Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013

SirPhoebos posted:

So even if we don't need to make the AI dwarf fix over-complicated, I still feel that the Grudge mechanic needs to be spiced up. As it stands the player has no reason to not keep the meter as low as possible, and I feel that it would be more interesting to get your faction to a preferred level of grudginess like with Skaven corruption. Balance the unrest penalties with army bonuses that apply both generally and especially in situations that can resolve the grudge (when attacking the target army or settlement). In addition, each LL has a unique way of interacting with grudges, giving a preferred Grudge level based on which one you pick:

-Thorgim should want to keep the book as clear as possible, in part because having a lot of grudges weighs The Book down and makes him slower in battle. To allow him to do this Thorgrim has the ability to manage grudges. While he can never just erase one without resolving it, he can create new ones and transfer grudge impatience between two difference grudges.

-Ungrim can use grudges to instant-recruit special Slayer units (this may work better as a battle summon). The number you can have is based on your grudge level, and losing them in battle increases the impatience for all the grudges. So Ungrim wants to have a low simmer of grudges, but needs to be careful about them spiraling out of control.

-Belegar of course starts with the Eight Peaks Grudge, but he has the option of deferring new grudges until after K8P is taken. This puts pressure on that grudge, and when you defer a grudge that means you actually have to ignore it for the time being, or else you take a leadership hits because everyone wonders what the gently caress you are doing. When you re-take K8P, you get a 10-turn Grudge Honeymoon, where you have a chance to resolve all the deferred grudges before they come back in full force.

-Grombrindal starts with a randomly determined grudge against a major faction. The higher the grudge meter, the stronger Grom as a unit gets. At max meter, Grom is like Vlad and Kroq-Gar roled into one.

This is beautiful. I love the idea of different Legendary Lords dealing with grudges differently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013
as much as we all love raging on the DLC delays for warhammer II and I admit I am disappointed, has anyone tried dwarfs since the latest greenskin buff? I am having the time of my life and kinda getting my rear end kicked.

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013
This loving patch has brought my computer to its knees. 61mg fix my rear end. did they use magic to offload the turn time reductions to their patcher?

not how I wanted to spend free time.

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013
I decided to start a Belegar campaign after the patch because reasons (addicted to stunties) and things have been very interesting. I have been playing wackamole and grimgor is still alive as is azhag and oh hey vlad has 27 territories... this is fine.

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013

checks out.

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013
I pretty much just want dwarves and chaos dwarves. I am pretty happy with the wood elves though.

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013

punishedkissinger posted:

they also nerfed his buffs to melee attack for some reason. He didn't seem that powerful to me so I really don't get this.

They noted specifically in the patch that Ungrim is now hard to knock down. possible balance change due to the fact he actually manages to keep damage on target now.

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

Hope you like ten to fifteen foot of gork casts.

that combination sounds TERRIBLE. RIP your army?

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013
I think that reworking how archers function would do a lot for the dwarves, but I would also really like their runecrafting and runesmithing to be more powerful and fun.

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I like that this infers there's different rankings of Skullcrushers.

I want to see the Wimpy Skullcrushers.

I really appreciated this and wanted you to know it made me smile.

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013

Muscle Tracer posted:

DoW3 maps also have all the love and character of a competitive Starcraft map. It feels totally sterile compared to 1, which had like ten races in it, or 2, which had pretty good voice acting and detailed maps you got to know.

Dawn of war 3 was a huge disappointment. I didn't finish the campaign and I had loved the earlier games.

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013
I just want to know my Dwarf rework. I am very psyched about the Ogres as well to be fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013

Zore posted:

Strong stance in a world where Dwarves exist.

That's a grudgin! Have you not seen the magnificent beards?