Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

I ride bikes all day posted:

Please tell me you can get an Old Blood riding a Carnosaur.

Both Saurus Old Blood lords and Scar Vetrain heroes have access to cold ones and Carnosaurs as mount options.

Edit: Skink heroes by contrast have accesses to Terradons and Stegadon as mount options.

Vorpal Cat fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Sep 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Gonkish posted:

loving Carnosaur mounts are rad as hell. If you're playing Lizardmen and you don't have a cuddle puddle of giant dinos with which to smash rats and elves, you are literally Doing It Wrong (tm).

https://youtu.be/NJxU38e3FtQ

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

DeathSandwich posted:

IIRC the back half of everyone's red line is for rank7+ stuff because nobody ever really used the back half of the red line in game 1 anyway and a high vet bonus makes more sense over just doubling up similar bonuses to the front half of the red line. I guess it figures when you get that high a level to break into the back half of the red line you'll probably be getting rank 7s around then. Also +unit experience from campaign bonuses gets thrown around way more often now, and captain/fighter lords get the train army ability with almost no blue line investment.

It's actully 0 investment, fighter heroes have +30 exp per turn to their army right from level 1. The skill just buffs the amount.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Wafflecopper posted:

High Elves are okay at trading I guess

I like how they unlock extra techs by having maxed out trade resource buildings, giving you even more incentive to go heavy into trade. It reminds me a bit of a toned down version of Norsca's faction capital techs, obviously nowhere near as good, but extremely fast to research once unlocked.

They also seem to have buffed how many trade resources each trade route will take, In WH 1 it almost wasn't worth upgrading production buildings because you would never have enough trade routes to take all the goods. In my Loremasters game I'm selling two full production buildings worth of diamonds with enough extra capacity for a third if I had one. The only good that's at less then 100% is the elven, trinkets I'm making basically everywhere, and that's at over 90% even though the other high elves I'm trading with won't take any.

Vorpal Cat fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Oct 1, 2017

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

So apparently according to reddit blessed spawnings seem to have the old RoR glitch where they don't fully count as their base unit for the purposes lord buffs. Blessed Saurus Warriors still get Korq's discount but not his readline buffs. Poor Maz dosn't even get that as his discount only seems to count for regular temple guards.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Plavski posted:

Here's a post from reddit on how auto-resolve works for those interested:

Well that explains why my two poor white lions get slaughtered any time I try to auto-resolve a siege with my all seaboy/archer army. This also explains why free company rack up so many kills and don't take casualties when you auto-resolve in game 1.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Gamerofthegame posted:

I find it kind of bizarre, personally. Mostly because you can work around a lot of the negative ones (Oh nooo, -5 melee defense) while the positive ones have you just recruiting goku

It does fit the idea that 99.9% of elf society is full of useless morons who are only able to stay afloat because the remaining .1% is completely overpowered baddasses like the twins.

Also the traits seem to be duffert not just to lords vs heroes, but also for each type of hero. I found one for loremasters that not only masivly buffs swordmasters, but also makes them a one turn recruit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Panfilo posted:

So far in my Dwarf campagin Vampire Counts have Dawn of the Dead-ed their way through Zhufbar and pretty much everything north of Silver Road is overrun with undead :stonk: Its definitely interesting how various races have new dynamics now that they can conquer anywhere.

Is there a list somewhere telling me each races habitable/hostile/uninhabitable climates?

If you want to see how the races stack up here's a chart that was posted on Reddit before the ME map was revealed.

tldr, almost everyone has around 3 good climates, 4 bad climates, and 3 poo poo climates. The big exceptions are Skaven who can take basically anything they want that isn't elfy and Norsca who look like they're probably going to use the same system they do in game 1.