Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fus Roll Dah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

*a collective sigh from the whole table as Yobgoblin pulls another "Anne Frank" card out of his trenchcoat sleeve to play*

hahahahaha

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's really surprising to me that the BYOB superstar yobgoblin considers himself "good" at cards against humanity.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aston posted:

I got to play Gloomhaven for the first time on Sunday and wow it really is as good as everyone says it is. My play ground has been trying to cancel plans and cram in another session as soon as possible.

i'm jealous. i want to play GH a lot, but don't have a regular group for it.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

scythe is on the table for tomorrow. along with memoir 44 and dominion

i have scythe but still need to learn it. did you use a video or learn it in person?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

i used rodney's video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffMLIL5qGQg

and i also read the manual a few times. the guys i played with for the first time also watched the video, so we all had a decent idea on how to play

honestly the video is only 30 minutes, so if youre planning on having a scythe game day, make the people who are playing watch it before you all get together. it will help

scythe is generally not my type of game, but it was a gift, so i want to get it to the table if possible

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tetramin posted:

Playing my first game of dungeons and dragons with a fun group and super helpful experienced DM. It is loving Awesome.

Also I saw some dominion chat. I have the original version and love it, are the updated versions better?

the expansions all add something interesting to the game. if you mean the expansion that 'fixes' a few core cards, then yes, that gets rid of the few weaknesses that base and intrigue had, and the replacement cards are very fun to play with.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Major Isoor posted:

Gonna be playing some board games with friends tonight, to start the weekend off on a high note. Not certain what we'll be playing at this stage, but it'll probably be either They Come Unseen (game where one side controls NATO subs and the other side controls USSR surface ships) or the Battlestar Galactica board game.
Possibly also playing a little bit of Dominion and/or Nuclear War, if we have a short-ish amount of time after a round of one of the two first, longer games I mentioned.

sounds like fun, Major. i've always wanted to play BG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
camel cup is great

• Locked thread