Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

discworld is all I read posted:

Overall playing this really makes me think of an odd mixture of Uncharted and Disaster: Day of Crisis. It's this combination of action set pieces and combat, sprinkled with scaling and parkour that I'd see in Uncharted. But then it's got these over the top disaster set pieces, fighting the environment, and just abysmal writing while still trying to be cinematic that I remember so fondly from Disaster (along with plenty of singular use mechanics that are promptly forgotten at times). It's just so unpolished but oddly endearing.

I think I'd like this game more if they had modeled in-game Edward after Christian Slater and his female cohort after Tara Reid. I think people could have forgiven the game more because of that.

Also...how did they make a sequel to the Alone in the Dark movie? I guess I shouldn't be surprised since I saw Bloodrayne 2 the movie where she has to fight vampire Billy the Kid played by the guy who played the Postal dude in the Postal movie.

Tying this game into the movie would make the universally accepted garbage more acceptable, b/c if it's based on a garbage movie you'll at least go in with really low expectations

I bought this and never finished it, it was just unplayable awful after a point to me. Im not even sure how far i made it beyond a couple of the big setpiece encounters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread