Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Again point out that your greater daemon can be defeated by a sufficiently hench doorframe.

Or maybe that's what the crab claws are for, the daemon can actually go faster sideways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
doorframes are the arch nemesis to chaos in general

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Name one thing sexier than a crab, I'll wait

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The Chad Jihad posted:

Name one thing sexier than a crab, I'll wait

A lobster.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i think the slaaneshi demons have historically been held back by the fact they refused to do anything that wasn't either 'hot babe with crab claws' or 'hideous monster with one tit'

the newer designs do a better job of the genderfluidity aspects that made nerds too uncomfortable to do before. will nerds be mad at they/them demons? probably. but i think keepers of secrets canonically use all the pronouns they want. n'kari alternates between he and she at random.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
two crabs

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
BEHOLD

The ultimate avatar of desire and excess, the chosen form of the Dark Prince;

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

the Slaaneshi Hedonite Sinsnoodlers (tm) have their rear set of legs on backwards so their tails look like big cocks

thats pretty cool

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

OwlFancier posted:

Again point out that your greater daemon can be defeated by a sufficiently hench doorframe.

It's not proper chaos unless it's self defeating in some way

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

"Join the pile!" - Warcry of Slaaneshi cultists

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition

Ethiser posted:

A lobster.

Go on.....

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

this special named keeper of secrets is cool. i hope n'kari in game 3 looks like this

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

juggalo baby coffin posted:

the Slaaneshi Hedonite Sinsnoodlers (tm) have their rear set of legs on backwards so their tails look like big cocks

thats pretty cool
"We'll get in trouble if we do a pair of horizontal tits, but if we do a gaggle of verticals we should be good, right?"

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Age of Sigmar (especially the Stormcast stuff) has a cheesy power metal album cover look.

Also this:

It's stupid but Warhammer runs on stupid so I kind of like it.

If you didn't know Age of Sigmar was made by GW you would assume it's a knock-off 40k clone.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

the four bladed axe is very stupid. it wouldn't be able to chop through anything cause the sideways blades would get in the way

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
I guess at that point it would mostly function like a lovely mace.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Oh hey there's a physical edition coming out. That's cool except:

- It's just the first game

- It includes Chaos and Beastmen

Not bad, but still.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Thanks to everyone who explained, also the art :)

Follow up question, what is the Great Horned Rat's domain? I mean, obviously Skaven, but I also read somewhere that he's meant to embody ruin and decay (and decay not in a Nurgle sense, more the deterioration of civilisations?) I'm wanting to brush up on my Skaven lore, going to play them when Old World launches.

This thread has turned me to big rule-making rats :v:

Horned Rat's Domain is ruin and decay correct. Nurgle has a twisted cycle of death and rebirth that creates horrible noxious things. The Horned Rat is more of destroying everything so utterly only the most pathetic vermin could survive in wasteland left afterwards.

But the Rat has has a bunch of issues like the fact that it is not united on anything. Here is a fun entry on him from the recent AoS RPG.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Goons they're adding more hippie elves. More. Hippie. Elves.

Does Warhams fantasy have chainsaws?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Gonkish posted:

The Albion campaign had Chainswords and Plasma Guns as "magic items" I think?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i think the slaaneshi demons have historically been held back by the fact they refused to do anything that wasn't either 'hot babe with crab claws' or 'hideous monster with one tit'

the newer designs do a better job of the genderfluidity aspects that made nerds too uncomfortable to do before. will nerds be mad at they/them demons? probably. but i think keepers of secrets canonically use all the pronouns they want. n'kari alternates between he and she at random.

"CA please do not censor my daemon tiddies" has been like a monthly thread on their official forums sense game one

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Sega 32X posted:

So, after a few successful Normal campaigns in Vortex (Krox Gar Lizard men, High Elves and Brettonia) and a pretty easy first 50 turns of an Orc campaign, I decided to move up difficulties to Hard and try Mortal Empires. And I'm getting wrecked -- first I tried Manfred and I'm in control but getting ground down in the 30s (and just not having much fun in battles). Then I tried Grombrindal the White Dwarf, who I read was the strongest Dwarf lord, and I just was continually battered by orcs from 3 directions and ultimately wiped out by a waagh around turn 40. (I have only TWW1&2 and the free DLC.)

Is Mortal Empires a lot harder than Vortex, or am I just not good enough for Hard difficulty in general?
Late to this but the difficulty ratings given to each LL in the start screen are years out of date. Dwarfs is in no way an "Easy" start now. If you do ever want to try it again, you have to play tall in The Silver Road for quite a few turns because you will get krumped from Death Pass to the south, the Badlands to the West and occasionally from Mount Gunbad to the north. You'll need to build up to a full stack fairly quickly and then recruit a second army to hold Silver Road while you use your first army to go and smash things. You can either beeline for Gunbad, which is one of the richest provinces available, or you can go south and try to take Black Crag, which is also pretty rich and will set Grimgor back pretty badly if you can take it. Wall up every single minor settlement you take, since it makes the AI much more reluctant to attack them and will give you much-needed freedom of movement.

A few random tips:

- Your defence army should usually be in ambush stance near either Pillars of Grungni or Mount Squighorn so you can bait the AI into attacking the city and the fight their stack with your stack plus the garrison
- Karaz-a-Karak has a really strong garrison and should be able to fight off most sieges by itself for a long time
- If you can raze Karag Dron early on then it will slow the greentide down a bit because they will often try to resettle it with a full stack, losing a big chunk of their troops in the process. You can then go and kick it over again and repeat the process
- As soon as you get some Oathgold, forge some cheap +melee defence stuff for your lord. You can use him to tarpit several units of Boyz or Goblins at once and then fire grudge throwers into the melee. They'll basically never hit your lord but will get hundreds of kills each.
- Thorgrim is a better tank than Grombrindal and starts with a grudge thrower. On the other hand grudge throwers are pretty easy to get, and you can make Grombrindal into a decent tank in his own right. Grombrindal also starts with Irondrakes, which take a long time for Thogrim to get and which absolutely pulverise early-game Greenskin stuff. Plus his blue line is amazing.
- Quarrelers are your friend against early-game Greenskins.

Zephro fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jul 31, 2020

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

"CA please do not censor my daemon tiddies" has been like a monthly thread on their official forums sense game one

i think thats mostly because theyre horny for daemonettes, not because of their firm commitment to genderfluid hedonism

edit: ive noticed that on the new slaanesh miniatures the demons are all referred to as they/them which is neat, i hope CA carries that over for n'kari and co

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jul 31, 2020

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

personally i think the demons should have chaos titties AND chaos penises

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

punishedkissinger posted:

personally i think the demons should have chaos titties AND chaos penises
:hai:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Bloodletters should have huge swinging dongs imo

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Zzulu posted:

Bloodletters should have huge swinging dongs imo
also the dong is a sword and they attack with it

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Gonkish posted:

Wood Elves are bloodthirsty celtic psychopaths. There are no hippies here.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Please make one of the new wood elf units go LUMBERFOOTS

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Kerillian is the standard by which I judge all Wood Elves so in my mind they're all bloodthirsty, irritable, condescending, and Scottish.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Also I'm gonna riot if Sisters of Twilight aren't one of the LLs. They are by far the coolest :colbert:

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Oh hey there's a physical edition coming out. That's cool except:

- It's just the first game

- It includes Chaos and Beastmen

Not bad, but still.

You've got to admire the audacity of releasing a physical edition that contains a 4-year old game, complete with the two most (currently) worthless DLC race packs.
I guess they could add the Blood DLC as a separate disc as well.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Xarbala posted:

Kerillian is the standard by which I judge all Wood Elves so in my mind they're all bloodthirsty, irritable, condescending, and Scottish.

so just scottish then?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Whorelord posted:

so just scottish then?

Yup.

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013

checks out.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
The wood elves are basically the Vietcong. Stay out of their forest.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Too bad they suck in forests because that means their archer units can’t hit anything.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ethiser posted:

Too bad they suck in forests because that means their archer units can’t hit anything.

athel loren is a land of contrasts

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I wouldn’t mind if they had the ability to just shoot through trees but it’s not like their archers need buffing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Ethiser posted:

In theory their missile units get bonus accuracy while standing in trees, but CA didn't think that through because it doesn't matter when the majority of their super accurate shots don't make it out of the forest.