Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MourningView posted:

I guess they agreed but I'm really surprised

Yeah if they were going to call anything there I'm still really surprised they didn't call it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Pro tip: get Lanning isolated on someone and then throw to that guy

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Jastiger posted:

It wasnt targeting. Thr defensive player was already in motion, qb was being tackled and panic slid. He just got hit that way because HE went down, not vice versa

im pretty sure every word out of your mouth is colossal horseshit

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
gently caress yeah nice throw and catch

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Scionix posted:

im pretty sure every word out of your mouth is colossal horseshit

just start talking about lena dunham and he'll tangent off for a while like a kitty chasing a string

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Democrazy posted:

That's a bad hit, and the player clearly doesn't understand safety rules. That's dangerous and a bad job by the ISU coaches

What, in your opinion, is a defender supposed to do in that situation? They guy had just started sliding and was still gaining yardage. He had no time to react except to turn, which he did.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

buddhanc posted:

just start talking about lena dunham and he'll tangent off for a while like a kitty chasing a string

he talks like that guy everyone knows that thinks if he sounds confident enough nobody will know hes full of poo poo

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That was a better throw by Buechele than I gave him credit for at first.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i'm gonna watch NC Central vs Florida A&M

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Thoguh posted:

What, in your opinion, is a defender supposed to do in that situation? They guy had just started sliding and was still gaining yardage. He had no time to react except to turn, which he did.

keep his facemask up and look even silightly like he was trying to wrap up instead of having his hands pinned to his sides?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Thoguh posted:

This. I dont think you should hit people in the head, but when ball carriers intentionally lower their head with defenders already in motion, what can you do? No one made the qb slide. He panic slid and initiated the head contact, otherwise it was a solid body tackle.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jastiger posted:

No one made the qb slide

do you, like, understand the sport of football

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Jastiger posted:

He panic slid and initiated the head contact, otherwise it was a solid body tackle.

lol what is wrong iwth you

e: am i getting rused

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Alaois posted:

do you, like, understand the sport of football

I greatly disagree with the concept of special protection for the qb, especially once they cross the line of scrimmage.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Thoguh posted:

I'd rather watch a game where a linebacker would avoid hitting the head rather than giving a young man potentially serious brain damage.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Jastiger posted:

I greatly disagree with the concept of special protection for the qb, especially once they cross the line of scrimmage.

you write like a loving spastic

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jastiger posted:

quarterbacks aren't the only players allowed to slide, sliding is universally recognized as giving up on the play regardless of position. quarterbacks are just more likely to slide because they're not built for running through tackles.

you loving immense dullard

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you absolute loving buffoon

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
:rip: he dick

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
lmao did he tear his pants

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
holy poo poo was his dick bleeding

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
DeShon :ohdear:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Jacob what are you doing

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
good lord these throws could not be much worse unless he raul ibanez'd it

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Alaois posted:

quarterbacks aren't the only players allowed to slide, sliding is universally recognized as giving up on the play regardless of position. quarterbacks are just more likely to slide because they're not built for running through tackles.

you loving immense dullard

No one slides except qbs. More often than not, its a panic move when they know their caught. Thats fine, but if someone is already on their way to make a tackle...sorry man. Shouldnt be a penalty if the momentum hits you anyway unless its egregious.

Same for targetting when ball carriers lower THEIR head into the defender.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jastiger posted:

No one slides except qbs. More often than not, its a panic move when they know their caught. Thats fine, but if someone is already on their way to make a tackle...sorry man. Shouldnt be a penalty if the momentum hits you anyway unless its egregious.

you complete loving simpleton

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
they slide because they dont want to get hurt you loving retard

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i'm shocked your keyboard hasn't shorted out from all the loving drool in it

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Nice punt at least

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
Incoming safety for sure

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
im the db that has no clue what forward progress is

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

Jastiger posted:

i saw a defensive back slide earlier in this very game, and ive spent most of my time making GBS threads my brains out

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Democrazy posted:

Incoming safety for sure

I think this probably requires a better front than ISU has

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
this broadcast is really something else

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

MourningView posted:

I think this probably requires a better front than ISU has

Texas' o-line has looked okay this game, but the matchup is peak very stoppable force versus very moveable object.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
jesus christ

Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .
Nice -15 yard return right there.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
That pass would have been more accurate if he kicked it

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Surely he must have been hit to make that throw look like that right?

Ha, hit his own lineman's helmet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
even without the pressure where the gently caress was he throwing it to

• Locked thread