Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ze Pollack posted:

if you want to imagine the future, imagine a triceratops stomping on an elven face, forever

More like triceradrops. :haw:

As I'm posting this I found out that triceradrops is a name of a DJ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Third World Reggin posted:

Time to put the skaven on hold

the faction unlocker is working for the first games base races but not the paid DLC races

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1158985864

Pfft...Couldn't handle the Skaven I see.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I got half way done with africa and it is all undead from here on out

or, I can be african orks and go on a rumble

Back to the jungle with ye.

Do Wood Elves or Beastmen work with the unlocker?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Deakul posted:

I really don't like how condensed the Mortal Empires map is.

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/76esi2/the_mortal_empires_campaign_map_with_province/

There's almost no point to even having water separating the continents anymore, christ.
Look how much of the loving jungle they hacked off too. :qq:

Condensed is a good thing here.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

first cheater mods and now this!

Radious when?

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Please do not appoint yourself in charge of discourse, or try to declare what is and is not acceptable for other people to discuss. Especially when you were wrong - it was the real map and there was no reason other people should wait to comment to satisfy you, a person that is simply inhibiting discourse from being 100% wrong.

Hey nerd, simmer down. None of us want stupid slap fights about poo poo that may or may not be an issue. It's not like this thing isn't coming out soon which will allow us to gauge exactly how it plays out and THEN get into stupid slap fights about how triggered we are because the flora and fauna aren't modeled precisely the way we envisioned.

Stanley Pain fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Oct 19, 2017

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

If you guys have feedback suggestions or find any bugs, send them into his steam community discussion on the mod page. He has been rather responsive and quick to fix the smaller things people are finding.

Thanks for wasting all my spare time with this mod. :D

It's really good. Dryads with vanguard are hilariously strong.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

I turned off Choices and Consequences just to see what the base game with Advanced AI is like and I think I'm liking it more than C & C. In C & C I was constantly going near bankrupt with less than 2 full stacks that barely had any restricted units in it, while AI seemed to always have double the restricted amount in it (I know, they probably just had more buildings than me), C and C just seemed a little too challenging in its current iteration, as opposed to adding to the fun.

C&C is actually a terrible mod. Not sure why everyone has gone gaga over it.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
If you have terrible taste.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Surprise Giraffe posted:

Is there a comprehensive list somewhere of what's in it that I'm too dumb to find or can anyone tell me if the vamp get to run at 60 like in good mods?

I'm not sure what you mean run at 60?

I think the 3 big mods are

C&C

Steel Faith

and everyone's favourite Radious.

Radious tend to homogenize everything which is why I don't like it, Steel Faith is pretty well balanced but not sure if Nazis or not and C&C attempts something neat but the majority of changes to units feel off. Try all of them one by one and see which one you like. I tend to play with Steel Faith. I'm sure each one of these mods has a big run down of the who, what, where, why ;)

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

pretty sure that's pizza grease

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Anno posted:

Takes a lot of work, especially in the art, to make all the cool poo poo. You don’t really need to purchase the DLC unless it’s a faction you want to play as. They’ll be in the game as AI to play against just in the base game. So you can start with that and just add on what you want as sales come around. TWW1 is usually available for 75% off during sales, too.

And then you see all the sync kill animations and you start throwing :20bux: at your screen while you :flashfap:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Anno posted:

Also it pisses off stupid internetsmen for good measure.

I'm almost certain that CA knows that this pisses off a small, vocal part of their user base and as such enjoys toying with them. I love it.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It’s so loving goofy that they killed off Warhammer fantasy immediately before the by-far most mainstream and successful Warhammer fantasy games came out.

Pretty much par the course for GW decision making then eh? :laugh:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
What does that mean? I've re-read that like 10 times and my brain can't seem to parse it.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kanos posted:

I imagine someone's going to mod it within a day or so.

There's already like 2-3 mods out right now.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Oblivious posted:

*jurassic park theme intensifies*

:nsfw:

https://i.imgur.com/JywXMrb.gif

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Yarrington posted:

Is it just me or is the lizard man half of this dlc... real underwhelming? The empire stuff is good but 'a bigger dinosaur' and 'a halfassed horde faction'...Compared to how great the Skaven v lizard pack was it's a step down.

Just you.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Siege chat. Run the no Siege mod and never have to deal with another stupid siege battle again :)

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Duggler posted:

The mod that allows Nakai's vassal to build normally is a great idea. I can help them capture some land and then hold it against public order/corruption while they build it up without having to worry about actually building an empire myself. Its the campaign I've always wanted. Its interesting and having a vassal that grows in power based on how much you help might be cool and fun

Link to mod please.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone else ever run into an issue where the game doesn't save your settings?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Cynic Jester posted:

Download a mod that makes your Vassal an active AI so it builds armies instead of sitting there, drooling.

This

Enigma posted:

Kroxigors, and more kroxigors.

And also Sacred Kroxigors.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
My last play through I had Nakai with something along the lines of 120 speed and 100+ charge bonus. He could win charges against heavy cav :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Collapsing Farts posted:

Let me invade the realm of chaos and summon Gork and Mork to bully the chaos gods

*checks gauges*

It's Krumpin' Time!