Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(

Zhulik posted:

I wanted to see how long it would take just Morghur's stack to completely scour the whole map.

I'm with ya, the beastmen party train never stops and it's only going to get better when the mega-campaign arrives! :hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

now do dwarf cannons vs rat cannons

I haven't tried but i wouldn't be surprised if the dwarfs won that, since the dwarf cannon is much smaller than the war lightning cannon right?

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

The only overhaul mod i have liked so far is the AI overhaul one, i hope he updates it for wh2 aswell :/

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

John Charity Spring posted:

I do really like the idea of making both the Green Knight and Wild Hunt into rites. Norscans could get one for each god or something with relevant bonuses? I saw someone suggest an Empire rite be to summon a steam tank, which makes them a bit harder to recruit en masse for late-game armies but also lets you get them a bit earlier, and I quite like that idea too. There's a lot that could be done with it if CA wanted to give it a look.

Make an Empire Steam Tank general that you unlock through rites so you can have a full armored division! :v:

Edit: with a 3 point skill to lower steam tank upkeep with 15/20/30%

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I love the new races, i really do. I have had a ton of fun with Morathis delfs and Kroq'gars dinos. But something was missing, and i just figured it out.

It's a little spell named Wind of Death.

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I would like an option to just give territory to others, maybe for some gold or other deals. I don't need an option to trade for them. Would be great in my current Brettonia game where i had to counter invade the Empire but couldn't just sack or raze since that would loose me chivalry, and i don't really want land outside Brettonia except for certain provinces.

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I just finished up a ME Brettonia campaign(As the Fey Enchantress though). My plan going into it was farm the orcs for 20 turns, murder the beastmen and then head off into the new world with crusades while confederating Brettonia. It all went as planned up to the murder beastmen part.

Moussilon owned everything and was growing big so i had to murder them first. Then the Empire invaded some of the dukedomes and while i planed to stick to murdering evil races, we can't have that can we? So off to murdering some foreign invaders. Then the giant dickheads also known as Marianneburg tried where the Emperor failed and now i ended up with the wastelands, since i can't burn human towns due to chivalry.

Turns out the Empire was desperat due to getting their asses kicked by Skarsnik, oh well i had armies there, off we go! Took Nuln and oh, Vampire counts and Von Carsteins everywhere? Spreading corruption? You can probably see where we are heading, and it is not west. Not only half the empire, but large parts of the mountains, the borderlands, badlands AND tthe starting area for Belegar was under vampire control. Que tons of re-dead skeletons and Manfred-killing later, including a sneak attack on Brettonia that was stopped by panic-raising a peasant army(The lord then got some knights after getting the wows, sailed south and took Ekrund from the vampires in a series of battles) i somehow ended up with 1900 Chivalry, murdered some Orcs in the Errantry Wars and finished of some Norsca settlements in Kislev for the final 2k. Great campaign would run down skeletons with knights again!

tl dr: Wanted to murder rats and lizards in the new world as the Fey Enchantress, ended up re-killing dead dudes for 99% of the campaign, knights own.

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I want my next job to be proffesional lionbeard stylist.

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

Probably a rite stack, they have one that summons a dino army led by a oldblood.

Edit: Got ritual and rite mixed up as pointed out!

Noir89 fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Dec 8, 2017

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

If there is one thing this Morathi VH campaign i am playing right now has taught me, it is that high elves are the real dicks and will happily shoot you from half the map away with 1000+ archers. I managed to land and take Tiranoc and Caledor, but now it have stalemated into a hellwar where i can't get enough time to push up to the gate before 4 new high elf armies appear from the inland, by now Tor Anlec and the surrounding area is a necromancers wet dream.

Edit: The armies consists of half-everything(White lions, swordmasters, dragons, eagles as far as the eye can see) and half Lothern Sea Guards. The very name Lothern Sea Guard makes me irrationaly angry right now.

Noir89 fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Dec 23, 2017

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

The greatest crime CA have made is that when i select a unit of Knights of the Realm to order them into another glorious charge, they don't sometimes answer back with a suspiciously high-pitched "Knights of the Realm!"

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

Arglebargle III posted:

I'm having trouble with tons of High Elf fliers because they gently caress up my darkshards and ruin my shooting power, even when I put four Blackguards right behind the shooters to engage the fliers as soon as they come down.

Wiiiiitch eeeeeelfs.
Put them behind the darkshards, aggro the dumb birds and murder them.

Edit: I feel your pain though, my latest hellwar in Ulthuan involved multiple stacks of different birds and legions of sea guard may they rest in piss.

Noir89 fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jan 9, 2018

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

Since someone was asking earlier if it is possible to win with Morathi in ME, I hit turn 140 on my ME Morathi VH campaign today, the hellwar against the HE is over and Ulthuan is mine, 2 chaos waves defeated with all the armies dead including the WoC and Archaon. My dumb idiot son lost northern Not-Canada to maruaders so sent up 2 armies there and now hold almost all of it, only the outer edge of the landmass left to retake. This was good for me since it feed me a ton of slaves and new territories. This, Ulthuan and the areas around Morathis start are mine together with the Hexoatl province.

Just started an invasion of the old world through Brettonia, i have just started scouting it out so going in a bit blind but i made an alliance with the Wood Elves since they love me for some reason, the rest of the factions seems to hate me. Plan is to land 5 armies supported by 2 Black Arks in 2 locations, with a swarm of corrupting hags to prepare provinces and break walls. The 2 armies in the north will finish cleaning up the marauders and then head for Empire lands, leaving 1 army on Ulthuan for defence while training a new one in Lothern for backup. I am currently making about 20k/turn but keep empty it all on buildings. I am scouting out Lustria with a sorceress and it is a major clusterfuck with Teclins, Lizards, Undead, Orcs and Rats killing each other constantly, everything is sacked or razed/conquered and i haven't spotted a settlement higher than 3 yet, staying the gently caress away from that.

Teclis aparantly hated his brother or something since he wants to be my Best Bro Ever and keeps asking for military/defensive alliances. I agreed on a trade agreement and started dumping cash into the vampires and rats since, well, major clusterfuck and i can earn more burning the old world anyway.

Verdict: You have to play safe early, and be mentally prepared to kill high elves forever, but after you break them and take Ulthuan it should be smooth sailing from there! Hang in there! It's been a fun campaign and i intend to keep going with it until TK is released and breaks the save anyway. Dark elves is easily my favorite faction and level 40 Morathi is insane.

Edit: My starting province is earing 16k by itself lol and I am one of those weirdos spreading slaves out after a while, since i want to earn more from Gold Mines and poo poo. 30k slaves hell yeah!
Edit v2: Most of my armies have a core of 5 dreadspears or bleakswords and 5 or 4 darkshards w/shields, a sorceress and a hag. After that i pick a mix of elite units depending on where i train it and what i feel like trying out. I play with a no extra upkeep for armies mod, i added it about halfway through the campaign. My favorite army is my very first Dreadlord, who have the above core, 5 Witch Elves all above gold chevrons and the rest low tier units since i couldn't recruit better. The Witch Elves have performed well all campaign and i only just recently replaced some bleakswords with Har Ganeth Executioners. The Chevrons, research and the red skill upgrades leaves the WEs with 50+ melee defence and offence before the kill-things buff. :v:

Noir89 fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jan 14, 2018

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I really don't care that much about Ogres(Each to their own), but i stumbled upon the Gnoblar wiki page and i really hope CA give them a LL of their own, holy poo poo these guys are great!

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Gnoblar

quote:

Pig-Jousting - One of the most bizarre and chaotic games, pig jousting is a common and confusing sight in most camps. Groups of scrcaming Gnoblars charge around on squealing pigs. tussling with each other as they pass. and often continuing to run around screaming aftcr thcy are unseated. However, among the more organised Gnoblar tribes a more advanced version has emerged, which Ogres sometimes watch. In this variation (which undoubtedly gave pig jousting its name), two Gnoblars face each other across a cleared pit, sat atop their pigs, dressed in a much protection as they can muster and armed with long pointy sticks. When the order to charge is given they both charge forward and try and unseat their opponents. These imitations of human knights rapidly descend into chaos as the pigs run about wildly, the Gnoblars lose their poles. impatient 'knights' charge in to join battle early and angry Ogres start throwing anything that comcs to hand at the useless competitors.

quote:

The biggest, meanest Gnoblars are not always those with the largest ears and noses, but however large and tough a Gnoblar is he will always feel inadequate and lacking in authority if his ears aren't particularly big. Some even go mad with paranoia thinking everyone is snickering about their small ears behind their back

Edit:
Gnoblar Pigback Riders
:allears:

Noir89 fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 17, 2018

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I don't know what you guys are talking about, I love Khalida and have been steamrolling everything with her so far! Now the hard part begins, se that green blob over there? Yeah Grimgor decided to say "gently caress Dwarfs" and went a bit nuts. Rank 1, 44 settlements and I suspekt they have conquered all the way up to the Empire. Gonna try and get my good old pal Settra in on a hellwar against them!

Edit: This is on VH/VH.

Noir89 fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jan 25, 2018

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah the "Spawn special hero" rituals really suffer from that, it would be better if you could pick a province/provincial capital, or even if it was always the LL army and not the Capital. As it is now, if I want to use one i have walk him all the way from Lybaras to The Silver Road to get some use out of him.

That's alot of walking.

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

For you, a horrible sight of brutality and murder. For him, a normal tuesday.

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

Plavski posted:

I wish "serious" didn't mean "edgelord" to those people

You have to pry my Edgelord Elves from my cold, dead hands. Tho no one can take the dark elves seriously... right?

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

Plavski posted:

Well Vamps have spectral essence or whatever. Demons could just work on a souls currency if they didn't want to get fancy.

I still think VC should've had bones or skeletons as their currency. :colbert:

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

Oh hello there Vampires! Just here to purge you all for being the horrible spawn of Neferata! Please tell her to come join, I miss her.

Regards, Khalida

After 100+ turns of murdering nothing(and I mean nothing) but orcs, I finally reached the vampire counts on the other end of them. The Greenskins still hold parts of the Empire, Borderlands and Grey Mountains though, that buff really helped them out.

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

I am still so excited to see how they'll be implemented. Ogres could be really different than any other faction unless they go the boring route and have 15 Gnoblar variations and your force is just Gnoblars sprinkled with some Ogres.

I just hope they're Minotaur Charge: The Faction

gently caress you Gnoblars owns and i would gladly take a faction of only Gnoblars :colbert:

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

You can use influence to recruit lords, how does that even work? Does he just waltz up to Grimgor and goes "Yo my dude! Got this sick-nasty warrior-princess back home but she don't wanna join up, can you write a letter of recommendation?"

Then he hands over a shitstained piece of leather detailing all the awesome extra benefits she will by joining such as a giant axe applied to her head or getting headbutted into oblivion and goes "Sure, this orc-fella you talked to convinced me! Sign me the gently caress upp!"

Dudes really good at the whole talking thing if thats how it works.

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

Yes but when some of that influence comes from nobles smacktalking orcs or something ... :v:

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I think i mended the War of the Beard guys! Saved them from ending up as greenskin dinner and now we are bestest bros ever! :3:

First game with the Advanced AI mod from Celtik and uuh, things sure did not pan out as usual, except the orcs growing huge, prompting me to spend half the campaign killing greenskins.

What is not usual is a strong Empire, that have retaken everything except Sylvania AND togheter with Ghrond of all factions, conquered Norsca. When they where done they started murdering each other, currently the Empire holds most of Norsca except the eastern parts and Kislev. Varg have a small holdout on southern Kislev, the rest is held by Ghrond.

In more southern lands, Khemri is huge and have killed off clan Mors, though it happened late since i was there to witness it. Old Kroq'gar holds the rest of the eastern lands down there, and have taken some of the mountains north of Lahmia. The High Elfs are dead and gone and I have no idea whats happening in Lustria, but Skrolk declared war on Tilea that i am allied to so i am sending over 2 full stacks there to check things out. Mod is great A+ would recommend.

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

Short update on the Advanced AI mod game, since i haven't seen this before either. Made landfall on Lustria, we have recived the following terrifying footage from the expeditionary forces. Warning, this is not a pretty sight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXQwx1EolD8

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

This one removes it completely and is the one I use:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1156354073

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

Huh, Beastmen and Wood Elves are probably my favorite campaigns, both in WH1 and ME, since both are able to just head out and go wherever, while at the same time have really fun rosters. Especially Beastmen is great on the battlefield, just charge murder everyone.

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

Nah, Empire occupy the same spot as Greenskins for me, really fun to fight and great enemies, but nothing i want to play myself! Then again i am a filthy elf-lover to the core(Beastmen excepted. those guys know how to party) :v:

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

The skaven one kills the unit. DE have a similar ability but it does less damage and exhausts instead.

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

Frog Act posted:

The Vortex campaign is neat but I'm worried I've already kinda screwed up my DE campaign by having not done any quests or rituals 100 turns in and now Malekith's army is too ocuppied holding my extremely porous and distant borders to do the pretty-hard campaign battles

General advice that is for some reason extremely hard for strategy players to follow: If you feel that you are stretched to thin, just fal lback. Raze all the buildings in the provinces you are abandoning, and let the AI and/or rebellions take them. As long as your core provinces remain and you can protect them, you can always go take it back again.

edit: I would kill for a Release Vassal feature like Stellaris, where you give them some regions of your choice and can trade and recive tribute from them.

Noir89 fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 30, 2018

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

The Chad Jihad posted:

Yeah I keep hoping one day they'll add that back in. Someone from CA mentioned it in a QA but that was back in TW1 days I think

I haven't tried it but there is a mod for that!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1165729756

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

Plan Z posted:

I really hate how it feels like I never fight Greenskins.

After a Khalida, then a Queek, then a Orion and finally a Kazrak campaign, I barely remember fighting anything else :v:. In ME though,.

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

But she is easily the most fun! Nothing beats getting stuck in a massive hellwar against a unified Ulthuan, while trying to keep the border safe from the loving toad to the south, and then finally topple them both and crush them under your impractical heels! :black101:

Though my current run as her is..weird. Ulthuan did not unite, but Hexoatl grew big and invaded me hard so i had to focus my attention south. Meanwhile, Not-Canada was divided between Malekith and Tretch, all three of us is in a tight alliance now. After forcing a peace out of the old toad, getting his entire starting province out of it, we invaded Ulthuan, who slowly united during the war but too late(Lothern actually confederated under the loremaster faction strangely, even though they had only their starting capital in lustria. never seen that before).

During this war, Clan Pestilence beat the poo poo out of Hexoatl, conquering basically all of southern lustria and promptly allied Me, Tretch and Malekith. Current status is me and Pestilence dividing up the last Hexoatl lands between us while Tretch and Malekith are taking eastern Ulthuan. Don't know where to go after this, thinking the Empire or maybe Norsca, but it sure seems like the world is going to be drowned in rats and elves and THAT alliance will definitely hold forever, no backstabbing here no sir.

Edit: I have been about to backstab the other two like 3 times now but everytime something happened so i postponed it, now i am just going with it. :v:

Noir89 fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Sep 20, 2018

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I actually kinda like that model except for the facehelmet, then again I have always been a sucker for the shining heavy-armor paladin/knight look. :shobon:

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

Lol I am currently running around the badlands with a super-campaignspeed boosted Aranessa in ME, sacking everything I can get my hands on while outrunning several Orc stacks. Finally, I am become the AI.

edit: Fighting in the badlands as Vsea is great, open, flat fields everywhere with sometimes some small hills to perch guns and cannonades on.

Noir89 fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Nov 15, 2018

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

Panfilo posted:

The voice acting is pretty good, especially Harkon and Cylostra. I can't quite place Harkon's accent but his lines crack me up :shepface: "I'm crazy, not stupid!" and Cylostra even has a "Poor unfortunate souls" bit in her quest battles speech which fits the Ursula theme.

Tomb Kings do this really cool Spooky Mummy Chanting when they cast spells. The only other faction that does anything similar is probably High Elf mages that yell a bunch of gibberish like they are doing a special move in Dragon Ball Z while they cast spells.

Lakoi? Lakoi! LAKOOOOOI! :byodame:

vvv Its either lacoi or lecai, it's one of Alarielles quotes. It was a while ago so not sure which tho :v:

Noir89 fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 19, 2018

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

John Charity Spring posted:

I'm playing a Skrolk campaign and have just sent some heroes over to the old world to scout things out. I'm... so very very proud of these beastmen.

Khazrak is level 19 and has a high veterancy elite army and he's wrecking the empire, it seems.

Was sitting around in my Sartosa campaign after taking over Tilea pondering what to do, when Kazrak sweeps in like a bro and burns down Skavenblight and murder all the rats, then heading up into the mountains for some dwarf-murderin hi-fiveing Aranessa moving in to settle Skavenblight, thanks for the free capital Kazrak! :3:

I found him in the Empire later, burning some minor settlements.

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

While i like Vsea and are having a blast with Sartosa ME right now, I actually prefear the style of VC if i where to pick one. :shobon:

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I haven't tried or even thought about it but maybe things like Arcane Unforging?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

Kanos posted:

• Wind of Death is the strongest attack spell in the game. Overcasted, this will instantly kill pretty much any infantry unit in the game it touches and it also mangles cavalry horribly. If you want to win almost any battle for free, let the entire enemy line mash into your chaff, wait for them to bunch up, then just shoot a wind of death down their line and watch Mannfred get 500+ kills in one cast against even dwarfs. It's expensive but there is no spell that kills like this.

This so much:

:getin: