Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
why do they assume that cuphead is playing the pass line anyways... snake eyes could be a winning roll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Elder kettle is hood af

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

AceOfFlames posted:

I just want to know why the gently caress Mugman keeps drinking his own head contents. The hell is THAT about?

Judging from the 2015 trailer, whatever he's drinking was poured in there from an outside source ahead of time.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Just beat the devil on regular difficulty for the first time, and was terrified I'd have to fight him again because I died at almost the same time.

Luckily the game ignored the fact that Cuphead had just died and rolled the credits like normal. The only weird thing was the game wouldn't accept any inputs after it got back to the title screen. Fun game though.

Now to beat the bosses on expert I guess. They didn't seem too much harder on the first island until I got to the flower, who just sprays seeds CONSTANTLY on the first phase of the fight holy poo poo.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dejawesp posted:

No seriously why does he give us murder super powers so we can genocide everyone else on the island just so we can get out of paying our dues?

Do any of the bosses actually die since they're all alive and happy in the ending?

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Do any of the bosses actually die since they're all alive and happy in the ending?

Goopy Le Grande.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Wally.

But hey, gently caress Wally.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
youre just beating them up and forcing them to sign over their souls

the run and gun minions probably die though...

and they have nothing to do with soul collection and more to do with gathering gold coins

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I wondered whether the bosses have super powers because they signed their souls over or if they were all tempted by the craps table and are just crazy like that. The answer ofc doesn't matter.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Xad posted:

The only weird thing was the game wouldn't accept any inputs after it got back to the title screen. Fun game though.

Glad I'm not the only one who had that happen to them. Must just be something with the PC version.

No Wave posted:

I wondered whether the bosses have super powers because they signed their souls over or if they were all tempted by the craps table and are just crazy like that. The answer ofc doesn't matter.

I'd like to think it's because they signed over their souls, which leads me to wonder what type of powers Cuphead and Mugman get if you sign theirs over at the end.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Does the end of the Brineybeard fight suggest that the ship was captain brineybeard all along?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
the unnamed living ship just takes over the lead in the fight in a fit of rage, i believe

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I was going to kill King Dice, knowing that I just need to dash behind his hand to avoid cards and he alternates hands.

Well, he didn't alternate hands and as I yelled BULLSHIT upon seeing the same hand come down twice.... no cards came out. I shot him in the face while he twiddled his fingers forever.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i did the no-hit cheevo on king dice on expert and im upset to learn you can cheese the final fight

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The balance/bugfix patch is out:

quote:

• Fixed various freezes caused by controller disconnection/reconnection
• Fixed infinite controller rumble bug
• Fixed various freezes and soft-locks and crashes
• Improvements to saving and loading
• No longer possible to create a Mugman army.
• Fixed rapid-weapon-swap damage glitch
• Slight charge weapon damage reduction
• Charge weapon charge is now maintained during parry
• Now possible to unequip secondary weapon, Super, and Charm from equipment menu (Press "Y" to unequip)
• Mr. Chimes no longer gets stuck or goes off-screen
• King Dice’s Start Over square will now only trigger once per attempt
• Player 2 now appears in the King Dice board after being revived at the end of a mini-boss level
• Dice Palace score now properly resets when retrying the level
• Fixed improper hit boxes on the Devil's snake attack
• Fixed Devil's goat attack so it hits ducking players
• Elevator on Rugged Ridge no longer locks if Player 1 dies
• A+ grade now possible on Funfair Fever and Treetop Trouble
• No longer possible to damage bosses that are off-screen
• Fixed rare crash when parrying on Carnival Kerfuffle
• Fixed Roundabout shots not coming back on screen on select stages
• Baroness Von Bon Bon death results now properly displays progress on phase 3
• Dr. Kahl's Robot death results now properly displays progress on phase 1
• Fixed various minor collision bugs
• Various art and animation polish
• Minor sound effect bug fixes and polish
• Added spooky Mausoleum announcer
• Touch fuzzy, get a little dizzy

Also the woman who sings the King Dice theme joined YouTube :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2xBBDfhWfY

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Are "improper hit boxes" during the Devil where I go as far as I can to the opposite side and get hit by something on that end?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

quote:

• Fixed Devil's goat attack so it hits ducking players 
Eep

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

quote:

• Fixed rapid-weapon-swap damage glitch

RIP all of TheMexicanRunner's current world records. :sigh:

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I always assumed the goat attack couldn't be ducked so I dealt with it by dodging in mid air, I guess that was what you were supposed to do all along.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
yeah i never ducked the goat clap

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

Shibawanko posted:

I always assumed the goat attack couldn't be ducked so I dealt with it by dodging in mid air, I guess that was what you were supposed to do all along.

Same here. At least they fixed that issue with the snake hitbox where you would randomly get hit from one of the sides at least.

I'm still a bit sad that they fixed the weapon swap glitch. I thought it was there intentionally like a homage to Contra 3. Either way, despite not really agreeing with rebalancing this type of game, glad to see a lot of fixes were made to the game. Maybe I'll try going back to S ranking all of the boss fights again.

Ganson
Jul 13, 2007
I know where the electrical tape is!

Krakhan posted:

Same here. At least they fixed that issue with the snake hitbox where you would randomly get hit from one of the sides at least.

I'm still a bit sad that they fixed the weapon swap glitch. I thought it was there intentionally like a homage to Contra 3. Either way, despite not really agreeing with rebalancing this type of game, glad to see a lot of fixes were made to the game. Maybe I'll try going back to S ranking all of the boss fights again.

That's going to change speedrunning considerably if they don't tag the runs to the old version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but goddamn I had to vent after completing this. It's been a long time since a game has inspired such a childish level of rage in me. S++++ would cup again.

Anyway, I find it really odd that apparently rankings were changed without even an announcement in the patch notes last month. I ended up using Twin Heart for almost every S rank, as it now allows you to get hit twice and still get an S. You can even get the "take no hits against King Dice" achievement just by ending the fight with 3 or more health, which is just silly with the +3 HP from the level itself. I feel like that probably made everything massively easier, 'cause -10% damage is hardly anything.

• Locked thread