Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
N. Senada

My kidneys are busted
looking over that post and being like Neo in the Matrix going

'whoa'

:ghost: Happy halloween :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

wikipedia posted:

Next to the usage of tarot cards to divine for others, often for a price, tarot is also used widely as a device for personal advice and spiritual growth.[citation needed] Whereas professional tarot is often seen as a scam (see Criticism, below), personal usage of tarot cannot be regarded as such, as there would be nothing to gain from scamming oneself.
Whoa, so I can do this on myself? That's cool. The issue is that I don't know what the hell any of these Tarot cards mean. I'm going to go ahead and use a different set of cards with which I am more intimately familiar to answer the question, "Will I find love?"

Issue - Chromeshell Crab
The exchange of the control of other cards reflects the exchange of one's being with a lover's being. This card seems to be indicating that the type of relationship I seek is not one that is completely selfless, but rather one in which the lovers give their best selves to each other. Hidden within this card mechanic is a dire warning. The way that this card typically plays out is that you give your opponent something that harms her, while taking her best thing for yourself. Approaching a relationship in the same way surely dooms it to failure.

I'm not sure how to interpret the morph ability. It could be that this card coming out of nowhere from a lowly 2/2 is telling me to embrace the spontaneous nature of love, or it could be that I'm supposed to lie low and wait until I get to know a girl well before asking her out (just as this card hangs out as a morphed creature for a while before unmorphing). Either way, it appears that finding love will be less about changing something deep within myself, and more about mustering up enough mana for the morph cost.

Crossing - Rewind
It's amazing to me that out of the tens of thousands of cards that have ever been printed, so far I have picked two cards that I have actually cast in games. In any case, this card's meaning in this position is obvious to me - I am still obsessed with the girl I dated two years ago. We were only together in person for a month before she moved out of the country, but that hasn't stopped me from forming a fixation around her. I still talk to her occasionally, but she has made it clear that she doesn't want to date me again.

I'm not so full of myself as to think that I would be enjoying great romantic success if I had never met her, but I do think that my thoughts about her are absolutely a "crossing" to overcome. I often compare other girls to her, and it's much easier for me to think about what went wrong with her than what could go right with other girls. It's clear to me that I wish to rewind back to when we were together, counter our breakup, and untap with a fresh set of lands ready to invest in her in all the ways I failed to invest in her before. However, that's not possible. I need to find the fortitude to hold my rewind in my hand and let our breakup resolve.

Subconscious - Young Pyromancer

This weirdass leather twink is not what I was expecting. Is the spirit of Richard Garfield calling me gay? In any case, it could be that I have had opportunities for love, but have burned them by, uh, hastily flinging fire elementals at them? I'm at a loss. Although, it is to be expected that subconscious issues are tough to identify. That's why they're subconscious. Let's just move on; this guy is making me uncomfortable.

Conscious - Blazethorn Scarecrow

According to the cards, I consciously view myself as this scarecrow, plodding along in the darkness, searching for a light-filled world (Lorwyn) that is gone forever. I certainly feel like a roaming creature a lot of the time. Most days I have to travel for my job. This is tough because it makes me feel like I have no permanent home anywhere, which also interferes with dating. Like this creature, I could also be overly desperate; a red creature, a green creature, it doesn't matter, I just can't be complete by myself. More specifically, I have no "color" or identity of my own, just what I am able to steal from others. All of these things are true, but it's not clear to me how to fix them. Perhaps we should delve deeper.

Past - Jetting Glasskite

It's true that I was a lot freer in the past than I am now. This freewheeling guy both flies and has a regenerating "armor" that counters things that harm him, and likewise, a few years ago, I had all these crazy ambitions that I was working on, and I would ask out random girls on the street (I blame BYOB for telling me to do this; BYOB was a different place back then), and nothing seemed to bother me. I even decided to literally "jet" to Europe and live there for close to a year, which is where I met the girl I can't shut up about. These days I am more cautious and have thinner skin. I don't really want my heart broken again.

Alternately, this card could represent that girl. She was also a free spirit, seeming to move from country to country at a whim despite having little money, and her positive attitude served as a sort of natural "counter" to the harshness of the world around her.

Near Future - Mountain (Full-Art Zendikar version)

Ah, yes, the full-art Zendikar lands that I love to hate so much. In this game, Mountains are a card that a ton of decks need because they let you cast all your other cards. For this reason, the makers of the game have printed a lot of functionally-identical Mountains over the years, and most can be had very cheaply. This is fun because you can fill out your deck with the Mountains whose art you find the prettiest. However, most Magic players have horrible taste, and so they think, "These limited-edition Zendikar Mountains have art over the entire card, so they must be the best!" These players are willing to pay a premium for these collectible cards. In reality, the art on these is only so-so (what part of those floating rocks even vaguely resembles a mountain?) and, ironically, their status as a collectors' item means that everyone uses them, so people pay more money to make their decks less unique.

As much as I loathe the trend of people "blinging out" their decks with things that are not actually better, I have to admit that it is what I am doing with my own life these days, in the sense that I am working for money and not really enjoying my life or spending my money. Just like the players who collect these lands as a status symbol, I am collecting money as a status symbol, and I don't really know why. I see this trend continuing in the near future.

You - Glassdust Hulk
Lonely goon smash! The limitations of Magic cards as a divination tool are making themselves clear as glass to me by now, but I'm committed, so let's continue.

Like the scarecrow before it, this is an artifact card, meaning it has no color of its own. The fact that this card even functionally cares about artifacts suggests a theme - I need to bring a little color into my life. In Magic lore, artifacts tend to flavorfully be robots and other mindless automatons, and so perhaps this card is also suggesting that I need to be a little more assertive.

In a slightly more insidious sense, the fact that this card is empowered by other artifacts could reflect me being so jealous of the romantic success of other people that I root for them to become failures, just like me. I have never been someone who is very good at finding joy in the happiness of other people, and I could see this card serving as a warning. However, I have authority in this matter; should I choose not to be like the Glassdust Hulk, I may simply cycle him away in favor of something else.

Hopes/Fears - Beast Within

This card is more than just a flexible removal spell. It also perfectly encapsulates both my hopes and my fears as they relate to this issue. I fear that I become an animal in my treatment of women, and I don't want to be like Reddit PUAs who think that women need masculine men to swoop down and tell them what they want. And yet, I've had the most success when I was assertive and moved on girls quickly, and I want a girl who will help me to feel the same primal abandon that I had with that girl I dated two years ago. It's so tough; how do I express confidence without being a creep? How important is sex? Straddling the line between platonic respect and bestial abandon is something that concerns me, and I'm reminded of a song lyric:

"Fools rush in where wise men never go.
But wise men never fall in love, so how are they to know?"

Surroundings - Citanul Flute

"Citanul" is a word that appears on a few cards from the Urza's Saga expansion, mostly animals and druids, suggesting that this card is flavorfully a flute that summons natural beasts and was created by caretakers of nature. "Citanul" is also the world "lunatic" spelled backwards, but it doesn't make sense to me why a faction of druids would use that word, since the natural world could hardly be described as lunatic.

In any case, I actually think this card does describe my surroundings. Rather than my surroundings being other people, they are a musical instrument that I stare down at. This makes sense, as I spend more time making music on an average day than I do talking to other people. The sight of looking down at an instrument is one I find quite familiar. I don't mind the lack of human interaction because my study of music is wonderfully fascinating and helpful to me, but it is becoming clear that this environment is not one that is particularly conducive to meeting people and falling in love. That this card summons beasts could be a callback to the last card; the more I focus on selfish personal pursuits, the more I turn into an animal. Dang, I just realized that it's another artifact as well. How deep does the rabbit hole go?

Outcome - The Iron Guardian Stirs

Well, this is ominous. Flavorfully, this guy is being summoned by the archvillain Nicol Bolas to kill all the heroes (don't ask me how I know that). The fact that this guy even looks like that Glassdust Hulk from earlier leaves no doubt in my mind; I am the Iron Guardian, and before too long, I'll be motivated to "stir" into action. This could mean falling in love again, but I will continue to be an unfeeling robot. The fact that "stirring" is an old-timey euphemism for arousal is even more ominous. Like, he looks so evil, with his downward-bent head, as if he is about to charge forward and take what he thinks is his. I don't want to be like that. This is all wrong.

e: fixed the image links

blaise rascal fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Sep 30, 2017

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

cda

by Hand Knit
Lol

cda

by Hand Knit
ps "lunatic" comes from "Luna," meaning "moon" because the original definition wasn't just crazy in general, but a particular kind of madness ruled by the cycles of the moon and it's thus totally appropriate for nature-y folks like druids and such

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

blaise rascal posted:

Whoa, so I can do this on myself? That's cool. The issue is that I don't know what the hell any of these Tarot cards mean. I'm going to go ahead and use a different set of cards with which I am more intimately familiar to answer the question, "Will I find love?"

Issue - Chromeshell Crab
The exchange of the control of other cards reflects the exchange of one's being with a lover's being. This card seems to be indicating that the type of relationship I seek is not one that is completely selfless, but rather one in which the lovers give their best selves to each other. Hidden within this card mechanic is a dire warning. The way that this card typically plays out is that you give your opponent something that harms her, while taking her best thing for yourself. Approaching a relationship in the same way surely dooms it to failure.

I'm not sure how to interpret the morph ability. It could be that this card coming out of nowhere from a lowly 2/2 is telling me to embrace the spontaneous nature of love, or it could be that I'm supposed to lie low and wait until I get to know a girl well before asking her out (just as this card hangs out as a morphed creature for a while before unmorphing). Either way, it appears that finding love will be less about changing something deep within myself, and more about mustering up enough mana for the morph cost.

Crossing - Rewind
It's amazing to me that out of the tens of thousands of cards that have ever been printed, so far I have picked two cards that I have actually cast in games. In any case, this card's meaning in this position is obvious to me - I am still obsessed with the girl I dated two years ago. We were only together in person for a month before she moved out of the country, but that hasn't stopped me from forming a fixation around her. I still talk to her occasionally, but she has made it clear that she doesn't want to date me again.

I'm not so full of myself as to think that I would be enjoying great romantic success if I had never met her, but I do think that my thoughts about her are absolutely a "crossing" to overcome. I often compare other girls to her, and it's much easier for me to think about what went wrong with her than what could go right with other girls. It's clear to me that I wish to rewind back to when we were together, counter our breakup, and untap with a fresh set of lands ready to invest in her in all the ways I failed to invest in her before. However, that's not possible. I need to find the fortitude to hold my rewind in my hand and let our breakup resolve.

This weirdass leather twink is not what I was expecting. Is the spirit of Richard Garfield calling me gay? In any case, it could be that I have had opportunities for love, but have burned them by, uh, hastily flinging fire elementals at them? I'm at a loss. Although, it is to be expected that subconscious issues are tough to identify. That's why they're subconscious. Let's just move on; this guy is making me uncomfortable.

According to the cards, I consciously view myself as this scarecrow, plodding along in the darkness, searching for a light-filled world (Lorwyn) that is gone forever. I certainly feel like a roaming creature a lot of the time. Most days I have to travel for my job. This is tough because it makes me feel like I have no permanent home anywhere, which also interferes with dating. Like this creature, I could also be overly desperate; a red creature, a green creature, it doesn't matter, I just can't be complete by myself. More specifically, I have no "color" or identity of my own, just what I am able to steal from others. All of these things are true, but it's not clear to me how to fix them. Perhaps we should delve deeper.

Past - Jetting Glasskite

It's true that I was a lot freer in the past than I am now. This freewheeling guy both flies and has a regenerating "armor" that counters things that harm him, and likewise, a few years ago, I had all these crazy ambitions that I was working on, and I would ask out random girls on the street (I blame BYOB for telling me to do this; BYOB was a different place back then), and nothing seemed to bother me. I even decided to literally "jet" to Europe and live there for close to a year, which is where I met the girl I can't shut up about. These days I am more cautious and have thinner skin. I don't really want my heart broken again.

Alternately, this card could represent that girl. She was also a free spirit, seeming to move from country to country at a whim despite having little money, and her positive attitude served as a sort of natural "counter" to the harshness of the world around her.

Ah, yes, the full-art Zendikar lands that I love to hate so much. In this game, Mountains are a card that a ton of decks need because they let you cast all your other cards. For this reason, the makers of the game have printed a lot of functionally-identical Mountains over the years, and most can be had very cheaply. This is fun because you can fill out your deck with the Mountains whose art you find the prettiest. However, most Magic players have horrible taste, and so they think, "These limited-edition Zendikar Mountains have art over the entire card, so they must be the best!" These players are willing to pay a premium for these collectible cards. In reality, the art on these is only so-so (what part of those floating rocks even vaguely resembles a mountain?) and, ironically, their status as a collectors' item means that everyone uses them, so people pay more money to make their decks less unique.

As much as I loathe the trend of people "blinging out" their decks with things that are not actually better, I have to admit that it is what I am doing with my own life these days, in the sense that I am working for money and not really enjoying my life or spending my money. Just like the players who collect these lands as a status symbol, I am collecting money as a status symbol, and I don't really know why. I see this trend continuing in the near future.

You - Glassdust Hulk
Lonely goon smash! The limitations of Magic cards as a divination tool are making themselves clear as glass to me by now, but I'm committed, so let's continue.

Like the scarecrow before it, this is an artifact card, meaning it has no color of its own. The fact that this card even functionally cares about artifacts suggests a theme - I need to bring a little color into my life. In Magic lore, artifacts tend to flavorfully be robots and other mindless automatons, and so perhaps this card is also suggesting that I need to be a little more assertive.

In a slightly more insidious sense, the fact that this card is empowered by other artifacts could reflect me being so jealous of the romantic success of other people that I root for them to become failures, just like me. I have never been someone who is very good at finding joy in the happiness of other people, and I could see this card serving as a warning. However, I have authority in this matter; should I choose not to be like the Glassdust Hulk, I may simply cycle him away in favor of something else.

This card perfectly encapsulates both my hopes and my fears as they relate to this issue. I fear that I become an animal in my treatment of women, and I don't want to be like Reddit PUAs who think that women need masculine men to swoop down and tell them what they want. And yet, I've had the most success when I was assertive and moved on girls quickly, and I want a girl who will help me to feel the same primal abandon that I had with that girl I dated two years ago. It's so tough; how do I express confidence without being a creep? How important is sex? Straddling the line between platonic respect and bestial abandon is something that concerns me, and I'm reminded of a song lyric:

"Citanul" is a word that appears on a few cards from the Urza's Saga expansion, mostly animals and druids, suggesting that this card is flavorfully a flute that summons natural beasts and was created by caretakers of nature. "Citanul" is also the world "lunatic" spelled backwards, but it doesn't make sense to me why a faction of druids would use that word, since the natural world could hardly be described as lunatic.

In any case, I actually think this card does describe my surroundings. Rather than my surroundings being other people, they are a musical instrument that I stare down at. This makes sense, as I spend more time making music on an average day than I do talking to other people. The sight of looking down at an instrument is one I find quite familiar. I don't mind the lack of human interaction because my study of music is wonderfully fascinating and helpful to me, but it is becoming clear that this environment is not one that is particularly conducive to meeting people and falling in love. That this card summons beasts could be a callback to the last card; the more I focus on selfish personal pursuits, the more I turn into an animal. Dang, I just realized that it's another artifact as well. How deep does the rabbit hole go?

Well, this is ominous. Flavorfully, this guy is being summoned by the archvillain Nicol Bolas to kill all the heroes (don't ask me how I know that). The fact that this guy even looks like that Glassdust Hulk from earlier leaves no doubt in my mind; I am the Iron Guardian, and before too long, I'll be motivated to "stir" into action. This could mean falling in love again, but I will continue to be an unfeeling robot. The fact that "stirring" is an old-timey euphemism for arousal is even more ominous. Like, he looks so evil, with his downward-bent head, as if he is about to charge forward and take what he thinks is his. I don't want to be like that. This is all wrong.

:eyepop:

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

City of Glompton

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

ChickenOfTomorrow

god damn it, you've got to be kind

blaise rascal posted:

Issue - Chromeshell Crab

Crossing - Rewind

Past - Jetting Glasskite

You - Glassdust Hulk

This card perfectly encapsulates both my hopes and my fears as they relate to this issue. I fear that I become an animal in my treatment of women, and I don't want to be like Reddit PUAs who think that women need masculine men to swoop down and tell them what they want. And yet, I've had the most success when I was assertive and moved on girls quickly, and I want a girl who will help me to feel the same primal abandon that I had with that girl I dated two years ago. It's so tough; how do I express confidence without being a creep? How important is sex? Straddling the line between platonic respect and bestial abandon is something that concerns me, and I'm reminded of a song lyric:

lmao

deep dish peat moss

blaise rascal posted:

Issue - Chromeshell Crab

Crossing - Rewind

Past - Jetting Glasskite

You - Glassdust Hulk

This card is more than just a flexible removal spell. It also perfectly encapsulates both my hopes and my fears as they relate to this issue. I fear that I become an animal in my treatment of women, and I don't want to be like Reddit PUAs who think that women need masculine men to swoop down and tell them what they want. And yet, I've had the most success when I was assertive and moved on girls quickly, and I want a girl who will help me to feel the same primal abandon that I had with that girl I dated two years ago. It's so tough; how do I express confidence without being a creep? How important is sex? Straddling the line between platonic respect and bestial abandon is something that concerns me, and I'm reminded of a song lyric:

lol

deep dish peat moss

I'm not feeling very well today but I'll do some more when I'm feeling better, hopefully tonight

Twenty Four

lmao @ magic card tarot reading

cda

by Hand Knit

Twenty Four posted:

It's a good idea and I would like to see it become a thing

Piso Mojado

Twenty Four posted:

its genius

deep dish peat moss

If I can find my old magic cards I might just repost this thread as I will do a tarot reading with magic cards for you

Scaly Haylie

deep dish peat moss posted:

If I can find my old magic cards I might just repost this thread as I will do a tarot reading with magic cards for you

Will our requests carry over to the new thread?

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
I think the reason why it works is that Magic actually has a pretty robust philosophical design for the flavor of its cards. Most cards belong to one of five colors of mana, and each color represents not a natural element, but rather a school of thought. Between the five colors, they do a good job of spanning the spectrum of ideology. What's more, each color is an "ally" with 2 other colors and an "enemy" of the last 2, creating specific relationships and conflicts. For instance, red vs. white represents chaos vs. order, and green vs. blue represents nature vs. nurture. No one color is portrayed specifically as "good" or "evil" (but specific cards are) and cards can be 2 or more colors at the same time to create even more unique ideas. I do not think the game would be as popular as it is today if it were not for the strong design of the color system.

deep dish peat moss posted:

I am enjoying reading your responses with the regular tarot deck, but you can do whatever you feel like. If you ever get burnt out and want some help fulfilling requests, maybe I can help by doing a couple.

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

deep dish peat moss

Lizard Wizard posted:

Will our requests carry over to the new thread?

I'm going to finish this one first either way

I'm not done with this thread I've just been under the weather this weekend and haven't had the mental energy to put into it

Grandmother of Five

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

blaise rascal posted:

I am enjoying reading your responses with the regular tarot deck, but you can do whatever you feel like. If you ever get burnt out and want some help fulfilling requests, maybe I can help by doing a couple.

The non-Tarot reading is neat, but I'd also like to second enjoying the Tarot readings, as well. I'd like to see more of both, if people do them :) I don't have any magic cards. No TV either, or facebook, or twitter. No fridge. I have a library card and a big tarp. I'm using Firefox.

Scaly Haylie

eagerly awaiting the reading done with Pokemon cards in the mtg reading thread

deep dish peat moss

DrowningInDreams posted:

Am I guilty or am I innocent?

B7
B8
B9
C9
D9
E9
E8
E7
D7
C7

Am I guilty or am I innocent?

Issue - Death
Very interesting first draw here. As I mentioned earlier morbid imagery in tarot isn't something to be feared. Death often symbolizes the abrupt end of something, the abrupt answering of an important question, or any abrupt change that causes a transformation. It's the death of something in your life and the resulting transformation.

It almost never represents actual physical death, but it can represent a fear of death that's holding you back. It might be an indication to live a little or, in light of the question, maybe it means that you did win a little and now you're wondering if it was a bad idea.

One thing it always represents is the idea that something that once was is now gone, and it's not something you can change. However, things that go away can often come back stronger, and what Death really means needs to be read in the context of the rest of the draws.

Crossing - Eight of Cups
The Eight of Hearts represents walking away with a heavy heart. It's a card that reminds us that endings come at the right time. It's like walking down the road away from the nice hotel you've been staying at, but the Happy Ever After is at the end of the road and if you never left the hotel you'd never find it.

Given the position and the question this may represent your inability to walk away from the question you are asking, maybe not having an answer to it is preventing you from moving on.

Subconscious - Ten of Wands Reversed
The Ten of Wands represents being all work and no play, working too hard for your goal and forgetting everything else along the way. However, when Reversed, the card symbolizes being at the end of that road, of working hard but putting all of your eggs in one basket, the future is now and it's time to check whether the eggs hatched. Have you recently found something to end in a way that wasn't what you were hoping for? Or maybe it did go the way you planned and you're wondering "what next?"

Conscious - The Hanged Man
The Hanged Man is an interesting Major Arcana in that he hanged himself, he wasn't put on trial for some crime and found guilty. He was lost and confused and not knowing what else to do, slipped himself into the noose. It represents self-pity, an inability to act, feeling restricted by imaginary limitations.

In this position it might represent you recently committing yourself to a certain path and now feeling regret that it can't be changed. It could represent feeling like you missed your opportunity to chase your dreams. Or it could represent simply waiting for time to pass so that circumstances outside your control change enough for you to move on.

Given your question I think it's possible that you're having a hard time moving on from the event you're asking about. The cards are telling a consistent story so far, let's see where they take us.

Past - Seven of Pentacles
The Seven of Pentacles represents things not feeling settled, feeling upset by the chaos of your life, and having a negative outlook for the future. It's good that this card is in the Past position as this often represents finally freeing yourself of those feelings. You're moving on from this outlook, and no matter how uncertain or confused things seem lately, rest assured that everything will level out soon.

Near Future - Ace of Swords
The Ace of Swords represents clarity. The Swords cards tend to depict battle, but the ace - being the 1 - shows a single sword. This could mean a victory is coming your way in the near future, or perhaps some sort of rallying cry.

It's often associated with clarity and logical balance. It could also represent things like deja vu, strange coincidences, or the feeling that destiny has brought you to where you are now.

In the Near Future position we're told that you should be seeking this. Now is the time to make the impassioned arguments you've been holding back, to cut right at the heart of your problems and take the direct approach. Be honest and true with yourself and others in the near future.

You - Justice
Another Major Arcana - you're full of these! Justice represents the supreme balance of the universe - that we're all accountable for our actions, and this card represents the day when we're called to explain ourselves. It's super cool that this came out in the You position considering your question of guilt vs. innocence.

This card's meaning is pretty literal as far as Tarot goes - justice will be done wherever this card is present. There will be a fair outcome and all issues should be resolved to a satisfactory outcome.

However at the heart of this is again that we are all accountable for our actions. What this card is telling me in the You position is that what is coming your way will be appropriate for what you have or have not done. If you are guilty you will be appropriately punished, and if you are innocent you will not face unfair consequences.

Remember to maintain your integrity throughout.

Surrounding - Wheel of Fortune
Another Major Arcana. I don't know if this many major arcana in a single draw means anything specific but I'd imagine it's something about the important players w/r/t fate and destiny taking a special interest in the case, which I find very interesting given your question.

To quote my previous post with a Wheel of Fortune:
The Wheel of Fortune is the symbol of fate and destiny. It can be represented as karma, perhaps telling you that for you to find happiness, you need to bring more happiness to others, as you're repaid equally for what you put in to the world. Its other major representation is that of the endless cycle that all of us ride throughout our lives. Imagine your life as a great water wheel, everything that rises must fall, and things that happen once tend to happen again. Consider your life and where you are now - is this a place you've been before? What came after, last time?

Combined with Justice in the You position and the rest of the spread I think this is telling us that ultimately you know the answer to the question you're asking and I think maybe you're more curious about what other people think about it.

Hopes/Fears - Three of Pentacles
The Three of Pentacles represents success. I think the meaning here is pretty clear - you're hoping for success in the judging of this matter and you're hoping for things to go your way. I don't know whether you're guilty or innocent (see above) but since you do, somewhere deep inside, you're hoping for your side to be appropriately represented so that you are successful in the final judgment.

this has been a really interesting one. Here we go...
Outcome - Page of Cups
The Page of Cups represents youthful exuberance, inexperience, and the coming of a new passion. It's often represented as a childish innocence and I think the meaning of this is clear vis a vis your question.

To quote my reference source:

quote:

There is a childish innocence around you when this card appears. Perhaps you have been through a tough time and just want to be light-hearted and have fun; others are drawn to your innocence and naivety as you are not currently oppressed by worldly issues. You are willing to help others in any way you can and give of your time freely. You may be feeling kind, considerate and generous.

my tl;dr reading:
Ultimately only you know the answer to your question, but you can rest assured that the outcome will be fair. The cards seem to point toward your innocence and I think they're telling you to not worry.

Zeluth

by Fluffdaddy
Somebody I would like to hear again has passed. Should I tell you his name?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow

god damn it, you've got to be kind

if you're still doing these...

Will we be friends again?

E8
F3
C12
B2
F13
A6