Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Gonkish posted:

Apparently CA is aware of the weapon strength thing and is working on a fix which should be available "next week".

Hopefully it includes fixes for all the other bugs: Ranald not giving extra winds (but definitely penalizing you when you lose), the stance UI issue, the crashes, WAAAGH armies decreasing movement range (yes that's a thing) AND sometimes making armies outright disappear when the WAAAGH ends (may or may not only affect Grom's faction). There's also apparently a bug where you can recruit a lord only to have it be invisible and unmovable. The game tells you it's there, and you can technically select it thanks to the end turn button prompt, but you can't move it or interact with it in any way?

Yeah, there's bugs. Hoping they get this straightened out.

I think the WAAAGH army reducing your movement range is working as intended, cause I remember hearing about it from several previews videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUpv0t_X5VM&t=529s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Raygereio posted:

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but gently caress those dumb puzzles.
Look at this dumb poo poo. What is even supposed to be the solution? I've pasted it in Paint and rotated it around. None of them fit.:argh:

It's the third one I'm pretty sure. Fits yellow lines. But yeah I don't understand why they had to make this puzzle so much harder than the other ones.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

You can't just spam artillery all the time!

Haha hellstorm battery go brrrr

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
The puzzles are why i don't ever bother searching settlements. Never were fun. Whoever asked for them to be put in was wrong and it should have been thrown out early in development.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

TheHoosier posted:

I picked up Battlefleet Armada Gothic II. Anything else worth getting? I already have the DoW games

I just picked this up and Mechanicus.

I'll add, though - Space Marine. It's an older game, but I love it. I reinstall it every year or so and play through it again, because it's such a spectacular single player fighting game. It really captures the essence of a Space Marine slaughtering countless enemies with ridiculous overpowered weaponry.

Edit: Just thinking about the missions where you have a jet pack and a Thunder Hammer and are some ungodly combination of a Valkyrie and Zeus... perfect.

litany of gulps fucked around with this message at 18:24 on May 29, 2020

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

skaven don't have variety though, they have one build that works and then a bunch of (fun) trash.

In multiplayer? I dunno, don't play it

In singleplayer you can use everything. Ratling guns are disgusting against the AI. They shred everything. With Ikits workshop upgrades? They become straight up unfair against the AI

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 18:48 on May 29, 2020

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So I restarted my Grimgor campaign to get the Blorc Big Bosses and I went east instead. Total slaughter as I declared Waaagh on all the skaven clans in my way and now I have a huge back economy to finance lots of heavy armies for my inevitable clash with the Ordertide.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It's a shame Grimgor adds so little to his campaign. I like the immortals but that's basically it. I like him the most in the lore but in this game he is a really mediocre campaign lord

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

I've been lurking this thread for a while and bought both games and a couple of DLCs during a sale a little while ago. It's really fun! Having trouble wrapping my head around what a lot of the stats mean in regards to unit performance, but trying out all of the different varieties of units and lords is really satisfying. Something about the Skaven really draws me in and they might be my favorite faction so far. I really like the voice acting for the assassins; they sound so excited to start working.

Finished my first vortex campaign win the other day as Snikch using only assassins, gutter runners, and death runners and it was a blast. What I didn't realize though, is that the demon in the item you steal takes over Snikch and affects the game. There's a purple haze and an accompanying voice in the overworld now and Snikch gains new lines telling the demon to get out of his head when you click on his unit portrait. It's really neat! Is this a persistent effect that I'll have whenever I play Snikch from now on in different campaigns? What other factions have things like this when you finish Vortex?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Each campaign is its separate thing

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
I tried to read some end times stuff on wikis and it was just such a mess it was rough going. What was Bretonnia's role? And I guess they didn't make it through to AoS in any form?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Speaking of Vortex, is there any reason to every play Vortex over ME? I guess it'd be race specific?

Also man, near the start of my Ikit campaign f'in Tyrion the elf lord or whatever declared war on me for NO REASON, like I hadn't even eaten any elves, and start rolling around Bretonnia conquering poo poo.

I captured Lothlorian but just razing every one of his dumb towns and just nuking his dumb dragon stacks owns lol

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Speaking of Vortex, is there any reason to every play Vortex over ME? I guess it'd be race specific?

Pretty much. The Vortex Race is pretty bad, but TK, Coast, and lords from The Hunter and The Beast onward usually have good Vortex campaigns.

RVT posted:

I tried to read some end times stuff on wikis and it was just such a mess it was rough going. What was Bretonnia's role? And I guess they didn't make it through to AoS in any form?

From what I remember and this is probably wrong, Fey Enchantress was sacrificed to help resurrect Nagash, and the Green Knight was revealed as the original King of Bretonnia and then led a final Errantry War as the world went to poo poo.

They, didn't really do that much.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

it opens the new world/desert map regions up a bit more and turn times are faster.

i imagine a lot of folks kinda quit their campaigns once they've taken over their big main areas, as painting the ME map can get pretty tedious once youre sufficiently rich & powerful

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

They've taunted Brettonia fans with some ghouls equipped with halberds, fleur de lis on their terrain, and some fluff about how they think they're nobles. Basically just enough that could be interpreted that Brettonia is now just all ghouls, but not so much to say it outright.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Are there any DLC's in particular that I should be looking at with the current sale? Like stuff that's really good and should be jumped on? Also am I correct in that Warhammer 1 DLC also carries over to Warhammer 2? Any regiments or renown or other stuff I should be looking at from WH1 in particular?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Zzulu posted:

In multiplayer? I dunno, don't play it

In singleplayer you can use everything. Ratling guns are disgusting against the AI. They shred everything. With Ikits workshop upgrades? They become straight up unfair against the AI

Yep that’s why they suck!

Also re: Bretonnia, they confirmed that the lady of the lake was just a wood elf illusion and their entire history was nothing but one of the boringer elven goddesses making sure the wood elves would survive until the end times

The bret religion being a complete joke and illusion by wood elves was always hinted at but end times confirmed it! They got really hosed by end times

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 29, 2020

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

The map is much, much better if you want to play a game 2 race. It is horribly squished while the WH1 map is more or less preserved.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Yep that’s why they suck!

???

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Every battle: put ratlings in a line, make sure guard mode is on, do literally nothing else

Ikit: that, but more

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
But on harder difficulties you'll be facing multiple armies constantly. Watching your gunline shred hundreds of infantry while your flayers crash into things is glorious

There's always an optimal way to do stuff but you could easily just get a bunch of monsters and melee stuff as Skaven as well. Ratlings are abysmal for sieges as well

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I have died on this hill before when people kept talking about LM being nothing but saursu spam... but you don't actually have to do ratling gun spam. Skaven have other good ways to win battles. If you don't like the gunline strategy (and I don't either) there are other ways to play that work!

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

yikes! posted:

I have died on this hill before when people kept talking about LM being nothing but saursu spam... but you don't actually have to do ratling gun spam. Skaven have other good ways to win battles. If you don't like the gunline strategy (and I don't either) there are other ways to play that work!

Yeah. I actually thought Skaven worked perfectly well at launch to be honest.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Also re: Bretonnia, they confirmed that the lady of the lake was just a wood elf illusion and their entire history was nothing but one of the boringer elven goddesses making sure the wood elves would survive until the end times

The bret religion being a complete joke and illusion by wood elves was always hinted at but end times confirmed it! They got really hosed by end times

As a Wood Elf player, this was the most amusing thing from the End Times

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Randarkman posted:

Yeah. I actually thought Skaven worked perfectly well at launch to be honest.

I mean, at launch the gunline worked just as well, except it was a plagueline. Just roll in 6 or 8 plaguapults behind an entire army of slaverats. Fire for effect at all times. Repeat until nothing moves, slaverat or otherwise.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I mean the Bret/Wood Elf thing was so blatantly text its hard to care that the End TImes actually had the characters in the story realize it.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Yeah, only the most, uh, ardent Brettonian fan could pretend otherwise

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
The lady being fake is daft. What exactly was making bretonnian knights bullet and cannon proof, then?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Considering all the dudes who finish their personal grail quests get literal superpowers it seems a pretty fair "illusion."

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Carcer posted:

The lady being fake is daft. What exactly was making bretonnian knights bullet and cannon proof, then?

The Elven Goddess using her image to trick people?

Like no one is denying they were getting actual powers, it was just from a different source than they thought. Same with how all their male magic users just so happened to become servants in the Wood Elf court while the female ones get taught and spit back out to serve Brettonia instead of getting taught by the Lady.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

What's the most straightforward skaven faction to start with? Clan Skryre? Playing on ME

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Kobal2 posted:

I mean, at launch the gunline worked just as well, except it was a plagueline. Just roll in 6 or 8 plaguapults behind an entire army of slaverats. Fire for effect at all times. Repeat until nothing moves, slaverat or otherwise.

I didn't use alot plagueclaws in my Queek army in game 1 (I did have them, I think I fielded 1 in his army for a while, I had other armies with 1-2 though). I find spamming a single powerful unit to be a very boring way to play this game.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The elf gods are more chaotic than the chaos ones

Like jeez the asur, pre-end times are still cheerfully worshipping the literal self-described alors of Murder that their sworn enemies across the sea do, and taking slaves while they do it

And when it turns out in end times that their sworn foe for a thousand thousand years, the most hateful, malicious, and deceitful mortal being yet walking the earth, was maybe the first choice for king

They still have a civil war so huge that the noblest living champion of the Asur immediately draws the murder God’s crazy-sword and becomes scarier than Malektih

Maybe the end times elf story IS good

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 20:23 on May 29, 2020

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Slider posted:

What's the most straightforward skaven faction to start with? Clan Skryre? Playing on ME

if you like no challenge delight in abusing dumb ai and ridiculous op armies that cant lose, skyre

if you like skirmishing the dumb ai to death, eshin

if you like melee and magic and op artillery, pestilens

if you like melee and a tough campaign, queek

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Ammanas posted:

if you like no challenge delight in abusing dumb ai and ridiculous op armies that cant lose, skyre

if you like skirmishing the dumb ai to death, eshin

if you like melee and magic and op artillery, pestilens

if you like melee and a tough campaign, queek

Yeah this is accurate. Where's Rictus factor in? "Like abusing ambush spam?"

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

lmao i literally forgot tretch exists, cuz he sucks and is lame

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Carcer posted:

She's not fake, she's just an elven goddess rather than what they conceived of her as.

Most human gods that aren't Ulric and Sigmar are just mangled-in-translation elven gods in Warhammer. See also Mathlann and Manaan.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Carcer posted:

The source of their power being real, just not what the suspect it is is a cool story I think

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Yeah Tretch and Ghorst were the two weirdest additions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Captain Oblivious posted:

She's not fake, she's just an elven goddess rather than what they conceived of her as.

Most human gods that aren't Ulric and Sigmar are just mangled-in-translation elven gods in Warhammer. See also Mathlann and Manaan.

That raises the question of who the gently caress is Stromfels