Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

ChickenWing posted:

What's the current best place to preorder TW:W2, based on a cost:not getting my CC stolen ratio.

CDKeys preorder got refunded due to their keys being region locked, wanna get my preload on tonight

Bundlestars is the cheapest I can see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

You'd only use walk if you need to regain stamina.

Is this even a thing anymore? I thought you couldn't rest units to recover stamina like in older TWs?

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Vlex posted:

I remember reading that TWW1 was originally not going to mesh with 2, and that many of the FLCs we have today are the result of the game's rampant success emboldening the publisher and permitting CA to go nuts with TWW2. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think it was designed to be played as a giant game and the fact that the joint map is coming out after the game is released, rather than being the main feature, suggests to me that they were envisioned as standalones first.

It was always planned as a trilogy with a giant stitched together map the end goal, at least as early as the initial TWWH1 announcement.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Vlex posted:

You got a source for that? Asking out of genuine curiosity.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/04/22/total-war-warhammer-officially-revealed-with-trailer

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Cleared all those filthy vampires out of Nehekhara as Kroq-Gar, ready for Settra to take back what's his.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Data-miners have confirmed Skavenblight, Lahmia and Hell Pit for the Mortal Empires campaign.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Randarkman posted:

Where's Lahmia and Hell Pit?

Hell Pit is in Troll Country, Lahmia is just east of the mountains east of the Land of the Dead.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

RentACop posted:

They definitely seem to be doing mortar shots like they did back in Rome 1

Yep I noticed earlier playing Helfs that my archer line directly behind my melee-engaged front line was shooting piddly little arcing shots over my guys.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Woah naval units? https://www.honga.net/totalwar/warhammer2/faction.php?l=en&v=warhammer2&f=wh2_main_vmp_the_silver_host

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
My all shooty Helf stack with just lothern sea guard, archers and bolt throwers got a chokepoint map against a Queek double stack, it didn't go well for him. Those bolt throwers on multi-shot into massed rats is just devastating.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I wish I was good at modding. I want to make a mod that turns the Kroq'gar's hand of the gods into an armor or other item so he could equip it and his spear at the same time.

peer posted:

:confused: but Hand of Gods already goes in the enchanted item slot, not the weapon slot

Yeah I don't know why you keep saying this dude, Hand of the Gods is an enchanted item, so you can use both. You said this before when the game came out and I just believed it and so didn't bother doing the quest battle for it. :argh:

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Ibblebibble posted:

For the final vortex battle do you get put in charge of a premade army or does it just bring the one army your LL is attached to? Trying to plan ahead.

You bring your starting lords army, whatever it is at the time.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Deranged M posted:

This has been probably asked before but I can't seem to find it . I haven't played the first total war warhammer so if I wanna dive into the franchise , can I just start with 2 or is there a reason to play 1st one too ?

There's plenty of QOL improvements in the second but the first is still great, it really depends on which factions you want to play as TBH. You'll need both for the mega-campaign though.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Mazz posted:

DX12 was crashing my game a whole bunch after one of the late WH1 patches, I'd suggest not using that for now. I'm using a 970 FWIW.

I mean you just straight up shouldn't be using it at all if you're on an Nvidia card.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

which regiments are the new ones

The wood elves/chaos/beastmen/brettonia ones.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

dammit i wanted to play beastmen

Yeah it kinda sucks, I was gonna play 'Durthu stomps Ulthuan' but I guess I'll wait and play Dorfs or something first.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

StashAugustine posted:

hope they get stuff Tomb Kings added by the time im done w wolfenstein Destiny ii

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
How the heck do I get food as Queek? I can’t see any food generating buildings and consumption just gets worse as I expand. I can get 2 food when I win a battle but it’s not enough.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
It's about to get spooky in here:

:getin:

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Game feels so fragmented right now. You've got stuff in one game but not the other, stuff in Vortex but not ME, foundation update coming 'soon', but no norsca, no RoRs, no news on the upcoming FLC, no news on TK. It makes me just not want to play until they've got everything consolidated into ME, but that feels like it's not gonna be until end of Jan/Feb at this point.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Where’s my male skeleton-only dlc, CA?

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

madmac posted:

After thinking about it a bit, the thing that aggravates me the most about the Norsca thing isn't just that 8 months is ridiculous and the endless chariot tide is forever blah, but also that they've basically derailed the whole content schedule for Warhammer 2 by screwing up so bad.

What we're looking at now is Tomb Kings in January (4 months after game 2 release) Norsca in May, and then like maybe they'll have time to work on other DLCs/free content sometime in, I dunno...June? July? I'm basing this off CA's own statements on Reddit that they're releasing Tomb Kings because it's already done, but they likely won't be working on anything else until Norsca is done.

9 months after Warhammer 1 we had four races, (Chaos, Beastmen, Wood Elves, Brettonia) 2 lord packs and a bunch of FLC. 9 Months after Warhammer 2, we might have, uh, Mortal Empires, a Race Pack, and the Pre-order bonus.

It's such a huge delay I have to wonder if they'll even be able to put out as much DLC/free content as they originally had planned. Realistically it's either cutting something or delaying Game 3 considerably from their original plan, especially with all the historical games and crap they've got planned for next year.

The historical stuff is done by different teams to warhammer, and they said on reddit that while the DLC schedule has obviously been set back, the amount of stuff they'll be releasing hasn't changed or been reduced. Don't forget we're also getting the new 'experiment' game mode soon and a new Skaven LL in january with the Tomb Kings.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

sassassin posted:

ME campaign.

Rites are still in ME.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
hehehehehehehehehhehehehehe

HEHEHEHE

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

SHISHKABOB posted:

How similar to vampire counts are the Tomb Kings gonna be? I like the heavy/monstrous infantry + monsters thing VC have going on.

Pretty different, they have the chaff infantry skeletons and big monsters, but they have chariots, archers and artillery too, all of which VC lack.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Panfilo posted:

From the sound of it, they sound similar to Empire (jack of all trades) except undead.

My only concern is that they end up like Wood Elves, who get so isolationist they are pretty much irrelevant to 90% of the other factions. I get that they aren't like Greenskins or Vampire counts or something, but it would be neat to fight them once in a while.

They are isolationist, up until the point you raid one of their tombs and steal some shiny artefact, at which point they will promptly march to the ends of the earth, horribly murder you, curse your entire lineage, and then take the shiny back home.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Can we get a spooky skellington themed thread title please

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Total Warhammer 2: THIS THREAD DOES NOT KNEEL

Surely “Total Warhammer 2: This thread does not serve, this thread RULES!

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Angry Lobster posted:

I would love if they implemented Nagash in the Tomb Kings DLC as some kind of threat/adversary, highly unlikely though.

I think that’s pretty possible tbh, considering they’re gonna be in the vortex campaign first and foremost, but apparently not actual interact with the vortex ritual stuff at all, so they will need a campaign endgame.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Pyronic posted:

what was on the removed one?

It was just the old beastmen teaser letter from the first game.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

John Charity Spring posted:

Speaking of this, what do we reckon the free DLC in January is likely to be? If it's going to be at all similar to the FLC tracker (now outdated), it'll be a Skaven Legendary Lord, but a Skryre lord seems more likely to come as paid DLC along with extra units for the Complete Skryre Experience. So is a Moulder LL (with start position in Hell Pit on the Mortal Empires map) more likely?

The FLC in January is confirmed to be a a Skaven LL, and confirmed to not be Thanquol.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

FlyingCowOfDoom posted:

As someone not as up to date on WHF lore, how will the Tomb Kings be different from the Vampire undead already in game? Are their units that much different?

Lots of chariots, solid archers and artillery are the big things they have that VC don't.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
As rad as Settra obviously is, I think i'm most excited for Khalida to be honest. Super buffed archers and constructs are totally my jam, especially when those constructs also have bows the size of bolt throwers.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Pretty pleased with the roster we've seen so far, pleasantly surprised to see Tomb Scorpions, Necrosphinxes, Sepulchral Stalkers and Carrion all in, I thought a few of those would get cut, and the Hierotitan is a big surprise. No sign of bone giants (melee or bow variants) or bow ushabti though which is a shame if they're missing. Still beyond hyped for this.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Ravenfood posted:

TKs will also have RoRs, which are coming later in the campaign for them.

In addition to Legions of Legend too, which are a similar campaign only thing.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Its Rinaldo posted:

Ugh, chariots on those jungle maps

Chariots aren't really her thing so it's not a big issue, she's into archers and constructs.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Have they said how crumbling will work for TK? I imagine they'll just do it the same as VC, rather than bothering to let you have a liche priest as your Hierophant or anything.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Ynglaur posted:

Wait there are LLs you have to unlock?

Yeah but they can't be used it campaign.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Xae posted:

The biggest thing I want is faster end of turn times in ME.

It is super annoying when you have those streaks where you do nothing but click next. And then wait 2 minutes. And Click next again.

Are you on an SSD? It takes like 30 seconds at the absolute most for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Mordja posted:

Coming up with four LLs for Albion sounds like a stretch though... Still, I'm sure CA could come up with something neat for those bog-dwellers. Would be neat if true but I still want Araby.

They're only doing four LLs for campaign packs (i.e the ones that used to have mini campaigns), not for race packs like norsca.