulls games, right?

I had been meaning to stash Aminu for like four days but couldn’t figure out who to drop. Then Monroe came off IL and made it even more complicated. Then you swooped in :argh:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm honestly stumped at what to do when Isiah Thomas comes back, in my money league I've got him stashed on IR and Lillard, Dragic, Dennis Smith Jr., Reggie Jackson, and now Lonzo Ball on the main roster. No idea who I should be trying to trade there.

It's a pretty easy answer, just cut or trade DSJ or Lonzo depending on your league. It's easy to get infatuated with young flashy rookies but at the end of the day they both are poor shooters with unreliable stat lines. I almost always dump high performing rookies but then again I got Tatum this year and he's more of an established vet than a rookie.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Doltos posted:

It's a pretty easy answer, just cut or trade DSJ or Lonzo depending on your league. It's easy to get infatuated with young flashy rookies but at the end of the day they both are poor shooters with unreliable stat lines. I almost always dump high performing rookies but then again I got Tatum this year and he's more of an established vet than a rookie.

Rookies also almost always bottom out at the end of the year, odds are they both suck out loud in March.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
In the spirit of thanksgiving, what waiver pickups are you guys thankful for?

I am quite thankful for Kyle Anderson, who is turning into James Johnson-lite, and who also seems to be taking Rudy Gay's minutes so I dont have to worry about Kawii's return

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I haven't really done the waiver wire much this year but ZBo has been a pleasant addition and Trevor Booker might be a cheap source of rebounds. Also shout out to Demarre Carroll for enabling the Jeff Teague trade for me.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Did my post remind you of a waiver guy you wanted to pickup Doltos? Anyways I'm quite happy with this trade especially since I'm punting TOs and now you get your son back :)

Drummond turns the ball over a lot for a giant man. Is it his passing?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Kinda also I was thinking about how much I love my son

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I am quite thankful for Kyle Anderson, who is turning into James Johnson-lite, and who also seems to be taking Rudy Gay's minutes so I dont have to worry about Kawii's return

Definitely glad that I was able to pick up Sabonis and French Frank for later trades. I really thought Sabonis was going to regress hard after he had those first few games of insane field goal efficiency, but he has still been able to deliver some good numbers even with sharing the court with Myles. Courtney Lee really took off after I picked him up at the end of October. If Kawhi doesn't come back soon I can't see me playing the wavier wire game for a while now though.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Post-Gobert injury Rodney Hood's swung me from below average in 3s to beating the #1 3-shooting team in our league head-to-head. That dude's torching it, and his usage is really pleasant to watch compared to the previous guys in that roster slot, Gorgui Dieng/Marcin Gortat/Trevor Ariza who all would disappear for like entire quarters.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Power of Pecota posted:

Post-Gobert injury Rodney Hood's swung me from below average in 3s to beating the #1 3-shooting team in our league head-to-head. That dude's torching it, and his usage is really pleasant to watch compared to the previous guys in that roster slot, Gorgui Dieng/Marcin Gortat/Trevor Ariza who all would disappear for like entire quarters.

Having Joe Ingles shooting like 75% on 3's is nice af too.

Also Drummond would have a 26/22 game right when I trade him

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Doltos posted:

Yeah but dont you get to keep those stats?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Yeah but dont you get to keep those stats?

Of course but I'm saying Drummonds suddenly going to transcend isn't he

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Naturally, with my fantasy leadership and positive vibes

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
in retrospect I should've figured joining like 11 fantasy leagues would result in me losing interest in updating rosters by week 7

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Doltos posted:

I'm so annoyed you traded him to someone else :mad:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

A little over 24 hours after that being thankful for Rodney Hood post, he's questionable with ankle soreness and I'm hovering over Austin Rivers and 2017 Kenneth Faried.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

drat Mojack, do you have injury premonitions or something?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Katana_Warrior posted:

drat Mojack, do you have injury premonitions or something?

I just got home did my son get hurt??

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Oh phew he did but the x-rays are already negative

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Triple post to say that new league rule no trading with Majick he knows ahead of time who will be hurt and It's unfair to use that power for evil

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
:smuggo:

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
gently caress Buddy Heild

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Greetings fellow Anthony Davis drafters who are making GBS threads themselves for the second time this year.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Any wise Anthony Davis owner probably picked at the end of the first and could have had DeMarcus Cousins too thus assuring a constant flow of Pelicans

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
This is my first year seriously playing fantasy ball and its turned me into a sick motherfucker who gets a bit excited for major star injuries.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

This is my first year seriously playing fantasy ball and its turned me into a sick motherfucker who gets a bit excited for major star injuries.

I should ban you for wishing injury upon my son and only heir but we all do it. Also the second best part about the first year of fantasy basketball is slowly realizing all the random guys who are incredibly valuable in 9 cat settings.

Like you'll have a guy like Ben Simmons on your team and you'll love him to death without realizing that he's ranked 60th in the league in 9 cat due to his lack of 3's, poor FT%, and high turnover rate, and guys like Thaddeus Young and Courtney Lee of all people are technically out performing him. The first year in a goon league I was like 11th place even though I drafted all triple double guys because I didn't know how valuable filling up every category was.

Edit: Seriously look at these rankings it's insane sometimes who's considered valuable in 9 cat https://basketballmonster.com/PlayerRankings.aspx

Doltos fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Dec 5, 2017

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Doltos posted:

Edit: Seriously look at these rankings it's insane sometimes who's considered valuable in 9 cat https://basketballmonster.com/PlayerRankings.aspx

That site rules, I've never seen something that re-values stuff after inputting a category you're punting. That's the first thing that's given me an accurate reading on how valuable Dwight Howard's been for me on my team that collectively blows at free throws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Power of Pecota posted:

That site rules, I've never seen something that re-values stuff after inputting a category you're punting. That's the first thing that's given me an accurate reading on how valuable Dwight Howard's been for me on my team that collectively blows at free throws.

Yep I punt turnovers, FG% and FT%s and Dwights been returning 4th round value for me all year. I have 6 players in the top 5 using this model and a bunch more hovering before the top 100 which means theoretically I should grind out 6-3 wins all year which is sorta happening.

• Locked thread