Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macnult

game mechanic telling me they don't work on Atari systems anymore despite me having no trouble taping the severed wires every time they're knocked loose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
*sliding out on my back from under a jacked-up Dreamcast, overalls stained with oil*

hmmm... yup, looks like a busted disc-read laser. I got it on back order, might set you back a couple hundo

vanisher

Hi... Yes this is Steve, you dropped your game off this afternoon? We did a complete play through and we couldnt recreate the issue. Y... Yes I know you couldn't get the blob out of the level 4 sewers. You have to use the blue jelly bean to float over the spikes... Okay... No my manager isnt available

kalel

*secretly replaces cartridge's functioning internal battery with a battery that's worn out*

Hey there, I went in and fixed that invalid memory bug you had, just gave the thing a good wipe and re-image. Don't worry, I grabbed your saves and reloaded them after the fact. Threw in a free outer shell polish, no charge. But, hey, listen, it says here that you've had the unit for only a few weeks, but that battery's worn to hell. Let me guess, eBay? Ha ha, yeah, you gotta be careful when picking up pre-owns. If you want I can replace the battery - normally that's $300 but I'll knock off 50, cause you seem like an alright guy and I know it's an inconvenience. No, thank you!

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

*comes into 6'x4' "office" that you have been sitting in alone for half an hour, removes oil stained gloves to reveal oil stained hands"
"Oooooookay so what you've got is a PS2 with a burnt out cartridge reader and overheating Blu-ray player. Now I can get it running again for you but it's going to require recalibrating the controller port and emptying the Ethernet jack of outdated packets. Now we've currently got a special going on so I can do all of this for you for a cool $980, and I'll even throw in a free FamiCom cartridge that has 72 games on it. You might have to jiggle the cartridge a bit to get it to work but once you've got it going you've got no less that 4 copies of wheel of Fortune on that cart to enjoy.

Alternatively I can rip apart some of the PS2s in the junkyard and find replacement parts, but it won't come with a warranty. That will only run you $960 so the savings might be worth it, but I'm not giving you the GamesPak D-Luxx if you go with that option. So what'll it be?"

Dads Dip Cup

Videogame Mechanic A : *calling his buddies over* "hey guys c'mere for a sec"

Videogame Mechanic A : "OK so could you explain the problem one more time?"

Me : "well every time I turn the console on it just does this" *freezes in place during alternating poses attempting to simulate a flashing screen*

Videogame Mechanic B : *snickering* did you try blowing out the cartridge

szkud

yeah, I think we've got some cartridge protectors up there on the top shelf

*jumps four feet up and mid-arc jumps another four feet. grabs box and lands uninjured

~(‾▿‾)~

Twenty Four

"So I bought this copy of Halo at your store, and I've been playing for like half an hour and my score is still 0000000. I think it's defective and I want my money back."

kalel

szkud posted:

yeah, I think we've got some cartridge protectors up there on the top shelf

*jumps four feet up and mid-arc jumps another four feet. grabs box and lands uninjured

Macnult

Being a videogame mechanic doesn't just mean you know what the turbo button does, it means you can make a better turbo button that's even less understandable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Sheesh you guys go to some shady places, no wonder your videogames are breaking down all the time. I only get mine serviced at the dealership.

*walks into the orange julius where babbages used to be and dumps a sega master system on the counter* Hey i'm here for my 10000 mile tuneup

• Locked thread