Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007
Fanboys, ruining gaming since the 1980's
Finally got round to playing again and it needed an update. Seems to have messed up the no chaos invasion mod for my ME campaign. Anyone know of any alternatives?

I quite like my sandbox game and a chaos invasion just takes the fun out of it. Kind of hope CA make it optional in a future update.

Alternatively how difficult is the game to Mod? The previous mod just changed the invasion turn to 900 something, which does not sound particularly difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007

Mukip posted:

I go to the gym too

Christ, how long are your turn times? :suspense:

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007
Probably, the first two videos on that steam page are YouTube videos from the usual bunch trying it out.

Looks like the one, I’ve seen a bunch of times.

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007

Sinteres posted:

It seems like it's going to be in 3, to avoid the Norsca issue.

Well we do know there is 1 more DLC for Warhammer 2. So it could still be that preorder race pack or if not another Lord pack is also due.

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007

Terrible Opinions posted:

Yeah all warhams looks stupid/funny. AoS is just bad stupid/funny.

This is the "the Disney sequels and original star wars are exactly the same, you just have nostalgia" thing.

Fixed

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007
Preorder faction has been revealed.

Link

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007

ArchRanger posted:

Aren't the Tau mind controlling genocidal eugenicists now also?

Pretty sure it was mentioned in DOW Dark Crusade that the Tau castrated the human population that sided with them and that game came out in 2006.

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007
So how long after the CGI trailer, do CA usually start revealing things?

Is that kind of it for this month?

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007

Electronico6 posted:

Usually 2-3 months after the cinematic trailer. We might get some fluff lore videos until then, but don't expect anything more until like April or May.

Ah that’s disappointing.

I would also be ok for them to just focus news on that last Warhammer 2 DLC. Just anything really!

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007

Jarvisi posted:

Trying to 100% the achievements before 3 comes out. How do I get the plaguebearer one for multiplayer?

Should be easy enough, just play a match online with someone who has it. As it spreads fast, almost everyone online has it now.
If you are stuck let me know and I’ll pass it to you. :)

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007

chaleski posted:

drat I want Total War: 40k now

You know honestly, if they did a Total War: 40k and did it Epic scale (Titans/Gargents as the super big monsters?), I think it could work?

Skaven already use a large amount of range weapons and a lot of the 40k factions love to get into to close combat melee as well.

The only thing that would be busted would be diplomacy. At least with Fantasy, you can make decent alliances. Not sure how that would work in 40k space racist mode.

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007

Lord_Magmar posted:

But also Diplomacy has always been kind of bad in Total War

I guess the "gently caress the player" script in the diplomacy would work rather well in 40k :smithicide:

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

Total War: Final Fantasy

I would buy that day 1.

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007
I found some people training for Warhammer 3.
https://youtu.be/riLSFr7WRJg

Eararaldor fucked around with this message at 11:21 on May 3, 2021

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007
Well lads, we are 1 step closer.
https://youtu.be/Kdp0WSFNqi0

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

I can't believe Beastmen are getting content, at all, ever.

These are the end times.

I guess they did it, so people can stop asking for it when Warhammer 3 arrives?

I wonder what race people will nag them about now.

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007

The Chad Jihad posted:

The argument in the video is that Games Workshop forced Creative Assembly to delay to game, to coincide with the release of The Old World, which was also delayed into 2022. Which I guess seems plausible

I mean it’s a hazard of making a game based on a license. But it gives them time to polish the game anyway.

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007

Randarkman posted:

If I was making 40k Total War I'd make the Imperium in general work a little bit like the Han Empire in Three Kingdoms, a massive tottering faction, but passive and defensive. the actual playable Imperial factions would be smaller parts of that Imperium, having direct control of small parts of it and able to interact with and manipulate the Imperium itself (such as gaining direct control of Imperium-controlled systems/planets however it might end up subdivided instead of TWs regions) for benefits using their mechanics, without going to war with it, which should be severly penalized and disincentized.

On top of that they would conduct diplomacy on their own with Xenos (which would somewhat represent the lore's occasional occurences of circumstantial alliances between Imperial forces and Eldar and Tau and such) and other Imperial factions, while the Imperium itself would be permanently at war with all non-Imperial factions and freely attackable by those, though say with some type of mechanic to have this hurt a non-Imperial faction's relations with the actually active Imperial factions around, say by giving those factions events/dilemmas to go to war with or cancel any treaties with actively hostile non-Imperial factions, with say the ability to spend appropriate resources or other representations of influence/power to ignore or delay such demands.

Something like that could actually work pretty well IMO, both to represent the tottering, incredibly decentralized and bureaucratically glacial nature of the Imperium in 40k and to actually allow a place for diplomacy and such to still have a place in the game without completely disregarding the lore.

All of that and when you get near the end of the game you get a Shogun 2 style Realm Divide, except it’s the Warp splitting your empire in two.

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007
So I just discovered this mod and I feel like I need to pass it on as it’s amazing!
https://youtu.be/coK2VPx3Ej4

He’s planning to move it to Warhammer 3 as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

That's so sick, thanks for posting it. Definitely going to give it a try.
He’s clearly reused stuff from previous total war games, but it makes so much sense adding it and it works!

Honestly potentially game changing.