Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

cosmic encounter during my lunch break today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

king of Tokyo on lunch. light easy game

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Wormskull posted:

My dad and grandpa molested me every time I played LIFE by Hilton-Brasdley with them so now I only play games such as Le Settlers of Catan by Jacques Cartier-Laurenne, The Night of the Wolf Witch by Darkhouse Games, Polumbo by Roy Johnstons Co., and of course the classics [b]Carcassone and [b]Boulderdash by Von Braunen Games, Inc.

lol

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

kingdom builder tomorrow for lunch I think. more like kingdumb builder

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

grape escape

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

kingdom builder today since lunch was canceled yesterday

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I won kingdom builder today :)

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I need to get that. I'm down for digital board games with my friends

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

i sure hope that's in Canadian dollars

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

pandemic on the brink with six virulent strain epidemic cards at lunch. we won with one outbreak to go and two cards left :cheers:

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

machi Koro at lunch even though I don't really like it that much but my Co worker does. we'll get some laughs from it

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

dominion is good

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Wormskull posted:

*a collective sigh from the whole table as Yobgoblin pulls another "Anne Frank" card out of his trenchcoat sleeve to play*

:eyepop:

yob no

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

pandemic at lunch, we lost

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

discount cathouse posted:

im bonna do the bougie gamenight thing that german couples do and play some gateway games with my gf's colleage and her bf. they only have settlers, im bringing carcassonne, istanbul and some filler games.

carcassonne is a great cutthroat game

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I did a team building thing at work using pandemic and everyone thought it was the most complex game as well

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

In Training posted:

More like bored game

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

gonna have a big ol board game day with my board game buds this Saturday. don't know what we're gonna play but I can guarantee it's going to be a goodd time :cheers:

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

do you have a normal group to play with or are you doing it solo? can you even do it solo?

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

whenever I've tried to get into dnd, the groups I've played with were not helpful and they didn't make it fun so gently caress it

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

ya it seems like most groups are kind of elitist and don't want to explain the game to a beginner

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I played 6 hours of cards against humanity with my ex gf and her family one day

I never want to play that game again

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

rediscover posted:

See for me personally, I don't have to be told that touching a hot stove will be ouchie

to be fair, I'm incredibly retarded

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

scythe is on the table for tomorrow. along with memoir 44 and dominion

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

sector_corrector posted:

i have scythe but still need to learn it. did you use a video or learn it in person?

i used rodney's video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffMLIL5qGQg

and i also read the manual a few times. the guys i played with for the first time also watched the video, so we all had a decent idea on how to play

honestly the video is only 30 minutes, so if youre planning on having a scythe game day, make the people who are playing watch it before you all get together. it will help

Neurotic Roleplay fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Dec 1, 2017

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Fungah! posted:

just got in pandemic s2, castles of burgundy, codenames duet and a 3 dollar filler eminent domain game. gonna see if i can get people over on sunday to try out CoB after D&D probably, then do pandemic next friday

castles of burgundy is good poo poo. take the time to organize it before hand, you'll save yourself some set up time

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Wormskull posted:

Oh I'm Definately clicking this video feat. a game I couldn't of even made up a real enough story about being molested and the bespectacled millenial uncle who got molested.

I hope you enjoy the video!

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Tetramin posted:

Playing my first game of dungeons and dragons with a fun group and super helpful experienced DM. It is loving Awesome.

Also I saw some dominion chat. I have the original version and love it, are the updated versions better?

buy the upgrade packs if you already have the first edition

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I bought streets of arkham expansion for mansions 2nd edition and splendor for my gf for Xmas

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

the version of splendor I got has flimsy lighter poker chips. I'm a little bummed about it out.

anyone play bored games with their family over Xmas?

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Major Isoor posted:

haha would you believe it, but I did that too! Had a couple of rounds of Dominion with my dad, as well.

dang must be nice to have a dad who likes dominion. my dad didn't understand love letter

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

my mom didn't understand how to play kingdom builder

im jealous of all the cool board game parents

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

gonna be snowed in this weekend. should be an epic time to play some board games with the gf

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

keyflower looks great and I want to play it

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I played solo Agricola and got 38 pts

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

lots of through the ages digital app but I suck real loving bad lol

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

goferchan posted:

I need to buy that, I'll play with you. Heard it's a great port and I love everything I've ever played by Vlaada. I bought Mage Knight like over a year ago and nobody has ever loving played it with me , I need to set it up and play it solo some time

i'm having a good time with it even though i'm still learning. let me know when you download it

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I saw the John company board and it looked weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Clank! and secret Hitler

• Locked thread