Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
If anyone would be down for a $20 goon league I can start one up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Any of you guys want to get together and do a $20 league? We can set it up for Tuesday or something.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Alright guys the great $20 goon league is up

https://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/153685/invitation?key=035fd45fab5934e1&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=86057619535a39ec

Settings are 12 teams H2H 9 cat with FG%, 3P%, FT%, Points, Assists, Rebounds, Steals, Blocks, and Turnovers. I kinda want to do a 10th cat for double doubles but I'll leave that up to a vote.

Draft is set for Tuesday, October 17th at 9:30 pm EDT. That can also be up to a vote as we get more people in.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

DeimosRising posted:

Can't sign up from work but I'm very down. Actually since this is snake I bet my wife will want to play too if that's acceptable to you

Let's try to fill up goons first, if the time comes and we don't fill up she can join of course

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
As long as we fill up I'm ok with whoever joins.

We'll need a bank and for everyone who's signed up to post their names and emails like we did for the great $20 baseball league

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Doltos posted:

Alright guys the great $20 goon league is up

https://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/153685/invitation?key=035fd45fab5934e1&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=86057619535a39ec

Settings are 12 teams H2H 9 cat with FG%, 3P%, FT%, Points, Assists, Rebounds, Steals, Blocks, and Turnovers. I kinda want to do a 10th cat for double doubles but I'll leave that up to a vote.

Draft is set for Tuesday, October 17th at 9:30 pm EDT. That can also be up to a vote as we get more people in.

Still need 8 more people by tomorrow for this or we'll have to move the draft/axe the league

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Theres no password right? I think you just need the link.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Green Gloves posted:

Any spots left in the Doltos league?

5 of 12 currently, not sure how many everyones bringing in from Deimos and Resident

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Right, they're just wildcard spots

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
One spot left drafts tonight!!

First come first serve!!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Oops I forgot about that and agree

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

resident posted:

Looks like the questions of 3pt% for 3pt made as a scoring category came up. I'd prefer 3pt made. I'm also wondering if we should change the season to be 21 weeks instead of 23 weeks. I feel like the playoffs always become a total random crapshoot with the number of players that get shutdown the last 2 weeks.

Earliest I can do is weeks 21 through 23 as the playoffs with 8 teams in, I can change that to 6 if we want to reward byes.

I initially had it to 3 points made then changed it to percent to keep certain guys from being auto wins for that category but ill change it back for now.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Punkin Spunkin posted:

now that that's filled up I wouldn't mind making another yahoo fantasy goon league if anyone's interested. need more leagues more drafts

If you still want a spot in my league we can kick the guy who's going to be autodrafting

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Punkin Spunkin posted:

it's cool, I'd feel bad taking someone's spot. it's always funny having the one autodraft anyway

anyone who wants to get in on a random free goon league just PM me or quote this post. #needmoreleagues

I really don't mind and would take a goon over a goonfriend (no offense resident)

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Green Gloves posted:

How do I pay?

I was going to be the paypal bank but if resident has like 5 friends in the league then maybe he should be the bank, what do you guys want to do?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Green Gloves posted:

Why not open a leaguesafe and just deposit in there?

Does Leaguesafe take a cut? I made the league on their site but I'd rather just do paypal if it doesn't take a cut.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm really mad I took Favors of Jaylen Brown, real mad!!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Here is my team. You will undoubtably notice I somehow managed to get Lebron and Lonzo Ball in the same draft :smug:

Pls trade me Jeremy and Kristaps and Buddy tia

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'd rather do you as the paypal bank since you have all your friends in the league.I was gonna do 160/60/10/10 so the extra 10 goes to the #1 in the regular season and the third place gets the shameful 10 dollars

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Still want Jerry Lin?

Does he come with a functioning ACL?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Sent the money for The Frozen Envelope and will change my name to some Embiid pun soon

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Happy I got Lebron with that tenth pick now :)

I was really torn between Lebron and Harden at 5 and leaned towards Harden because he'll be there later in the season while Lebron will be getting random rest.

Our first round was kind of weird. Still can't believe the Giannas - KAT one/two combo. They'll both be monsters, but I kinda think you need a 3 point shooter or a defensive stalwart superstar in 9 cat leagues. Giannas will be fine even though he doesn't shoot 3's but KAT doesn't shoot enough 3's or get enough assists/defensive stats to make up for a Lebron/Durant/Harden production

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

DeimosRising posted:

He's going to play more minutes cause he's gonna play more games. There will be weeks where Durant and Lebron are sitting or half assing as their teams cruise to a top 2 seed and Towns is playing 35 minutes in 3 different games. Tanking a week cause old men on good teams get rest days and rest minutes can be a big deal. Reliability is a major factor

I can see the argument, plus KAT might suddenly become a lot better at getting those steals and blocks that separate big men into the elite category. He's still incredibly raw and has so much more room to grow even though he's already a 25/10 guy in the NBA as a center. I still would have went Harden or Westbrook at 2 if you're worried about people getting benched though.

Either way it's not that egregious. The original issue was that Movie Majick got Lebron with the 10th pick which definitely shouldn't have happened. I love Jokic and Davis but Lebron's much more valuable and reliable than both of them in 9 cat. Same could be said about Chris Paul now that he's getting a bit on the old side. Steph/Harden/Westbrook are all preference if you want more assists than what Lebron can bring or a guaranteed win in the 3pt made category. Durant/Giannis/Lebron just get so many points, assists, rebounds, 3's, blocks, and steals that they're like guaranteed playoff appearance guys if you take them.

Also this was a super stacked draft this year and any one of Cp3, Cousins, Davis, Leonard, Jokic, Kyrie, John Wall, or even fringe guys like Butler, Rudy, Whiteside, Kemba, Conley, or Paul George coulda snuck into the first round. It feels like every superstar can hit 3's and get steals now, even the centers.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Offering up rebounds looking for assists or 3's

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
What would you want for him? I'm a little hesitant about his role in the TWolves offense...

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I was gonna do more but the waiver wire is so incredibly thin as it is...

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Some cold rear end starts from my peripheral players (and my retarded Lonzo Ball pick) have left me out of the gate 1-8

Ill trade you for Ball if you want to unload the retard pick

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Send me an offer I cant refuse

Im guessing theres no way I'm getting my son KP from you is there

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I don't blame you, that trade was complete trade rape to the point where I want to veto it but I can't because I'm just jealous of a job well done

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Daily reminder that Lebron went 10th in our league

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

DC Murderverse posted:

i correctly picked the Greek Freak first so don't look at me

drat you for being smart. I really thought our draft woulda been like Westbrook - Lebron - Harden - Durant - Curry/Cousins - and then me getting Giannis. I had my entire draft planned around landing Giannis/Embiid and then nothing but 3's.

I'm still ok with Harden over Lebron since I get more reliable 3's, assists, and playing time, plus he gets steals and blocks, but drat I'd probably change my pick right now if I could.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Any of you slow starters willing to part with a gooder player for multiple good players

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Katana_Warrior posted:

Interested in Kevin Love or Deandre Jordan?

I can take DJ off your hands since I'm obviously punting FTs

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I really want 3s or assists in the great 20 dollar league! Do not take my Dwight Howard trades for face value im just sending feeler offers!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

You are beating me in threes though.

It's totally random. My team is 90% centers and power forwards and I really need to either swap one or be resigned to winning rebounds by 60+ rebounds every week.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

DeimosRising posted:

I keep winning threes despite having no scoring and I may pull the legendary win while losing points rebounds and assists maneuver this week so take a look at the ole roster

Im interested in Khris Middleton or Jeff Teague if you want to do a high value trade

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Homestar Runner posted:

dude has offered me Rubio, Tyreke Evans and Lonzo Ball in exchange for my DeMar DeRozan

thoughts?

Jam the ever living gently caress out of that depending on how many categories you have and who's on your bench.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Yeah you're exactly right. I mean obviously you want a guy who can do everything and fill every category but that trade only works out if Lonzo and Tyreke are taking spots from guys who would be fringe roster trash like what's going on in our league.

Speaking of which I'm really conflicted about that trade offer. Are you dead set on Drummond?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Homestar Runner posted:

this is my roster

I think hold off. Lonzo and Tyreke are a wash vs a random smattering of Ingram, Tatum, and Mitchell. Like Lonzo's super underrated in 9 cat because of all the steals, blocks, and high assists and rebounds, but you're in a points league and a small one at that. Your teams already absolutely stacked and should just hold strong because I dunno how you get better besides doing some menial, non super-star trades.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Just lost my last matchup by 2 assists and 1 steal :(

You were winning all week too AND I should have taken steals off of you if Melo actually played and Sabonis didn't go off on Sunday. I love Sunday massacres.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Fast Luck posted:

Lonzo kills you in a 9cat because he makes you lose fg% and hurts your FTs. I figure in a points league (why do these exist, they're poo poo by comparison) Lonzo might actually be better?

I hate trying to win FG% and FT% because it really is a crapshoot. Same with turnovers, especially if you get a bunch of high volume guys that fill other stat categories. But you're right, Lonzo might actually be better in points league than 9 cat because of the downsides. I just love guys who can fill steals and blocks alongside assists and rebounds. Plus Lonzos averaging a block a game so far.

• Locked thread