Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
ive been playing a lot of chess in my free time lately.. like more than i play video games even. i picked it up like a couple weeks ago and i really enjoy it a lot, ive even started to learn proper openings and strategy and stuff. it’s a wonderful game

Mr. Sophistication fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Oct 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Played some chess today

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Playing some chess tonight, online. I have lost 4 times and won 0 so far.. I hope my rating stabilizes soon and I can have opponents who haven't been training there entire lives just to viciously murder me in under 15 moves over and over again

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Major Isoor posted:

Is that on chess.com, or one of the other many chess sites? Since I used to play on chess.com ages ago, and I always thought it had the best UI for a chess site, compared to some of the others I've seen.

i actually just switched from chess.com to lichess, after a month and a half of playing exclusively on chess.com. i like the lichess UI better, everything is %100 free, and i kind of wanted a fresh slate as far as my standard/blitz/bullet rating goes, since i have some knowledge and experience under my belt now. and also my chess.com stats were severely padded by me slaughtering my coworkers over and over again until they didnt want to play with me anymore, so my win ratio was like 85% just because of them lol. hit me up if you want to play some time, Major. I have a feeling there's much I could learn from you

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Major Isoor posted:

Heh, I dunno - I haven't played in a few years, so I'm extremely rusty! I'll have to check lichess out though; sounds like a good site.

Also, the humans (myself included) lost the BSG game last night, sadly. We were doing quite well, up until the last third of the game where we effectively ground to a halt, drawing so many bad crisis cards, that spawned more and more Cylon attackers, (with a few others like water shortages and a terrorist bombing) none of which letting us spool up our FTL drive to jump again; so we could never escape the Cylon fleet surrounding us. Still, great game though - I'd like to play it again; hopefully having a more balanced/well-shuffled crisis deck, too! :D

According to my stats I'm in bottom 20% of all players on the site.. You can take me bro. My lichess username is the same as it is on here, send a challenge my way if you're ever in the mood. Cheers :D

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Might play a couple games of Chess.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i might play a game or two of internet chess.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's insanely hard to find a good group.

me and my friends used to play and it was fun but i wouldnt exactly call them a 'good group' because i was the only one willing to DM and also they would never really try to take it seriously which is fine but it was always 'can i gently caress the dragon lol. i roll to gently caress the dragon' every session

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

I played 6 hours of cards against humanity with my ex gf and her family one day

I never want to play that game again

See for me personally, I don't have to be told that touching a hot stove will be ouchie

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

P-Mack posted:

if he rolls a natural 20 you have to let him gently caress the dragon it's the rules

I'm pretty sure he got it in. This was years ago though, so maybe he did not

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

are there any good ways to play DnD over the internet? i know there's at least several options but i remember them all looking like doodoo, but if there was one with a solid interface i think a pimp zone dnd sesh would be fun

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I spent a couple hours with a friend I hadn't seen in like a year cause he was in a different state today and I got him to play a couple games of Chess with me. I kicked his rear end to the drat curb and now I got him playing online & practicing so he can get revenge lol. Playing on a physical board is 100x more fun than clicking and dragging online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I played Settlers of Catan on friday, but I forgot to post about it.

• Locked thread