Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!

Its kind of weird and dumb that the failure of the ritual to save the world sucked out the Incarnates powers, but then they just naturally got them back.

They could have portrayed the ritual as partially successful or the creation of the eight realms as an unintended beneficial side effect, but the End Times has them unambiguously portrayed as owned in every possible way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Wait, so are tyrion and teclis no longer "cursed" with brain/body problems?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012
jokes

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Wait, so are tyrion and teclis no longer "cursed" with brain/body problems?

More like a master blaster scenario

Sinteres
Mar 26, 2004
Please don't be rude, it upsets me when I'm trying to be smug

Yeah the disconnect between End Times and Age of Sigmar is pretty huge. I honestly feel like the decision to blow up the Old World is retroactively justified a bit by Age of Sigmar being pretty interesting in its own right at this point (and the Old World coming back in a presumably less static way than it was stuck in before), but the way they handled the transition was still a huge loving mess no matter how you look at it.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Age of Sigmar will have to be a lot better than it currently is to even begin justifying the ungodly mess that is End Times.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012
jokes

Lt. Lizard posted:

Age of Sigmar will have to be a lot better than it currently is to even begin justifying the ungodly mess that is End Times.

Just think back to when you played with legos and action figures or whatever, and when you were done playing you decided to blow everything up for no reason. There's the reason and justification, writ large

Sinteres
Mar 26, 2004

Lt. Lizard posted:

Yeah I'm not saying it justifies the lovely version of it we got which was so poorly managed that different books didn't even do a good job of creating a coherent continuity for it. Just that I think that shaking things up was justified, and now we might belatedly be ending up with a best of both worlds in some ways, depending on how good the new Old World ends up being. If nothing else it's adding novelty by exploring previously unexplored factions though, so that's a plus. I think the experience also helped when it came to advancing the plot in 40k in a non-destructive way.

Sinteres fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Mar 2, 2021

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Aelves

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Tyrion shoulda stayed dead, only person worse is mannfred von planetexploder

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh
one down.

i lust for battle!!!!!!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

The elves are not exactly brimming with interesting characters

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Zzulu posted:

The elves are not exactly brimming with interesting characters

Alarielle, Teclis, and Alith Anar all own. Also CA really improved Imric by just turning the smug dickhead level to even more than how GW wrote him.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

I have been designing buttplugs off of the elf hat design for years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinteres
Mar 26, 2004

Eltharion's in AoS as a living suit of armor because every time he gets a new body it dies to Arkhan's curse again. It seems pretty weird sometimes who they decided to bring back and who they decided to leave behind.