Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Wheany posted:

my firefox has gotten a really good new feature: it has stopped loading the comments on youtube.

but also it won't load channel pages without a reload, that's less good.

can't wait until websites just throw you out if you aren't using chrome like they used to with ie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

there's a really easy fix for this: works4me

that was my method in the past

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

pram posted:

pleased to report chrome is working as expected

reporting all your activities to mountain view?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
have something to hide, citizen?

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

pram posted:

have something to hide, citizen?

Yeah, your posts :grin:

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

carry on then posted:

can't wait until websites just throw you out if you aren't using chrome like they used to with ie

so far ive found this is mostly an issue with googles own stuff

hangouts video doesnt work
u2f doesnt work

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Wheany posted:

my firefox has gotten a really good new feature: it has stopped loading the comments on youtube.

but also it won't load channel pages without a reload, that's less good.

probably your adblock, youtube likes to entangle playing the ads with all kinds of other things to make plucking them out impact functionality

also google being terrible at doing actually working compatible web stuff, as likely as not they'll just make firefox also put up the "why not use chrome" popups users of edge get, rather than fix the thing

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

the comments seems to load slowly for me sometimes and ill honestly admit this is nice because the video plays fine like someone realized the intent of youtube is videos not comments

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

i think they changed it so comments don't load unless you scroll down

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

HoboMan posted:

i think they changed it so comments don't load unless you scroll down

Yeah, it's been like that for months now.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

heyo wrong thread thought this was the terrible programmer's one

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

heyo wrong thread thought this was the terrible programmer's one

it's yospos, terrible programmers post in every thread

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

video load stuttering went away again :iiam:

Kesshan
Jan 29, 2010

is firefox good again yet? i switched to vivaldi and it's okay but it does weird things like crashing sometimes because the forums are open and also shoving gifs into the wrong place on the page.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

yeah it's good

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
As an effete font noticer it's still bad

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

it's less bad than vivaldi at least

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
If I leave the user cp open for a while in a tab my cpu usage shoots up, then goes back to normal once I close the tab. Is it because of the animated thread icons?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Dodoman posted:

If I leave the user cp open for a while in a tab my cpu usage shoots up, then goes back to normal once I close the tab. Is it because of the animated thread icons?

yeah, having 20 animated gifs on every page of SA means high cpu usage

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Kesshan posted:

i switched to vivaldi

lol

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

carry on then posted:

i'd be thankful for this since i'd never use the internet again

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

carry on then posted:

they already do this sort of, i run into that poo poo when using safari

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

cool the latest update has caused firefox's rendering to go totally off the rails

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Rex-Goliath posted:

cool the latest update has caused firefox's rendering to go totally off the rails

works for me on steve os 10 point whatever

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
Soon they’ll throw people out on desktop browsers altogether. They’ll tell you to stop being a weirdo and use a phone or tablet.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
firefox 59 seems to have corrupted the gently caress out of my session. new tabs i open work fine, but like two thirds of my preexisting ones just completely fail to load pages

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

rolled back to 58 and everything is working fine again

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Rex-Goliath posted:

user error

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Plorkyeran posted:

firefox 59 seems to have corrupted the gently caress out of my session. new tabs i open work fine, but like two thirds of my preexisting ones just completely fail to load pages

oh, that might have happened with my install as well, except i also lost all my user styles from stylus and a bunch of user javascript files too.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

for me it'd look *almost* blank like the page had failed to completely load but elements would be glitching all over the screen and if i'd highlight parts of the page sometimes I'd be able to make text appear. only add-ons i have installed is 1pass and ublock

tried wiping and reinstalling and got the same issue. 58 is working fine

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Wheany posted:

oh, that might have happened with my install as well, except i also lost all my user styles from stylus and a bunch of user javascript files too.

stylus but not stylish corrupted once on me recently, maybe around the 57 shift since i was porting styles until stylish released a compatible version

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

firefox still sucks at rendering or there's some setting somewhere that's doing this

it's only on sa too

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

no, that's just from lowtax breaking the css a few months ago

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it's web pages secretly revealing that they are lizard people

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Stymie posted:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Progressive JPEG posted:

it's broken in some magical ways then (i know, i know, css). the artifacting happens at random, and it happens to text too

Stymie posted:

web pages aren't people. stop messing with my head

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Progressive JPEG posted:

I doubt it.

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

it's broke for me in cjome so

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

started getting that video playback stutter in Vivaldi too! I disabled accelerated video playback and it went away. maybe my video card is having issues? or could it be the motherboard I cheaped out on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

it's because windows is really bad

• Locked thread