Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Paladinus posted:

It's pronounced torrr-tiyah.
Her selective Hispanicness is beautiful. At one point she rolls the r in “fresh.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

I give you... ALCHEMA

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alchema/alchema-turn-fruit-into-personalized-craft-cider

Somewhere between "throwing your rotten fruit away" and "getting blasted on rubbing alcohol," there exists a magical fantasy land in which you can utilize those expensive-rear end pomegranates your kids won't eat to get ripped in the middle of the day! ALCHEMA is your own personal small-batch cider maker! Simply add fruit, sugar, and water of your own choosing, pop in one of the handy yeast packets, and then let that poo poo hang out on your counter for a week (or 16) and entertain your friends with your own terrible Cidre!

ALCHEMA is actually kind of a cool idea until you realize they're shooting for a mostly unattainable millenial ideal - one in which you have infinite free time and money to spend on fresh fruits for your hyper-advanced five gallon bucket, and not the far more realistic scenario in which you drunkenly stuff a bunch of old moldy bananas in the thing and frantically push the button before stumbling into your bathroom to polish off the mouthwash and pass out in the shower.

Amazing. If only I had one of these in jail

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Do you like Coffee? Do you hate not being able to brew it like you were smoking a crack pipe? Then boy do I have the product for you; BRIPE!

Now yours for the low, low, low, low price of $84.95! We'll even throw in a blowtorch for your crac- coffee free of charge! Buy now, and get BRIPING
https://www.briping.com/

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Yeah, coffee, that's what I think of when I see this. That totally looks like coffee paraphernalia

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Foo Diddley posted:

Yeah, coffee, that's what I think of when I see this. That totally looks like coffee paraphernalia

What the tits? Why would this even be a thing?

No, Officer, actually I'm just a coffee enthusiast...

So, as best I can gather, this is like a lovely single-serving french press without the press part. You use a reusable metal filter to make sure you're not just drinking straight up coffee grounds through your weird meth straw. They somehow managed to come up with a less efficient method than a french press :cripes:

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Foo Diddley posted:

It's for the sophisticated worldly crackhead/tweaker who only smokes it ironically.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

That dude definitely spent six months living in a cave somewhere just to "get in tune with his aura" or something.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I know when I'm looking to make a better coffee, I turn to a face I can trust - a sunburnt, shirtless man eyeing the spoon drawer a little too intensely.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Foo Diddley posted:

The times have been difficult for revolver Ocelot I see

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

A Spider Covets posted:

The times have been difficult for revolver Ocelot I see

This dude looks hilarious but at least no one gave him $120 friggin MILLION like the Juicero crazy hippie. He is seriously insane, watch some of his interviews. He believes fruits have magical chi power and auras that he can see, feel, and capture. How he walked away out of a pitch with a bunch of suits with a $120 million dollar check after bullshitting about fruits and their chi aura for an hour is unbelievable to me. Like I would be hesitant to give even $10 to a random crazy hippie for some invention he cooked up.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 6, 2017

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Rad Russian posted:

This dude looks hilarious but at least no one gave him $120 friggin MILLION like the Juicero crazy hippie. He is seriously insane, watch some of his interviews. He believes fruits have magical chi power and auras that he can see, feel, and capture. How he walked away out of a pitch with a bunch of suits with a $120 million dollar check after bullshitting about fruits and their chi aura for an hour is unbelievable to me. Like I would be hesitant to give even $10 to a random crazy hippie for some invention he cooked up.

He didn't walk away with a $120 million check after one pitch. He got several millions from several pitches to several investors

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

but really,

Six crack rocks. More than enough to smoke up anything that moves.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

nerdz posted:

He didn't walk away with a $120 million check after one pitch. He got several millions from several pitches to several investors

Ahh ok. Still, that makes it worse somehow. There are dozens of investors who all said YES! and then it added up to $120 mil. Wasn't one crazy rich guy.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rad Russian posted:

Ahh ok. Still, that makes it worse somehow. There are dozens of investors who all said YES! and then it added up to $120 mil. Wasn't one crazy rich guy.

Yeah, that was my point. At none of these meetings someone said wait, this is dumb as gently caress

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Foo Diddley posted:

That looks like the most foul way to drink coffee short of having a hot coffee enema.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

here's a dead eyed man doing an infomercial about the bripe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwDs-1W-pjQ

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

I give you... ALCHEMA

Can you make pruno in the Alchema?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Latin Pheonix posted:

I cook twigs and insect grubs in a stone pot just like my neolithic ancestors did, get on my level, scrub. :smug:

Look at fancy pants here, ‘cooking’.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

If you asked me what a bripe was and provided no context, my guess would've been something like a blumpkin.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

We get it, you vape.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I tried to photoshop the bripe into a shadier looking situation but honestly the shirtless longhair man looks like more of a crackhead than any of the pictures I found on google :negative:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Bushtukah

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

bripe: the ingenious hand-and-mouth burning solution

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

You know, it just occurred to me, wouldn't heating a naked copper pan to heat coffee cause some amount of the copper to leak into the drink itself? I'm pretty sure copper toxicity is a bad thing.

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

Latin Pheonix posted:

You know, it just occurred to me, wouldn't heating a naked copper pan to heat coffee cause some amount of the copper to leak into the drink itself? I'm pretty sure copper toxicity is a bad thing.

The issue with copper pots/etc isn't heat; it's acid- and coffee is acidic, ~5 ph. Most copper cooking implements are lined w/ tin or steel; I don't know if this one is.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It also depends on whether or not there's any kind of coating on the copper. I mean, since this thing looks like it's made in the closet next to a meth lab I assume there isn't, but I know it's generally frowned upon to smoke things out of copper pipes, so I assume that applies to drinking coffee you cook with a blowtorch out of them also.

also lmao at googling "don't smoke a copper pipe" and one of the search suggestions is "Can you smoke crack out of a copper pipe" like dude I think you have bigger issues.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Watching that Ottawa morning show interview - nothing about that contraption looks remotely convenient or easy-to-use.

Needs a pocket blowtorch (no sissy Bic lighter).
Requires fussing around with measuring coffee/water ratio.
Requires careful attention to the thermometer.
Be careful to not touch any of the copper, it has excellent heat transfer properties - also don't toss into your backpack after your mid-morning coffee break after use.

Just eat the beans whole like an animal if you're that desperate for a quick caffeine fix.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like just being seen with one of these things would be reasonable grounds for a cop to search you. Who the gently caress will look at that thing and NOT think it's for crack?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe
[quote="Golli" post=""477276877"]

Just eat the beans whole like an animal if you're that desperate for a quick caffeine fix.
[/quote]

Preferably dipped in dark chocolate.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Hav posted:

Preferably dipped in dark chocolate.

Agreed. Those things are delicious.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Foo Diddley posted:

You know what else you can make broth with? A plain old fuckin' pot and stove like you probably already have. I mean, you boil some poo poo for a while. It ain't hard

There, I just saved you the expected MSRP of $218

No you see the delicious marrow isn't extracted in a uniform manner unless a steel boat propeller randomly fires off in your soup lake and therefore

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

I propose all food and drink be prepared in a pipe.

Meat and potato pipe or the mepotipe!

Savory ramen pipes. Rapipe

Yummy Cocoa pipe. Yucope

Distilled vinegar pipe. Divipe

Trash compactor pipe. Tracope

Heroin on the lung express pipe. Heluexipe

Monitize this people!! Mothpepe

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Just use a coffee machine you god drat animals!

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Just use a coffee machine you god drat animals!

Does it have a pipe?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Coffee has got to be way the gently caress up there on the list of "things people take way too seriously and buy lovely gadgets for" lol. I need to go digging.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

Coffee has got to be way the gently caress up there on the list of "things people take way too seriously and buy lovely gadgets for" lol. I need to go digging.

Like any drug, it attracts paraphenalia. And weirdos.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Beet Wagon posted:

I don't have any basis by which to evaluate the actual methodology, but I really appreciate the gung-ho attitude of this guy, who has cleverly titled his Kickstarter "A Condensed Vacuum Coffee or Tea Extracting Device." It seems so strange when put up against things like the Bripe that have this huge hipster marketing push.

EDIT: and you can drink it out of your OmegaCup, which doesn't look like an ugly, impossible-to-clean turd of a glass:

Ignoranus fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Oct 14, 2017

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Ignoranus posted:

I don't have any basis by which to evaluate the actual methodology, but I really appreciate the gung-ho attitude of this guy, who has cleverly titled his Kickstarter "A Condensed Vacuum Coffee or Tea Extracting Device." It seems so strange when put up against things like the Bripe that have this huge hipster marketing push.

EDIT: and you can drink it out of your OmegaCup, which doesn't look like an ugly, impossible-to-clean turd of a glass:

quote:

Because of the surfaces smallness of the front drinking chamber, sloshing is being reduced therein clearly - in special while standing or other inconvenient situations for drinking, or when having a shaky hand, this helps to drink more easily and safely.

Makes sense

Also:

quote:

Delight is with omegaCup not longer meager between hot and cold - omegaCup uses an entirely natural effect, by that you can earlier, longer and fully enjoy the taste of your hot beverages.

Foo Diddley fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Oct 14, 2017

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present to you the ultimate innovation in food science. They said it was impossible. They called him a madman. They said he was spitting in the face of a benevolent God. But Mark Murray wasn't going to let any of that stop him from creating THE HAMDOG.

Apparently this poo poo is old news in the rest of the world, but it's the first I've ever heard of it and it's loving incredible, and it's coming to a truckstop near you, soon. I'd go so far as to say it's a goddamn gamechanger. Check this poo poo out:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hamdog/worlds-first-hamdog-restaurant-new-york-city-usa?ref=category_popular

quote:

It all started late one November night in 2004. Creator Mark Murray had just walked out of a downtown Nashville bar, to grab a bite to eat. On the sidewalk was a hotdog van, and across the road, a hamburger cart. Mark was faced with the dilemma of choosing either a hamburger, or a hotdog. Hungry and unsure, he grabbed one of each. As he was then being driven home, he started eating both his burger and hotdog at once, taking one bite at a time out of each. He then turned to the driver saying "These taste good together, be easier to eat it if they just joined em together!" What came next....

In the following days, the idea of combining these two popular fast foods occupied Marks mind constantly. Finally putting pen to paper, he created his Hamdog™ bun idea. Now the then 39 year old Entrepreneur was no dummy when it came to ideas. He already had an "Australian Government Innovators Award" under his belt and had created numerous successful products and businesses from scratch.

Mark spent weeks researching the possibility of bringing his idea to market. Though two things challenged him. One, that it maybe a bit ahead of it's time. Two, if it was publicly accepted, it could be copied.

This poo poo is blowing my mind right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

IanMalcolmJurrasicParkMeme.gif