Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017

Hardawn posted:

That one where the girls battle using their T&A&V

I got you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I liked cromartie high school for the like 6 episodes I saw of it.

Then the friend who introduced me to it had me watch some other anime with an annoyingly dorky weeb female protagonist and I asked politely if we could do something else.

Moral of the story is cromartie high school is actually pretty good but anime is still really bad

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

facebook jihad posted:

I liked cromartie high school for the like 6 episodes I saw of it.

Then the friend who introduced me to it had me watch some other anime with an annoyingly dorky weeb female protagonist and I asked politely if we could do something else.

Moral of the story is cromartie high school is actually pretty good but anime is still really bad

cromartie owns watch the dub not the sub

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
the best moment for me is going to be when every single person who posts that stupid krust poo poo gets banned from the forums

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Oh I was right, this is the thread were we poo poo all over anime nerds. Good.

I once took my son to this park where they had all the public vehicles open for them to explore. Firetrucks and a SWAT van, etc. There was this one gigantic fireman there, about 6'6" and in full gear. He was telling them about how kids should always know their escape routes ans never to hide under a bed when there's a fire. When he was done he added "And never, under any circumstances, watch anime. Ever."

He was a cool fireman.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Hardawn posted:

That one where the girls battle using their T&A&V

Keijo!!!!!!!! is good actually.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I liked the time I heard an interview with a prominent voice actress done as a panel, and someone asked her how to get into voice work and she said "Well first, take all your demo tapes that you make in your computer room and throw them in the garbage. Then go to school for theater" and the aura of crushed nerd dreams was palpable

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Skypie posted:

I liked the time I heard an interview with a prominent voice actress done as a panel, and someone asked her how to get into voice work and she said "Well first, take all your demo tapes that you make in your computer room and throw them in the garbage. Then go to school for theater" and the aura of crushed nerd dreams was palpable

lol "school for theater" voice actors are so thirsty for validation as artists because some rando like Shifty Shellshock from Crazytown can get paid $20m to voice the pile of poo in the Emoji Movie or something.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

lol "school for theater" voice actors are so thirsty for validation as artists because some rando like Shifty Shellshock from Crazytown can get paid $20m to voice the pile of poo in the Emoji Movie or something.

Eh most of the VA stock currently employed basically all went to school for the arts and did lovely commercials until their agent landed them an audition with an animation distributor. And then that kinda becomes their niche and that's all they do is anime/video games because they don't have name recognition to be in lovely movies like the Emoji movie.

I was mostly just laughing because she destroyed a bunch of weeaboo dreams. Hell I know a guy who spent weeks doing a fan dub demo reel to send in to Funimation and refused to believe they'd just toss it because "I tried really hard and so they have to listen to it"

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Sir Patrick Stewart OBE definitely got six figures for voicing the pile of poo in the Emoji Movie. Maybe seven figures.

Dr. Heart Collapse
Oct 30, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
pretty much all moments of anime are best moments, i've loved anime my whole life

i'm from algeria and have lived in saudi arabia and they love anime in both those countries and i feel i have an edge on japanese culture because of my personal cultural and life experience

Dr. Heart Collapse
Oct 30, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
i feel that anime is a futuristic world view and one that has to do with heaven and the achieving of utopia or heaven on earth

so if you were to experience heaven it would be partially similar to but not limited to anime

so like heaven would consist of many worlds just as space consists of many stars, so like for example there would be a part of heaven that would be more so similar to let's say the looney tunes

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

Dr. Heart Collapse posted:

pretty much all moments of anime are best moments, i've loved anime my whole life

i'm from algeria and have lived in saudi arabia and they love anime in both those countries and i feel i have an edge on japanese culture because of my personal cultural and life experience

Dr. Heart Collapse posted:

i feel that anime is a futuristic world view and one that has to do with heaven and the achieving of utopia or heaven on earth

so if you were to experience heaven it would be partially similar to but not limited to anime

so like heaven would consist of many worlds just as space consists of many stars, so like for example there would be a part of heaven that would be more so similar to let's say the looney tunes

:yikes:

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

Dr. Heart Collapse
Oct 30, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

my bad didn't mean to come off or represent myself in a manner that someone would consider to be off

i understand some people don't entertain the idea of there being a heaven or what that heaven would be like it's just me sharing my personal view

i'm open for any sort of discussion or to further explain what i mean by what i said

i just connect japan with my home country of algeria and i find japan to be my favorite country over all others

i wanted to share the view that people love anime around the world by pointing out how it's garnered popularity in the middle east for quite some time now, like i have elders from algeria mentioning how they grew up with shows like grendaizer it was a big hit in algeria back in the day

to further push reason for ridicule i communicate to spirits and that's one of the reasons i've reached that conclusion, how these spirits are anime like

'looneys' i myself am pretty 'lunar'

thank you for your time

edit: i've had relationships with several anime women starting from 2011, if you've ever watched black lagoon it was that sort of thing

some people tell me i'm imagining it all obviously but these spirits are as real as you and me

Dr. Heart Collapse fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Sep 30, 2017

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Dr. Heart Collapse
Oct 30, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

i've seen most of those, brilliant work

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.
Love Hina was meandering, pointless harem garbage. I mean, by modern standards it's a timeless classic of the genre because it doesn't explicitly condone rape, fetishism, or the Madonna/Whore dichotomy, but that's a real low bar.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
Welcome

To

The

NHK

Dr. Heart Collapse
Oct 30, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

sunken fleet posted:

Welcome

To

The

NHK

looks good thanks i'ma check dis out

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

AbusePuppy posted:

Love Hina was meandering, pointless harem garbage. I mean, by modern standards it's a timeless classic of the genre because it doesn't explicitly condone rape, fetishism, or the Madonna/Whore dichotomy, but that's a real low bar.

agreed! It's the Citizen Kane of harem anime.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
That one where the kid gets their head blown off in some space firefight.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
That time Light killed all those criminals.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtzlKJ1dObU

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

givepatajob posted:

That one where the kid gets their head blown off in some space firefight.

?

https://i.imgur.com/PW3YomJ.gifv

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Skypie posted:

Hah. Lady knew how to undercut competition.

facebook jihad posted:

More like "don't follow a hippie to a second location."
I read the Akira manga. It was pretty solid and plugged a lot of holes from the anime without being overbearing. Then I got to the part where Tetsuo selects pretty girls from the survivors of the explosion at the end of the anime, force-feeds them the same psychic drugs he takes, and has an orgy before the girls' heads explode from overload. It went from :geno: to :stare: in like 3 panels.

And if you haven't seen Neo Tokyo, you should. It's good "get stoned and watch cool things happen" 80s cheese.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

mind the walrus posted:

I read the Akira manga

that guy is a really good artist. he won Angouleme iirc

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

When Guts got defeated by Griffith

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

This is the Library of Congress posting. I downloaded this immediately. It is safe. Thank you.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread