Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Ammanas posted:

does lokhir have a squid face under his helmet-mask or a normal stupid dark elf face

Listen,

you don't become the Kraken Lord if you don't have a Kraken for a face :cthulhu:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

ad090 posted:

It's up. the skull for the skull throne event is active, the black orc big boss should be available.

I picked up Battlefleet Armada Gothic II. Anything else worth getting? I already have the DoW games

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

TheHoosier posted:

I picked up Battlefleet Armada Gothic II. Anything else worth getting? I already have the DoW games

Mechanicus isn't bad.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

terrorist ambulance posted:

Mechanicus isn't bad.

Correction: Mechanicus is very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YirkpurLHkU

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
No patch notes for todays update? I know BOBB hero is added but be nice to see if any of the buggs got fixed.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Black Orc Big Bosses are kinda weird?

Decent items with one that gives a melee attack aura and one that buffs armor and defense when under 50% HP. Only has access to a Boar mount (RIP Greenskin flying goon squad dreams). Good stats hampered by fairly low AP values.

His big thing seems to be two decent/good active abilities. One gives +16 leadership and the other is an AOE that gives immunity to psychology.

So generally he mostly seems to be Azhag lite more than anything with the buffs and obvious lack of Death Magic. He's also pretty expensive.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

terrorist ambulance posted:

Mechanicus isn't bad.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Correction: Mechanicus is very good.

It's going to depend on what you want out of the game. The enemy variety is essentially nonexistent, the tactical options are incredibly shallow, and almost every mission is just "kill all enemies" even the ones that start off with a different objective.
But it's also pretty cool. If you're here for a warhammer game about super badass techpriests using op weapons to blow up necrons, the game has you covered. It honestly feels more like turn based Dynasty Warriors than XCOM. Once you get a few levels under your belt, your choices are more "which of my stupidly OP characters should handle this enemy" instead of "how can I survive the onslaught to achieve my objective and not waste too many resources"

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Zore posted:

Black Orc Big Bosses are kinda weird?

Decent items with one that gives a melee attack aura and one that buffs armor and defense when under 50% HP. Only has access to a Boar mount (RIP Greenskin flying goon squad dreams). Good stats hampered by fairly low AP values.

His big thing seems to be two decent/good active abilities. One gives +16 leadership and the other is an AOE that gives immunity to psychology.

So generally he mostly seems to be Azhag lite more than anything with the buffs and obvious lack of Death Magic. He's also pretty expensive.

lame

also he should be a foot lord only, i wont have black orcs riding things

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Ammanas posted:

lame

also he should be a foot lord only, i wont have black orcs riding things

Savage Black Orc Boar Boy Biggun Rider Boss

Nob.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

ad090 posted:

Looks like the Black Orc Big Boss is incoming, possibly even today. Whole bunch of stuff got datamined that's tagged for release and there was a new update today for the game.

Im preemptively hooting and hollering!

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So I take it the BOBB is a defensive/buffy hero kind of like Dark Elf Masters? It'll be nice to have a bit more beefcake on the greenskin hero side. It seemed weird they only really had an assassin and caster type hero.

I still wish we'd get Savage Orc / Orc Shaman lords. Big Waagh is so good and it doesn't get used nearly enough.

Edit: ^^^^^ :flaccid:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

DeathSandwich posted:

So I take it the BOBB is a defensive/buffy hero kind of like Dark Elf Masters? It'll be nice to have a bit more beefcake on the greenskin hero side. It seemed weird they only really had an assassin and caster type hero.

I still wish we'd get Savage Orc / Orc Shaman lords. Big Waagh is so good and it doesn't get used nearly enough.

Edit: ^^^^^ :flaccid:

Yeah. Big Waaagh just has so many useful spells. Massive buffs, great damage, all around fantastic.

Has anyone gotten the Arachnarok Spider shrine mount for the goblin shaman lord yet? Is it any good?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I still don't understand why they have workshop warbosses that give bonuses to specific units rather than just overhauling the skill trees for the regular lords. Why not give the Boar or Spider bonuses to warbosses or goblin bosses rather than gating them behind a single custom lord?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Currently eyeing both TW1 and TW2 with the Steam sale going on. Are there any DLCs that are good enough to be considered "core" to the gameplay experience rather than a neat addition?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Pyrolocutus posted:

Currently eyeing both TW1 and TW2 with the Steam sale going on. Are there any DLCs that are good enough to be considered "core" to the gameplay experience rather than a neat addition?
I own every DLC save Beastmen and Wood Elves and would recommend them all.

Edit: Norsca over Chaos though if that's your inclination. I got Chaos as a pre-order bonus for WH1 and they were my first campaign, and easily the worst 200+ turns I've played in the game even when it was immature. That's not to say they're bad; they're just an exercise in squeegeeing your way across the campaign and battle maps with not much excitement.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 20:25 on May 28, 2020

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Yeah. Big Waaagh just has so many useful spells. Massive buffs, great damage, all around fantastic.

Has anyone gotten the Arachnarok Spider shrine mount for the goblin shaman lord yet? Is it any good?

Far as I can tell it’s pretty good. Got the old 150 armor that the Arachnarok’s used to have, gives a Winds of magic and spell cool down reduction to the Shaman.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Pyrolocutus posted:

The only one I would say is absolutely necessary is The Prophet and The Warlock if you want to play Skaven (mutant rat people with WW1 era technology)

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Pyrolocutus posted:

The only "must haves" imo are the skaven and orc Lord packs, those factions kinda suck without the DLC units. Everyone else is good with the base game stuff.

e: prophet and warlock and shadow and blade (in that order) for skaven, warden and paunch for orcs

e2: wood elves aren't nearly as bad as some people say in campaign (and they're still extremely good in MP) but they're not stand-out unless they really strike your fancy, chaos and beastmen are pretty bad now, norsca, tomb kings, and coast are all quite good.

TK >>> Coast tho :colbert:

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 20:23 on May 28, 2020

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Pyrolocutus posted:

The cheat method to dlcs is pick your favorite race and buy everything. For the race packs sight unseen tomb kings and vampire counts are both very good. I own everything and like Shumagorath said, everything but Chaos, Beastmen, and Wood Elves is very worth it if you fancy yourself playing that faction.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Having a lot more fun in my previous-patch Ikit Claw campaign with that "no walls" mod going. Actually get to fight battles!

I allied Count Noctalus and we're just rolling through the elf island dunking on Tyrion. Next up the sexy lady elf and then woo short campaign victory!

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
Black Orc Big Boss in campaign is a bit lacklustre. Just a generic fighty tree and an innate passive that gives immune to psych in an area. They can take boar mounts and have the Training hero ability. They look cool, and are strong in a fight, but not very interesting

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Sounds good - I was interested in Chaos/Beastmen but I think I'll try my hand at Dworfs/Norsca first and grab the Norsca DLC in addition to the base games. Maybe also the vampire pirates because that sounds hilarious. I'm sure there will be other sales if I want to expand!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
My black Orc big bosses aren't spawning in the recruitment pool. It says I should be able to support eleven of them but there's none to recruit.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Ok I restarted my noctilus campaign minus coop corruption and region trading, and it fixed everything. I didn’t even realize since I’d never played it before, but one of those mods had also stopped events from starting so I wasn’t getting treasure maps or quests ><. Probably coop corruption is to blame since it’s out of date?

E lol it also had broken the infamy mechanic

E2: and régiments of renown and pieces of eight. Basically everything I guess. I was already enjoying the campaign but this is so much more stuff!

E3: whaaaat this campaign is so cool

tildes fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 28, 2020

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Pyrolocutus posted:

Sounds good - I was interested in Chaos/Beastmen but I think I'll try my hand at Dworfs/Norsca first and grab the Norsca DLC in addition to the base games. Maybe also the vampire pirates because that sounds hilarious. I'm sure there will be other sales if I want to expand!

Yeah the summer sale should be in a month or maybe a little longer, so definitely don't feel like you need to pick everything up now.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Pyrolocutus posted:

For TW1 :
Norsca is really, *really* good.
King & Warlord is also very good, both lords have a very unique gameplay style compared to their main faction (though Skarsnik now has a similar one to Grom of course - he's still good people though)
Grim & Grave is.. eh. Pretty generic, some nice units but the lords are both forgettable.
Beastmen is bland and bad - "what if orcs, but not fun ?" it seems to ask.
Wood Elves are finicky and weird and a lot of the design hasn't aged well ; but their gameplay is pretty different, lots of hit 'n run
Forget Chaos. Chaos is absolute dogshit. Just watch Sigvald's speeches on YouTube, they're the one shining light in the pile of garbo.

For TW2 :
Tomb Kings rule. Vampirates rule, but harder (sorry, Settra).
Shadow & Blade is probably the better lord DLC in term of balance, both lords are good.
Hunter & Beast ; Prophet & Warlock are good on the whole, but in both cases it's because one lord is super fun and the other is very meh. I don't know that I'd ever go back to playing ratling-less skaven though. Those green hoses of "gently caress all of you" are *so* satisfying to use.
Queen & Crone... Not sure, I haven't really played with either since picking it up. My general impression is that the Witch Elf lady is different enough to warrant a buy while Alarielle is pretty generic ?
Warden & Paunch, haven't played either lord yet but I hear it's pretty darn good esp. if you like gobbos.

Kobal2 fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 28, 2020

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Beastmen are more interesting than Chaos Warriors, being a stealthy horde, but I’ve heard that most of their units aren’t really good or uniquely useful besides Minotaurs. Their campaigns suffer from the changes to the settlement system made in the second game, where anyone can take any settlement but take penalties for unsuitable climates.

I think the wood elf roster is pretty much complete, but they suffer from only being able to be played on the huge Mortal Empires map. They have the same small starting forest area as the first game, but now have to travel much farther and with only dinky outposts outside their forests to support their armies in order to win.

Norsca was created close to game 2, so it fits pretty well in the new systems. Tomb Kings and Vampirates in game 2 are both cool and good.

You can of course go back to the first game to play a campaign with those first three dlc races, but none of the cool new systems of QoL changes were put in there either, so you have to deal with the cumbersome mechanics of heroes on the campaign map.

Question that isn’t relevant to me, but might be to someone: Say I own game 2 and then buy Hunter and the Beast and/or Warden and the Paunch. If I don’t care about playing Mortal armories, can I still buy the Grim and the Grave and/or King and the Warlock?

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 21:21 on May 28, 2020

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009
My commiserations. By the time i remembered to launch that battle I had four dragons, four dragon prince cavalry and a shitload of bows

Neuronyx
Dec 8, 2016

Thanks for feeding my fascination for the setting by the way guys, I really appreciate it, you guys are cool and fun.

Ignore the tentacles, those were always there.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Kaza42 posted:

Black Orc Big Boss in campaign is a bit lacklustre. Just a generic fighty tree and an innate passive that gives immune to psych in an area. They can take boar mounts and have the Training hero ability. They look cool, and are strong in a fight, but not very interesting

Tbf as Azhag this is kinda exactly what I want in a Hero. I sure don't need or want the River Hag.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Captain Oblivious posted:

Tbf as Azhag this is kinda exactly what I want in a Hero. I sure don't need or want the River Hag.

You sure do, as one of the only sources of replenishment in the roster, you want one in every army. That you can double up on Spirit Leech to nuke baddies twice as fast is just gravy.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Alarielle is a really powerful defensive caster lord, she gets access to the passive map wide buffs of three lores, meaning you can cast an Earthblood that adds regen, leadership, psych immune and damage reduction. She gets a Great Eagle to fly on(at least) and is a decent combatant (outclassed by good or better.) Her start is a good road to Sword of Khaine but..

Defender of Ulthuan sucks. It's an anchor around your neck until you thoroughly smother all adjacent aggressor factions in the crib. All of them while the usual 1-2 faction strength of Morathi and Malekith are invading you nonstop. She also gets access to good wood elf treant units but in only one settlement which is behind the accursed four turn delay Gates of Ulthuan. If you try to split duties by going alliances with Tyrion you'll be responsible for every single AI stupidity war he declares. I'm talking I had four Eshin stacks sail into southern Ulthuan in a Vortex campaign and I had to go babysit the big idiots land while he's sailing to Naggarond. There's a reason fan art gives her the fanon of a glass eyed wolf in sheep's clothing waiting for her next Druchi style recreational murder vacation. Hellebron is your rival so every single blood crusade and her own doomstacks will also be rushing northern Ulthuan.

She also has some anti chaos corruption mechanic that you almost have to self sabotage to actually see. Her gimmick of blessing provinces she visits is actually pretty drat good. Shes almost great but not quite. However Sisters of Averlorn are firmly in the broken no fun allowed flat upgrade tier so 10/10 good HE lord. Realistically 7/10 good Lord cool idea but God drat your mileage may vary.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 28, 2020

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Cynic Jester posted:

You sure do, as one of the only sources of replenishment in the roster, you want one in every army. That you can double up on Spirit Leech to nuke baddies twice as fast is just gravy.

Ah right I always forget about the replenishment because they're so unremarkable otherwise. :effort:

Speaking of unexciting

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Well yeah

It's an arachnarok spider. Turns your soft squishy caster into a giant monster

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Pyrolocutus posted:

To be honest all the DLC's are good, but if you are fan of orcs you basically need those DLC's or else the orc faction will feel very incomplete. The tomb kings are their own DLC and they are a good faction too

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Regarding DLC purchases, will buying the DLC for e.g. Alarielle allow me to confederate her when playing other HE factions or are major factions barred from confederation?

I'm still working through vanilla words, but if conderations are locked by DLC that might be a good enough reason for me to buy at those for the faction I want to play even if I don't really the new units.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
It reduces the cooldown on spells so in addition to making your caster a monster it also makes them.a better caster.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Captain Oblivious posted:

Ah right I always forget about the replenishment because they're so unremarkable otherwise. :effort:

Speaking of unexciting

She's also a pretty good melee beatstick and has regen. The Hag is a really solid unit overall.

Which is honestly part of the reason I dislike her, it pushes you to always have Death magic in your Greenskin armies instead of either of their unique Lores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
buy all the dlcs :wink: