Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

hmm i guess the giant rat DOES make all of da rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

I like how the dark elf soldiers all do like stadium style chants as they fight

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

is there a more beautiful sight than warpfire throwers hosing down the backs of fleeing chaos chosen at night?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Total War: Warhammer 2 - Squirt musk of fear, Queek-Queek is here!

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

they really need to bring the 'on guard' buff up to 3 turns like they made it in norsca because agents are just picking away at me constantly and its so annoying

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

partyelite put up a pretty great video of some unusual tactics the skaven can pull off

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

possible hints to the freelc skaven LL and maybe skaven economy updates/changes? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFfLCuHSZ-U

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

this video has some cool tomb king hints in it if you look at either side of the bridge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXQwx1EolD8

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i'm glad to see my post about how the rats video had tomb kings easter eggs in it turned out to be so prophetic

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

pictured: skaven and tomb king alliance

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

arkhan the black has some weird looking colours in-game:

i love his hat though

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Dec 20, 2017

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

classic nagash has an interesting story

the sculptor wanted him to have a fleshy, withered face like the other mummies, but GW was like NO IT NEEDS TO BE A SKULL

so he made an insanely bad skull face and submitted it, expecting them to go 'oh well fine we'll do the mummy face'

but no, they went with the bad skull

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

I had to psychologically abuse this thread for months to get the we're the rats title and I'll be damned if it's changing

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

really great music in the latest tomb kings teaser https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYVCei33GaI

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

does anyone from CA post itt? we need to keep going with the rats until it becomes part of the game. even as just a throwaway line from a generic skaven lord when you do diplomacy with them about being the giant rat who makes all of da rules.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

LuiCypher posted:

The fact that he's not in the game yet is evidence that someone at CA hates fun.

His legendary items should be:

One Axe
Two Axe
Red Axe
Blue Axe

ive been petitioning CA since tww1 to have slambo as LL

i'm holding out hope for tww3

edit: while im here at the top of the page, CA i demand that you put the rats song into total war

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Dec 29, 2017

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i approve of CA making up all the factions they want, norsca was great

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i was having a lot of trouble winning fights as settra but this strategy video has helped me a lot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c__dFYbErxg

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

DO YOU REMEMBER, THREAD, WHEN I POSTED ABOUT HOW COOL THE VAMPIRE COAST GUYS WOULD BE AS A FACTION!?

edit: wait poo poo that was in the old thread disregard

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

does anyone Want to Talk About Legendary Lords for The Vampire Coast?

i do

so first up, already confirmed, the absolute boy luthor harkon:

he's an ancient as heck vampire, but while he was trying to ship himself in his coffin to somewhere else, freakin norscan raiders attacked the boat and looted it. unfortunately for luthor even though his aura of dark magic pretty quickly drove all the norscans insane, they crashed their boat off the coast of lustria, way way away from where luthor wanted to be. being sad and lonely he started raising up hella dead pirates (90% of pirates in warhammer drown within the first six weeks of taking up the job) and forming a kickass zombie army. being greedy as hell, he started raiding the lizardmen, who foolishly had made their cities out of delicious gold.

at some point he tried to steal the wrong lizardman artifact and it exploded his brain, making him crazy as hell, which kind of put a damper on his world domination plans as he now mostly does pirate roleplay at home.

second up: Drekla

(i could only find this picture in tiny format, luthor is on the right and drekla is on the left)

Drekla doesn't have too much back story. He's luthor's lieutenant, and he has a hook for a hand. he is apparently very stupid, despite the fact that usually vampires are pretty smart guys. but he is very loyal and a BFF to luthor. in the end times he sacrifices his life to save luthor, because he's a real bro. I don't know how likely he is to be a legendary lord, but he is one of the few named vampire coast characters and his concept is both funny and threadbare enough that I think CA could have fun with him.

third option: Noctilus

This guy I think is a strong option, primarily because look at him. He is too cool for ghoul school.

Born one Nyklaus Von Carstein, he heard about a 'skull-strewn vortex in the distant heart of the ocean' and decided that sounded so cool he wanted to go there. So he went there, and he mastered the art of TERRIFYING OCEAN MAGIC. he liked the place so much that he did a ritual so powerful it teleported him and his castle and all his friends into the heart of the vortex, THE GALLEON'S GRAVEYARD. I'm not sure how good it is to live inside a giant whirlpool, but he seems to like it. using his new magic, he raised up all the warships and the crews that had been drowned and sucked into the vortex through history, which created the dreadfleet.

also the magic changed his name to Noctilus, because you have to change your name when you get superpowers.

other fun facts about him are that he is so convinced that any meeting he attends will make him insanely angry, so he installed a special spike on his breastplate to automatically flip any table he stands up from quickly, and one of his signature units is the big construct of broken boats and corpses that we already saw in the vampire coast trailer.

option four: Skretch

This guy is kind of a more minor character, but also look at him. In life Skretch was a powerful and wealthy warlord of Clan Skurvy, but being a successful skaven he was bound to gently caress up one day. He mistook the orb of an Orb Leviathan (a giant angler fish) for being warpstone, and ordered his crew to harvest it. They All Got Ate.

Being rats, one of their main abilities in this life is eating their way out of things. So they tried. They ate the poo poo out of that orb leviathan, but unfortunately not fast enough. they mortally wounded the sea monster, but suffocated before they could get out.

Some time later, our boy Count Noctilus happened upon the dead orb leviathan and was like 'oh man it would be cool as hell for me to use my ocean man powers to raise this from the dead and then i could have a sick rear end orb leviathan to wreck up the joint', so raise it he did. unfortunately for him, he did not know about all the rats inside it, and the powerful necromatic ritual raised them too. 'ah poo poo' thought the Count, 'now i have to deal with these assholes'.

now they sail around in a boat made of the undead leviathan and bits of their old boat that it ate:

(very cool)

I think Skretch is a good option for them to pick because Skaven are very popular, and the concept of a pirate skaven who got raised into undeath by accident is very funny.

option five: Vangheist

ok so nobody really gives a poo poo about this guy. He's a pirate who was helping a wizard with a quest to find immortality, but being a dickhead he betrayed the wizard because he didn't want to share. unfortunately for him he Really hosed Up and the immortality he got was him and his crew being immortal in their jacked up dead bodies, sailing around on a ghost boat forever. he's basically the flying dutchman, kind of lame, nobody cares. but he's an option and CA might be able to do something good with him

option six: Aranessa Saltspite

This cool pirate queen also doesn't have much of a backstory. She's got kind of a multiple choice origin story where it's all rumours. she might be the daughter of the sea god, she might be a chaos mutant, she might be a tilean witch, who knows. it would be good to have another female legendary lord though, and I think CA could do something good with her.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Noctilus is basically confirmed, you can see him riding the Necrofex Colossus in one of the Steam screenshots.

aw lame he doesnt have his blue skin or metal beard spike

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

can we start a letter writing campaign to get noctilus his blue skin and correct beard?

and also get them to release the full sea shanty from the trailer? and make the zombies sing it when they march?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

if theyre vampire counts they should have the raise dead trait right? maybe if your bloated corpses explode it could guarantee you can raise them again after the battle.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

we need to get CA to add noctilus his proper beard

look at how good his beard is. if he is just luthor harkon in a red hat, which is what he seems like in the screenshot there is of him, its gonna suck major rear end. hes a blue boy with a gold beard and hella fangs, because he has ocean man powers

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7tJELpDfKU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

noctilus has his beard! its a shame he's not blue but modders can always fix that.

i am pumped for aranessa and the mystery witch, the warhammer little mermaid and what looks like warhammer ursula.

kind of sad we wont be getting skretch or drekla, but at least we're getting some non-elf female LLs instead of the ghost pirate guy or whatever bullshit

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

the silver princess would be really cool, and looks the most likely based on that silhouette. there's a proud real world tradition of noblewomen buying boats and becoming pirate captains, it would make sense for an evil vampire to do the same.

CA seem to have made her a bit fatter than i would expect a vampire to be, maybe shes all full of blood

or she's grimdark ursula to go with aranessa's grimdark little mermaid

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Aurubin posted:

I wonder at what point in the design process they decided on vampire pirates as a faction. I wonder if that was a long argument or just a bunch of excited nerds nodding in agreement with one another.

my guess is they saw how much people loved norsca, a faction they made out of odds and ends from GWs history and a bunch of whole cloth, then looked for who they could pull off something similar with in lustria. i still really wanna see an araby faction, and the amazons if at all possible, but i dont know that either of those has the same level of cool factor as vampire pirates.

do any of you tabletop heads know anything about how much araby exists in terms of playable units and whatnot? i know basically nothing about the actual tabletop game, i just read a lot of the lore wikis when i was bored in college.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

they were super mad that aranessa A) wasnt a full faction of living troops and B) isnt as sexy as they imagined based on the one (1) official piece of art she has.

theyre also mad we're getting 2 female legendary lords

whereas i am a reasonable person, i am sad that noctilus isnt as ugly as his official art, and slightly disappointed we arent getting skretch. but i'd rather have aranessa and the silver princess than the generic pirate ghost vangheist everyone else online seems to have wanted.

also in terms of funny reddit posts, theyre talking about it at least being easy for the modders to reskin all the zombie troops to living empire troops for aranessas faction, which is pretty funny.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Mordja posted:

Definitely getting the mod that makes Noctilis bluer, day one.

its weird that he isnt blue cause having him white makes him look like luther harkon in a different outfit

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Ralepozozaxe posted:

You just cracked the code.

they could hide it so easily though by opening up his texture in photoshop, selecting his face, then moving the cyan slider up in the colour balance window

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i did not expect to be so right that it would be grimdark ursula to go with grimdark little mermaid

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

the other factors involved are that GW got new management a couple years back, and total warhammer has been so insanely successful that they are happy to let CA get away with stuff.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

the bright side of chaos dwarves not having many named characters is at least 2 of the ones they do have are cyborgs

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

they're currently mad that a pirate queen looks 'tomboyish'

i imagine they would be mad if the amazons werent all strippers, even though in the little amount of art there is of them they're modestly dressed

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Kaza42 posted:

Ugh, I saw part of the milkandcookies video about the new LL and every other sentence was basically just "hah hah, she's fat and that's weird"

extremely weird that an opera singer would be fat

anyway heres the only official warhammer amazons art ive been able to find

theres a bunch of other poo poo that comes up of more traditional, nudey amazons, but it's all fanart as far as i can tell.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

I wanna talk to yall today about Luthor Harkon and how cool he is, and how poo poo end times was. I'm gonna present it as a list of facts, for ease of digestion:

1) He's old as poo poo.

He's a second generation vampire from the city of lahmia, which is where vampires were created. The original batch were created by drinking from an Evil Cup, including the guy who (most likely) turned Luthor. That guy was a nobleman by the name of Abhorash, aka Blade, aka The Daddy of the Blood Knights. Abhorash was such a good and noble guy (by warhammer standards) that they had to trick him into drinking from the Evil Cup. When he turrned he refused to drink the blood of his fellow man, until the hunger got too much and he killed hella guys, then vowed from that day forth to only feed on bad guys.

don't drink from her cup, its not hennessy no matter what she says

Abhorash was also the guy who said 'guys if we keep drinking everyones blood all the time people are gonna get mad at us'. He turned guys who were good at fighting and Honorable into vampires to help him out with this goal. One of these guys, who became one of his four top lieutenants, was a guy called Lutr of the Harkoni tribe, who guarded Lahmia's harbour. Unfortunately the other vampires kept drinking everyones blood, then people got mad at them, then the entire kingdom of nekehara descended on Lahmia to gently caress it up and purge the vamps.

Abhorash, the cool guy

Abhorash was insanely good at fighting and nobody could beat him, but unfortunately for Lahmia they just went around him and burned it down anyway. Abhorash got pretty emo about this, and went into exile with the vampires loyal to him, including Lutr. They all vowed to only drink the blood of the strongest fighters, in an anime-style quest to be the very best, like no one ever was. Abhorash wound up drinking the blood of a dragon who he beat up, and found it cured him totally of his bloodthirst but left him with his cool vampire powers. He told his bros 'now you guys all do that also and then we'll meet up and wreck up the place.'

unclear how this relates to killing dragons, but its cool

Thus the blood knights were born, and continue to this day to wear cool red armour and fight stuff. There's not really any lore on what Lutr, later Luthor, did after that, but we can assume it was cool.

2) He's the second best necromancer to ever live.

This is pretty significant given that the best necromancer to ever live was Bone Daddy Nagash himself. Luthor is just insanely good at necromancy for reasons nobody really understands. The zombies he raises retain way way more intelligence than anyone elses, down to even keeping some of their personality they had in life, while remaining obedient.

some good rear end fucken necromancy

Old gently caress-rear end dudes like Kemmler and Herman Ghost have spent many mortal lifetimes studying the dark arts, but their zombies are all still morons. Crazy old Luthor, though, despite being cut off from the winds of magic by dickhead frogs, outdoes them with ease. His zombies are smart enough to be able to go off and plunder without him. He can make zombies who understand currency! He's also able to raise sea monsters and whatnot, but its very hard to tell if they are also genius zombies.

Heinrich Kemmler, depicted being much worse at necromancy than a mentally ill pirate

He's so good at necromancy that he created magical artifacts, the ebon skulls, that would endow any mortal with great necromantic power, but also bind them into a contract with Luthor himself. He sent them to all the greatest pirate lords in warhammer and through them (and a spell that would call ships to the coast of lustria) he built his zombie armada to an incredible size and potency.

3) The lizardmen fear him.

That's pretty significant if you know how the lizardmen are. They take a very very long view, and are pretty ignorant of minor world events. The dwarves used to live in one big city that went under the whole world, but the lizardmen tried to reprogram the clock on The Old Ones' microwave oven and caused an earthquake so big it broke up the big dwarf city into all the Kazaks we know and love today. All they give a poo poo about is interpreting Old One prophecies and stopping chaos taking over the world.

tfw you get a vision of how bats carrying skeletons carrying pistols are going to come and gently caress you up

Unfortunately for them, those prophecies mention Luthor Harkon by name. He is Lizardman public enemy number one. The Slann have spent a great deal of time and energy trying to gently caress over Luthor, and theres a good chance that the artifact that drove him insane and cut him off from the winds of magic was a deliberate trap by them. The cinematic gives the brief version of what happened to him, but basically when he sent zombies in to grab it they immediately got deanimated, so he decided to go get it himself and it trapped him in place, started to collapse the temple around him, and started sucking the magic from his body. using Heroic Strength of Will he broke free, but his mind got broken into a dozen Luthors.

That's a good and a bad thing for him. On one hand he's unstable, but on the other hand if it all gets too much for one Luthor, it can swap out for a different Luthor who is freshly rested and ready to rock.

Anyway, his army grew to such a size that he became the Lizardmen's number one priority after chaos. And when I say chaos I don't mean like archaon or wulfrik or a chaos army, I mean the literal elemental force of chaos. Luthor got so saucy he stole AN ENTIRE LIZARDMAN CITY called Axolotl. And again, I don't mean he sacked it, I mean HE STOLE THE ENTIRE CITY. Not a single brick of remains where it was originally built. Luthor put it to good use, too. He spent hundreds of years studying what he had stolen, and used his new mastery of magical artifice to make his famous Ebon Skulls.

Have you seen me? Answers to Axolotl

4) The End Times wouldnt have happened without Luthor, although they Still Suck rear end

Nagash, the boner

So as soon as Nagash showed up again, Luthor immediately joined him. Luthor, who by this point had an armada of zombie ships, sea monsters, enthralled living pirates, and a truly apocalyptic number of zombie mooks with guns, and also the worlds largest cannon, the queen bess. He just up and joined Nagash for no loving reason. No prior loyalty, no reason to join Nagash. Maybe he thought Nagash could fix his brain? who knows.

Anyway, Nagash uses him to totally destroy the Tomb Kings and their Navy, then leaves Luthor to dick about for a while till Nurgle shows up. Nurgle is loving up Sylvanaia and Mannfred can't do poo poo about it, so Nagash sends Luthor to take care of it. Luthor shows up and Mannfred immediately soul-rips one of Luthors bros and some of his minions to revive his stupid dragon he flies around on. Luthor kicks his dick all the way off and is about to decapitate him when Nagash shows up and says 'dont do that'.

Luthor and Drekla in happier times

Then somehow Luthors entire army gets killed and Drekla dies to save him from a Great Unclean One. Mannfred immediately steals the unclean ones soul to revive his loving dragon yet again and fly away. Luthor grabs onto the dragon to try and escape too, and mannfred cuts his hand off because mannfred is just a oval office. Luthor breaks his legs and is still fighting, but Isabella (who is possessed by Nurgle) shows up and kills him.

looks cool but is a little-dick rear end boy

gently caress the end times.

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Oct 14, 2018

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Mannfred is now Nagash's bitch in Age of Sigmar because of how bad he hosed up. Nagash hated him so much he brought him back to torment him for all eternity, is how bad he hosed up.

Luthor is maybe one of the few characters in the game to have progressively built up a power base over time through skill and good planning, without being a bullshit Mary Sue empowered by some magic event (looking at you Karl Franz), and he gets dicked over during End Times by Plot Fiat because he isn't one of the key characters GW had planned around. His army just suddenly gets taken off him by Drachenfels (why nobody else thought to just take Luthors army off him is unclear) and then he gets killed by one touch from Isabella.

he's the opposite of every other GW character. He does the (ironically) sane thing and then gets punished by the hand of plot, rather than doing really really stupid things and being saved by it.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

KazigluBey posted:

This is a fantastic synopsis and I'd love to read more, if you're up for writing any.

i'll probably write more at some point i just usually need to find a topic that interests me in warhammer

oh no they found me aaaah

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Oct 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

when mannfred helps resurrect nagash (after trying to betray poor arkhan so he can get all the credit), nagash senses that mannfred is a traitorous bitch and resurrects Vlad solely to piss mannfred off. nearly all of mannfreds crew then ditch mannfred and join up with vlad. Then later when Vlad is off defending his homeland from chaos, mannfred tries to steal his power.

then later when nurgle is attacking the black pyramid mannfred betrays neferata and arkhan by hiding at the side of the battle instead of where hes supposed to be, so he can see who will win the battle. the black pyramid blows up, and mannfred gets all horny thinking all the other major undead players and nagash are dead so he can take over. wrong, bitch. nagash is still alive and pissed, arkhan and krell and neferata get revived by nagash. nagash gives sylvania to neferata because gently caress you, mannfred.

then when the undead go to negotiate an alliance with the elves nagash offers to hand over the one responsible for killing the elves special baby. I dont know much about it, beyond that mannfred and arkhan did it while they were trying to revive nagash. Mannfred is super hyped thinking arkhan is about to get thrown under the bus, but nagash throws mannfred under the bus instead. horns.aiff.

the elves put mannfred in gay baby jail, but theres a good old demon sneaking around the joint and mannfred betrays the undead to join up with archaon instead. Archaon lets him in the club, but only until he finds out what a fuckin pissbaby mannfred is, at which point he tells him to shut up in a big boomy reverb voice.

meanwhile all the worlds greatest champions have all become incarnates of one wind of magic or another, and they are all meeting up to do a magical ritual to stop the big chaos vortex and save warhammer world from becoming age of sigmar. Mannfred at this point is just sitting around at the side watching events unfold, seeing who is going to win (like he did at the black pyramid). Eventually i guess he feels like its been too long since someone last paid attention to him, and he stabs Balthazar Gelt in the back, dooming the ritual, and destroying warhammer world.

also he was monologuing the whole time, until tyrion stabbed him with a sword and burned him to death.

edit: for contrast, Vlad dies saving Isabella from possession by Nurgle. He takes off his magic ring that resurrects him, and puts it on her finger, then jumps with her onto the stakes in the moat outside the castle theyre on. They both die, but Isabella comes back free of nurgles influence, saved by Vlad's sacrifice.