Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

BillBear posted:

Isn't Turin not only good, but he also isn't boring or a complete rear end in a top hat.

yes Turin is A+, very chill

Party Elite also very good, rather serious but in a good way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

always be closing posted:

I watched a couple videos on PartyElites YouTube channel of the online battles in tw:w2, it looks really fun. Will this game be worth buying if all I want to do is play those types of matches?

Do the online lobbies generally devolve into constant queues into cheesy broken builds?

Game looks awesome, almost like what I'd imagine a digital version of the table top game to look like.

Really the only cheesy broken builds are ones that are not fun to play against and in 250 hours of multiplayer I've only seen them a handful of times. Games that I disconnect immediately are 1)all gyro-copter dwarf army and 2)almost all flying wood elf army with hidden heroes. I've put probably 80% of my time into multiplayer in all the total war games, so I'd say it is worth it. I've also put more time in singleplayer Warhammer than any Total War title since Napoleon. 1v1 quick matches take like 2 minutes to find a game.

You could also just buy a cdkey for the first game ($25) to test out the multiplayer, it's fully integrated with Warhammer 2.

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Sep 27, 2017

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Away all Goats posted:

So is there any reason to keep the first game installed after I install the 2nd one? I heard there was a combined world map now? Or is that coming later?

Coming later - supposed to be a few weeks.

I guess you would need to keep the first game installed if you wanted to play 1) the old world campaign 2) beastmen dlc campaign 3) woodelves dlc campaign.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Making genius level AI would be completely useless to most players, of which I estimate 95% would reload if they ever lost a battle.

The current AI actually performs quite well even vs a player when it can take advantage of its strengths (controlling an unlimited # of units at one instant). 40 vs 40 battles are great if your computer can handle them, and I wish the series would crack the 20 unit limit armies have had for a long time.

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Sep 27, 2017

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Am I an idiot or is there no way to play as the old world factions even in custom battle at the moment?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Archaeology Hat posted:

Apparently it's being added with the combined campaign.

**fartz**

It sure seemed like they were giving the impression that you could still use all the old factions in multiplayer, not that it would be tied to the crossover campaign. :(

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Uh in Warhammer 1 did units leave control groups if they routed?

I don't recall this happening before. I'd really prefer that not happen.

I've noticed in multiplayer that almost every unit now has a cap on the # you can bring, this is good.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

InevitableCheese posted:

Ah so this is just a pre-established guy? I was worried I sunk a few hours in and the run was shot due to slow development.

He is one of the legendary lords for the Greenskins. What makes him legendary is that in most games he stomps around the south of the map and powers up pretty strong and has habit of coming out of nowhere to bash the dwarf human player.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Innerguard posted:

Is it just me or is the standard line infantry for Dark Elves utter dogshit? I thought their line of spears and shields was supposed to be hardcore, or am I confusing the dreaded lore (and possible warhammer online blackguard experience?)

Cost is the best true indicator of how bad rear end a unit is. Dark Elf base spear dudes are 450.

That's fine to fight it out with other factions T1 infantry and crush some of the lovely ones (skeletons, skaven, ect) but definitely not in the 'bad rear end dudes' category. Probably gonna get bashed pretty hard by some lizard infantry who cost around 700 though.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Pre-release I was expecting them to be another case of the luminark of hyst since the projectile looks similar and them being useless and never firing, is that not the case?

well you get 3 per unit, so by my rat math, that makes them at least 3x better than a luminark

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Lol when you see the entire map laid out in one shot it really shows how incredibly lazy GW's design of the warhammer world is. I mean it's barely altered at all.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Mans posted:

How the hell can you get such beautiful lightning? My game is all on Ultra but still feels very jacked up.

Yea I feel like he must be using an external shader like ReShade, because mine looks like excite-o-color. I even tweaked gamma/brightness. It's a big swing from the first game where I felt many maps were too dark and the shadows cast on unit models were also too dark.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Any new info on the Mortal Empires map release? Been traveling a while and not up to speed with the latest TW news.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
With tomb kings on the horizon I wonder what their plan is for chariots. I don't really find any chariots worth bringing except for the monster ap chariots that Chaos get.

For everyone else id just as well bring cavalry instead. Cav can charge just as well plus they can tie up large single targets (giants/dragons) to prevent escape.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Wow they really did stick to a few weeks.

Warhammer total war feels like it's not only the most successful money wise for CA but also internal development wise. They are just humming along on their paid-dlc and free-Dlc schedules.

I guess it helps that the staff is probably huge biased on all the cash it's making them.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Helion posted:

Does anyone know if you need to have Warhammer 1 installed for Mortal Empires, or just owned? I could use the space on my SSD.

Just owned in your steam library, you can save your ssd space.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Ynglaur posted:

Is there a mod that reduces tactical banner sizes to something smaller than a circus tent?

There is a slider for banner size in the interface options menu (can access in battle) or hold space in battle to turn off on the panel on the right.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

JBP posted:

I've never played the Norsca campaign should I load up TW1 and do it?

Yea its dope, do it

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Ho Chi Minh Holiday Inn posted:

speaking of elf genocide, and by that i mean genocide, of elves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d3SYGYjSgg

excellent use of command and conquer generals music, which owns

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Zore posted:

Combination of a lot of things. Healing got nerfed, the Fay Enchantress got nerfed into oblivion, most other faction's infantry got buffed while theirs didn't, none of their lores of magic got significantly buffed from the magic overhaul, and in general most other factions got way better tools for taking out things like the Bretonnian goon squads so its harder to lord snipe. Also direct damage spells being good and aimable means their chaff gets roasted and their archers are basically a liability. And the advent of Dragons means they no longer have the strongest air force. And Tempest/Warpgale means their air game gets shut down hard.

Also all the new world factions take a huge dump on Cav in one way or another.

I haven’t spent much time on Warhammer 2s multi, but what changed with healing for Bret?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
The bug to give the AI leadership penalties instead of bonuses is pretty silly though

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Fidel Cuckstro posted:

Is there anything on the unit cards or elsewhere that shows whether a ranged weapon is arced fired or direct?

Particularly wondering about empire grenade launchers...

Try them out in a custom battle and see?

Good question on the empire grenade launchers, I assume it would be arch but you never know.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Mordja posted:

Curious to see the patchnotes that come with this DLC. I know that Empire went from being a top-tier faction to drat near the bottom, what with a pretty significant Handgunner bug and the model count increase actually being a big nerf to Demis.

What’s the bug with Handgunners?

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jan 16, 2018

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

peer posted:

I hope there will be a mod soon to get rid of the goofy swirly ~mAgiC~ visual effect on constructs

Turning down one of the graphic options does that, I think it’s effects?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

kingcom posted:

Who would win, the greatest knights humanity has ever seen, imbued by the power of the Lady vs some boney bois.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
What’s the scoop on the TK catapult? I don’t have the dlc yet, and the multiplayer Youtube guys don’t seem to use it. I hope it doesn’t suck :(

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Ridiculous statements aside, the warhammer total war games are legit the only games I’ve had to edit the in game gamma settings because the lighting was jacked.

If anyone is having problems fiddle with the gamma and contrast bars.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Did they ever fix the idiot bug making handgunners race into melee because of LOS issues?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Third World Reggin posted:

Mortis engines must be in combat to leech life or whatever it did.

Did the leech get buffed? Vamps are in real rough shape in quite a few matchups even before they change.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

jokes posted:

I know they do something like this for metrics, but they also, I guess, tend to ignore it sometimes. Dwarfpocalypse was so annoying.

Also, has anyone figured out a way to have late-game enemy factions use mid-tier/low-tier units sometimes? It's annoying fighting only Black Orcs, Giants, and Doom Divers forever. I like the giant/troll armies, but I'd rather just fight savage orcs instead of this bullshit.

Is the Choice & Consequence still the go to pick for this? I haven’t used it in a while (multi these days), but it was solid before.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Frog Act posted:

This mod that adds a whole elector counts storyline and prevents war between imperial provinces is awesome, I also love the addition of regular bowmen to the empire

SFO is awesome, my armies feel much more valuable and the enemy seems smarter

Is the elector counts part of SFO?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Anyone have some favorite lightweight mods for Mortal Empires to suggest?

I haven’t played much ME, so I don’t need some huge overall that changes everything to keep it fresh. Maybe mods like improved AI army composition, etc. We might be playing a co op campaign with the mods if that is important.

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Nov 19, 2019

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Kalessin ofSelidor posted:

So granted idk if Mixu LL classifies as lightweight or not (like it doesn’t change the ruleset or rosters or any buildings or massive things) but it’s become one of my faves. It’s nice having more options for playable factions and the unique flavors of many of them through their skill trees is nice. Even playing as a non-mod LL/faction is more enjoyable than playing ME without the mods. I imagine a co-op campaign would also be great with the extra lords/factions unlocked.

Which particular Mixu mod are you talking about? I see quite a few on the workshop and they all look relatively similar.

Thanks to everyone for throwing out their mod recommendations!

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Ammanas posted:

the only tolerable youtube total war warhammer person is turin. everyone else is either tedious, bad at the game, or an annoying loving rear end in a top hat

Turin #1 agreedo

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
What’s the multiplayer meta like these days? I’ve been out of the loop since the second game’s release, but I played a ton in WH1

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

fool of sound posted:

That's a really expansive question. The only real across-the-board things are "single entities are real good" and "magic is real good".

How’s balance these days? Do any of the tournaments ban/cap specific units because they are busted?

How are my boys, Warriors if Chaos? Dumpster tier still?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
A lot of folks online elsewhere are going on about a needed hotfix, but they don't say what the big bugs are. What did CA jack up with the last DLC that needs a patch so bad? I assume it's something worse than just goofy balance on units/factions.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

lurksion posted:

The big one is VC, VCoast?, Lizardmen never recruiting another army.

Ooof that is a big one, but looks like the community bug fix mod has resolved it

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

terrorist ambulance posted:

hundreds of hours in, I still do not understand know how to get my loving lords to attack other lords while in the middle of an infantry scrum. keep losing loving battles because my vampire is attacking random dipshit spearmen while getting focused down by their lord.

You really need to spam attack commands in those kinds of situations. Just like with trying to pull a unit out of melee, you need to click the gently caress out of it.

Th AIs logic goes like this - attack enemy lord, ok got it, *then while waiting for next attack interval*, oh no ive been hit by a spearman unit, I must fight back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Kaza42 posted:

Teclis is a lot of fun if you use a climate mod and that one mod that lets you start anywhere. I've moved him to the badlands, to kislev, or the southlands. All a lot of fun. Literally anywhere but where he starts

Sounds cool - what is the mod name that lets you start anywhere?