Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«350 »
Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

tarbrush posted:

It would be nice as a player to be able to release a city to another faction, or reestablish an existing one a la paradox games.

I'll admit I'd really prefer a way to demand a city from an ally rather than just betraying their asses and warring with them till they peace treaty me. Than again I am skaven so this is pretty much par for the course.

God I love skaven. I love it when the enemy encircles my skaven slaves and my warpthrowers come along and hose them down with the indifference of a man hosing the ants off their driveway. I love it when my deathrunners descend on some archer mob, I fuckin' love lobbing artillery and death magic into my own ranks without a single gently caress to give. Although I wish there was an option to make your ranged units fire regardless of obstruction. If you're between warpthrowers and infantry than I put you there for a reason.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at Feb 20, 2018 around 08:59

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

If you see my husband Mr. Gaston Ramirez please tell him I love him signed tarbrush

Motherfucker posted:

I'll admit I'd really prefer a way to demand a city from an ally rather than just betraying their asses and warring with them till they peace treaty me. Than again I am skaven so this is pretty much par for the course.

I suspect that including it as a diplomatic option would let people cheese the AI too easily.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Is ME still broken with Chaos/Dwarf spam and incorrect difficulty settings?

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ragingsheep posted:

Is ME still broken with Chaos/Dwarf spam and incorrect difficulty settings?

Dwarfs got nearly destroyed by Orcs in my current VC campaign. Chaos were a manageable number of stacks, nothing like the horror stories I've heard about. I heard difficulty settings were fixed, not but I'm not certain.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Did they change the southern Chaos stack spawns? In my earlier ME as Last Defenders they spawned in the middle of the desert, i.e. my province, completely loving me over with no armies at home. In my last TK playthrough they spawned in the sea between the continents, which was much more manageable.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Do the Chaos stacks also still beeline for the player, or actually fight along the way?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Vlex posted:

Do the Chaos stacks also still beeline for the player, or actually fight along the way?

Can't recall if CA fixed the Chaos invasion, but in case they didn't and you're not happy about that, this mod will reinstate the time-based trigger for the Chaos Invasion to happen as well as ensuring the Chaos subfactions start at war with nearly everyone and removing their laser focus on the player: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=1183083111

I was convinced it was broken earlier, but there's a window of time for the 150/200 invasion thresholds. I got the first wave at about 156 or 157, so don't fret if it doesn't seem to be working.

Third World Reggin
May 19, 2008

tarbrush posted:

It would be nice as a player to be able to release a city to another faction, or reestablish an existing one a la paradox games.

my man, have you heard about mods

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=1155808469

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Liberating is nice, especially if you mix it with the "Liberate as Vassal" mod. Still, it won't be enough until you can capture a city and just straight up give it to another faction through diplomacy instead of having to piggyback off stuff like "what to do with captured settlement" triggers and scripts.

Warhammer and Total War and all, but at a certain point I gotta admit to myself that I just want some Paradox-esque (or not even, some of these functions were in older games) diplomatic interactions in the game so I can get my pretty borders on.

Third World Reggin
May 19, 2008

The liberation part was always nice in that mod since if a faction had a leader you wanted and the faction died, you could just go create it again then confederate it later.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

tarbrush posted:

Trading territories straight up used to be in the old games and they need it now more than ever due to the province system. It sucks having to betray your forever buddies because they actually helped you out in a war and are now preventing you from getting a province edict.

Never ally your neighbors.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012
jokes

Acute Grill posted:

Trading territories straight up used to be in the old games and they need it now more than ever due to the province system. It sucks having to betray your forever buddies because they actually helped you out in a war and are now preventing you from getting a province edict.

Or when victory conditions demand you straight-up own poo poo.

"Are you sure it's not okay for my military ally Kislev, who reinforced my armies when Chaos came a-knocking and saved Altdorf from the Von Carsteins to hold on to Kislev?"

"No, you alone must own it. The Arbitrary Council has spoken."

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Acute Grill posted:

Friends? this is fuckin' warhams mate.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

It doesn't feel entirely fitting that Khatep has to pry the black pyramid out of Settra's hands and also most of his cities to win.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Iíve said it before but I wish the ME campaign goals were more focused.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Yeah, the "8 capitals minimum" requirement is the dealbreaker for me, TBH. I know you can technically get it pretty easily if the "good" factions are alive since the Shield of Civilization bonus is usually enough for a military alliance, but it kinda makes the Age of Peace mechanic obsolete that way since you might just be able to trigger the victory right as you dunk on Archaon for the final time.

If not the turn timer, then at least cut down the required number of provinces to trigger the invasion. As it stands, the Empire should practically be united and the Dwarf Holds covering the entire Badlands and the eastern mountain range just to start the first wave.

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

Thereís a Chaos invasion in ME? I never get that far before the urge to start a new campaign overwhelms me. The first thirty turns are the most fun anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Refried Noodle posted:

Thereís a Chaos invasion in ME? I never get that far before the urge to start a new campaign overwhelms me. The first thirty turns are the most fun anyway.

Yeah, they changed it to require Imperium level, so your empire has to be pretty drat big to even trigger the first wave, and then you have to keep expanding during the invasion to summon Archaon. It's really poorly done; my Empire run had me holding most of the Grey Mountains, Tilea, and the Border Princes on top of the southern and eastern half of the Empire just to pop off the first wave. Thanks heavens for modders, I guess.

«350 »