Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Gejnor posted:

Game of the year.

Beautiful.

Prometheus skill mod is up again on workshop. It was prob one of the better balanced skill mods from TW1. It only gives x2 skill points for LLs after level 10, and agents/heroes only get 2 skill points every 5 levels.
I like how you must level up to a certain point to preserve early game balance, but in mid/late game gaining recruit rank bonuses balance it out well.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1159350107

check it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Just completed Vortex Victory as Tyrion. Can I really still not make peace with the main lizardmen factions? That's really dumb, the ritual is already complete and it only permawarred after the 4th ritual or so.

Does anyone else have this? Can you make peace with opposing factions after vortex victory?

I also noticed that the domination victory requires me to kill the lizardmen factions. This also makes no sense, in TW1 for domination victory you usually just had to destroy both your main thematic faction and opposing order/chaos ones. Why do I need to rid the world of the main lizard dudes?

It's also making GBS threads that winning the vortex victory gives you -100 reputation with literally all factions. This doesn't make sense at all!!! But at least i can buy them off unlike permawarred factions

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Magni posted:

And that's a wrap for my Mazdamundi campaign.

Also, geez Maz really doesn't like Skaven:

I mean, yikes, that's pretty loving direct. :stare:

After your vortex victory were you able to make peace with the High elves or any other of the 4 main races?

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Tenzarin posted:

You are in a permawar with them after it.

That's annoying, I want to make peace with the dino friends. They're an order faction!

Is there any mod to remove this??

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Tenzarin posted:

I think you can make peace with your same race, I didn't try.

That's good at least, thanks.

I did find this mod which only removes the final ritual's -100 diplo to all factions, which helps a bit.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1162896552

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I made my first (small) mod. It simply removes the -100 diplomacy penalty to all factions after Vortex Victory, which I think was CA's attempt at making post-vortex domination victory more challenging. But it didn't really make sense to me.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1165032859

Also if anyone figures out how to disable permanent war with the other factions post-victory, please let me know.

I'd also like to remove the Domination victory objectives that involve destroying the opposing major factions that share an alignment with you. In TWH1, you only had to destroy the opposing alignment factions usually.

Truecon420 fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Oct 11, 2017

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

lol

it is a joke about how when radious is mentioned, people come out of the wood works to talk poo poo about it instead of just ignoring it and also promoting a different mod that does similar things and was also produced by a nazi

Why do we have to ignore the promotion of polarizing mod? I think warning people about it is perfectly fair.

I don’t care for SFO but I know it does not simply do “similar things,” as it doesn’t try to homogenize every faction and turn combat into hours long grind fest

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

sassassin posted:

Radious thinks all races are equal while SFO certainly doesn't.

Lol, Holy poo poo... SFO thinks every race has its place?

Third World Reggin posted:

For a long time people said it did not add units, then it add units, yah, it does similar things

I get it, instead of making fun of a unit list I posted people have to make not jokes.

I don’t like or use SFO and I’m not gonna debate its merits. I’m saying it’s stupid to tell people to ignore posts promoting Radious, which is what you were literally saying. New players should be given a heads up about Radious

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

JBP posted:

That's not exactly that arduous though. CA also said you can fine tune your own victory conditions as well. Empire expanding overseas makes sense and I'm sure there is a reason for them to want to take that territory.

Also if taking a particular territory or whatever to win the game is a chore, why are you playing?

e: like this is the mega campaign, of course the elves want to go to Everpeak. Someone needs to finally settle the war of the beards.

Is it currently possible to mod the victory conditions? I've completed the Vortex Victory as helfs and I 'd like to complete Domination victory without killing off main lizardmen factions

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I've made another small mod. This time it’s a very small and particular buff for Skaven Food. I selected 6 Resource buildings that fit lore wise and gave them 1 food total starting at fitting levels. I feel like this helps the Skaven with large empires, while not being unbalanced. I've also given 1 food to low Ports & 2 @ lvl 5 but am considering lowering that just to 1 across since there are so many major ports.

Finally, I added Food to 3 unique Landmarks, 2 to Clar Karond and Emerald Pools, and up to 3 Food for the Lothern Port @ level 3.

Check it out and tell me what you think!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1167206768

Since resource buildings were kinda lame for the barely trading Skaven, I feel this is a reasonable buff. I found mods that added food to a common building like Warrens or doubled output of Pastures changed the Skaven playstyle.

Truecon420 fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Oct 13, 2017

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Kanos posted:

The Skaven food mechanic honestly feels poorly thought out. It seems to be intended for you to care about balancing it, but with the way it works that's kind of impossible if you decide to go wide and map paint because of the flat penalty for every settlement under your control. You can mitigate it to some extent by making some nothing armies and raiding constantly but the wider you go the less that works because the % upkeep increase for more lords rapidly renders escalation in number of raiding armies unsustainable.

I pretty much just resigned to having it permanently at the worst possible level and not interacting with it anymore, considering that conquering Lustria will sit you at like -45 per turn just from settlements and I get about 22 food for killing 4000 people in a battle.

This mod (of mine) may interest you:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1167206768

It's a pretty balanced, small buff to skaven food by adding food to various levels of some specific resource building/landmarks. I feel skaven don't have too much use for resource building as they rarely trade, so this helps give those buildings more purpose. Also ports give a food.

Tell me if you think it's fair/balanced.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Someone earlier was saying how good Warp Lightning (Ruin) is if you can tie a unit down with summoned rats. Well, looks like they were right. Doubly so if the units you're targeting are jammed in a bunch on a wall, having come out of a siege tower.
EDIT: Sorry for huge image

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Would anyone else like to see CA take a crack at Total war Warhammer 40k, maybe like 5 years from now with new tech? I'm not sure if the map would be 3d/2d or have planet battles or what not but just the idea seems really cool to me.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Fans posted:

A SSD seemed to speed turn times up to make them almost trivial for me, never had an issue with Attila either

Yeah, It's really not that bad with a SSD. Especially after around 50 turns when a ton of factions have died off. It's only the beginning of each campaign that has longer load times, but I guess that's what most people experience

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Has anyone gotten as skaven the minor settlement defense map that's all foggy with a bunch of dead trees? There's a corner on that map where you cant be flanked and have insane high ground and you can do terrible terrible things.

Kroq came at me with a stack of solo carnos and big dinos and a normal stack and this happened

https://imgur.com/a/o5WK3

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Hm yes imagine if people had been commenting and offering their opinions on the map for a day or two in the thread dedicated to the game here at Something Awful, and then this video came out and they ever so slightly had to revise their previous statements. It's a good thing didn't happen, it would have been catastrophic.

ARe you on drugs/sleep deprived? Jesus man chill out and take care of yourself.

Anyway that trailer was sick, glad they put in dwarf v elf. As a dwarf I personally will never war with the elf’s, my friends in the battle against chaos. Also how did Karl Franz get into lustria in that one screenshot? It seems like the mini map in that screenshot isn’t showing the whole map, as norsca isn’t in it. Might be showing the south and west border though

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Map is out!! Looks like some surprise room in southeastern corner. Also goes a little further west than I thought. Teclis start is really strange now

Link to the tweet with high res version:
https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/921319107861057536

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Truecon420 fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Oct 20, 2017

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Rookersh posted:

It looks dumb, and has less information then the WH1 screen.

We've lost lore, character information, and now have a loving scroll wheel. It's just going to get worse as more races are added as well.

I agree, it sucks that it doesn't have that lore and especially map start position info. And the scroll wheel is gonna be a pain with so many lords. I preferred when it was organized by faction, but I guess it's easier to compare?

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Gejnor posted:

It was someone elses suggestion (on discord no less) but i really liked the idea! I do agree it was a nice and possibly needed upgrade but it did feel a bit too strong, so this is a nice trade-off indeed, im guessing if they are going this route then perhaps if they add a 1 point skill it will further boost your normal dudes + greatswords in some way!

Is there a total war discord or your personal discord? I'm learning modding a bit but can't figure out how to change victory conditions

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Panfilo posted:

Oh, and it also looks like they changed some hero skills. My runesmith no longer gets a growth passive (which BLOWS, since that could get cranked to +36 growth I think which was hugely beneficial for Dwarves). Nor does he get Immortality as an option which I'm not sure is a bug, intended, or will change when Norsca update drops.

They are going to update the old world skill trees with the next big update

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

packetmantis posted:

Has that mod that made the Wood Elf minor settlements bigger been updated yet? I feel weird and naked with all these tiny towns.

The one that allowed the wood elves to build to tier 3 in every province capital/main city? I liked that one too. I don’t think it’s too hard to mod, and probably similar to the code from the first one for WH1. Maybe someone can port that over

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

sassassin posted:

That guy was asking for paypal donations on a mod he stole entire. I posted one comment that that specifically was pretty scummy behaviour.

Oh man Mixu is pissed. He even added this line to his Unique Agents Mod description "and remember kids, don't use someone else's scripts without asking"

Guess he just really wanted you to ask cuz he implies he would have given permission. I mean I guess your language about you using his scripts could have been more thankful or something??

Edit: Congrats on the mod's release btw, saw you working on that for weeks

Truecon420 fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Nov 28, 2017

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Gitro posted:

Do you play with the great power penalty? Turning it down/off makes diplomacy way less aggravating. Probably a bit too easy at the backend but really by the time you're past turn 50 it's a question of how much time you're willing to spend navigating the UI, not how much money you have.

I need a mod that’s makes it so that one broken NAP/trade agreement doesn’t tank your reliability rating to unreliable for 30 turns

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Gitro posted:

Idk how, but I managed to replicate the not moving after projectile = no ability cd bug on a new skill. Oh well. It also doesn't seem possible to create recursive projectiles and I'm very sad.

There's a mod that removes diplo rating penalties entirely. I can probably do a variant that just lowers the penalty if that's too much. Be warned: the person that uploaded that is apparently a dirty thief who ported it from someone else's WH1 mod, but the original modder doesn't seem to have uploaded theirs so :shrug:

If you could make such a mod I’d really appreciate it! I’ve seen a lot of people asking for something similar, so I think it’d be popular. I really don’t need much of a change here, Something like lessening the penalty based on the type of deal that was broken and maybe a reduction in the number of turns your rating is ranked for. Thank you!!

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Gitro posted:

Took longer than I meant to, but here you go. I'm not exactly sure what the 1 to 1 relationship is between the numbers I changed and what happens when you break treaties (I have a feeling it's number of turns penalised), but I made the big numbers lower and people get less mad when you're a filthy backstabbing liar now. Break trade agreements at will, break NAPs sooner and with less penalty and a few other things.

That’s perfect! Thank you so much!

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Sorry if someone has already posted this, but what does “ The Greenskins and Wurrzag can now build more resource buildings” mean from the patch notes? Will they get special bonuses from new resources now, or just access to those resources

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Please tell me this is real

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Just took Lahmia as Settra, and there's a special building flag next to the city name on the campaign map, but there's no special building to build?

Has anyone else experienced this? I checked the building browser and it showed no special building aside from the city chain itself. Why does it have a special building flag? It's a famous 10-slot so I'd expect it to at least have one

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Through a combination of mods, diplomacy mechanics, and sheer luck I was finally able to confederate Arkhan with Settra in ME. He didn't give me his Book o Nagash but he has his mount and weapons and works fine in battle.

Not sure if anyone else wanted to break the lore like this, I can try and tell how I went about it if people are interested.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Aurubin posted:

Once you complete the 4th ritual you're locked into permanent war with all the vortex seeking factions just to say.

Not necessarily permenant, if you have vassalize anyfaction mod you can force them down to one settlement then subjugate them. Then they will be diplomable. l think you can do something similar with liberate as vassals mod.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Gay Horney posted:

What's the point of a mechanic that breaks the ai and forces you to sit back with your armies and raid your own poo poo to solve. Food being anything other than juice for menace below was a mistake

Skaven AI isn’t affected by food!

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Acute Grill posted:

I think each faction has 1 or 2 techs that are disproportionately useful, and everything else literally doesn't matter.

That's like straight up not true. What factions are you playing? For most factions, if you don't think techs are useful, you're not paying attention. Most techs have +growth to buildings that can have a huge effect early on. Tons of factions have like +2 public order which can make a huge difference. Bonuses to army regen and recruitment capacity, all those things matter.

Acute Grill posted:

Personally, those marginal buffs to your basic infantry are the most aggravating. If you research every single one of them and have the right Lord leveled up on their red tree enough your Tier 1 infantry will almost be as good as your Tier 2 infantry. Of course, by this point you're able to recruit full stacks of tier 3 (great weapons and shields) units so that was clearly a great use of your time.

Those marginal buffs to basic are huge early game, which is often the most difficult part. If you have 5-7 units of ranged dwarfs 10% reload can make a huge dps difference.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Don't think this has been posted, but someone somehow made a mod that allows REGION TRADING with your allies.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1376337924

The author admits it's gonna be developed more, as all you can do for now is buy regions from your allies. You must have more than 50 approval/rep with them And at least one region in the same province to buy it, but that's for balance. Says he's gonna look into giving regions to allies, which would be sweet. Either way, a lot of people have been waiting for something like this.

Why has CA avoided implementing this? Balance issues? Lore reasons? If factions were limited only being able to buy or receive parts of their loreful home region, that'd be a good way to balance as well.

Truecon420 fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 3, 2018

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Gejnor posted:

No tuesday newsday today...

Buuut...

“Grace_CACreative Assembly 18 points 3 hours ago
there's some thrones news“
:(
Edit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/8jl20r/around_what_time_on_the_day_have_the_previous/dz0h3lh/
Apparently people on reddit are not taking this well. “Please be patient”
Was it this?
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/thrones-balance-update

Truecon420 fucked around with this message at 17:48 on May 15, 2018

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Why are the dwarves either conquering the entire old world or during our in first 50 turns? CA must be having trouble w/ AI balance.

Can some of ya post a list of mods you like/ use? I just got back into the game and a lot of mine are out of date. I don’t need detailed descriptions. Just general UI or camping changes, usually don’t like additional units less lore/balance fitting or graphical mods

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Kaza42 posted:

Yeah, this actually might be the issue. I double checked, and the mod maker just posted a comment saying that an update is coming but don't use this mod until then it causes breaks.

You should also check the page for Legendary Lord Respec because apparently people were having some issues in the comments. But most comment posters aren’t the brightest. Still I think it’d be the mod most likely to mess up besides better artefacts

Vargs posted:

Didn't have a problem getting Wulfrik's quest sword while using all of those mods except the following:
So I assume the issue is with one of those. Or maybe it's Gelt-specific.

You don’t use building progression icons?

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Choyi posted:

Liberate factions mod is cute and all, but I found it was just a hassle to use with the revived ones becomming ur allies, since nearly every time the liberated faction would then either be declared on by my friends or other way around, tanking my diplo rating and not accomplishing anything in terms of bringing that faction back to life.

The liberate factions mod that toasterwarrior is referring explicitly prevents this by turning the factions you liberate into vassals and not allies. You're probably thinking of the liberate all factions mod?

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Choyi posted:

Will that prevent other factions of declaring on your liberated vassal buddy tho? Thought it worked simialr to how it was with allies in that regard.

It prevents your vassal from declaring on others, which was one of the two things you talked about originally. But yeah I reccomend that region trading mod as well it’s amazing, And can help further address the problem

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

Anyone got any Tips/Tricks for WE (Orion) Start? I got some interesting mods like Old World Rites for them, seems interesting.

I also made a really small mod for the Wood Elves that removes the amber cost of only 2 "elite" units per WE faction. For Trees Glade Riders and Wardancers and Welves Great Eagle, Hawk Riders. Tried to make it balanced and kinda loreful. I'm open to balancing suggestions or other comments! Check it out:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1460797459

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

John Charity Spring posted:

You can make friends with the Bretonnians pretty easily but you'll want to take Parravon at least (you start out at war with them, and have military access through Carcassonne to help) and then maybe taking out Bordeleaux can be good to secure you a port. Keeping the rest sweet is easy, but Carcassonne are likely to get shat on by rats and you can maybe eat up their territory then too, which gives you a nice route to Estalia and all those ports that you can buff up to 400% income through tech.

Alliances will be your big way of getting amber to upgrade the Oak of Ages - Bretonnia, Empire, and Dwarfs are all prime candidates for this. It's up to you whether you make friends with the high elves or not, but I recommend at least taking Avelorn if you can, and if you're really ambitious then Lothern itself is worthwhile for you too as it (like Gaean Vale in Avelorn) is a full-fledged settlement, not just an outpost. The Herald of the Hunt office is really good and gives huge bonuses for the herald's army every so often, so make use of that. All your archers are super good. Eternal Guard with shields are a very competent frontline, and you can use wardancers and wildwood rangers as specialists of a sort (office holders can buff them up a lot). Wild Riders are incredibly good 'light' cavalry and glade riders are probably the easiest to use ranged cavalry in the game thanks to their long range. Favour the red melee line of lord skills to boost every single unit's armour and attack. Your armies will punch way above their weight.

When it comes to amber management, aim to keep a reasonable surplus (at least 10) once this is feasible. By the time you can confederate your fellow wood elves, they'll probably have tier 5 settlements, which means a net loss in amber when you confederate, so be careful with that - but confederation is extremely worthwhile anyway and will supercharge your economy and all that.

All in all you're well placed to do a lot of things as Orion. Don't worry too much about the weakness of outposts - you can deal with it and wood elves are a really fun Mortal Empires campaign regardless.

Wow, this was incredibly, incredibly helpful. thank you so much