Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

You can't push the Cush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
Asylum rules.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah Hollis, luckily you were a happy, albeit annoying, drunk. You sure as hell loved everyone though.

So hey, here's a :glomp: to you buddy. You deserve it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Lurdiak posted:

Beginning at 8:30 EST, the final night of the Scream Stream's features are...

Dr. Terror's House of Horrors

and...

Asylum

followed by...

The Real Ghostbusters

and finally...

The X-files

Be there!

It was actually Lil Mama. Choco never gets a pizza, because he sucks. And no pizza place near him takes online orders. But mostly the sucks part.

I hate you so much Lurdiak. Just, so so much.

Also I wasn't there last night. I was at my Halloween party. Getting white girl wasted. So in a crazy way, I win! :spidey:

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Another awesome line up! Thanks so much for everything Lurd. Arraigning the movies has to be hard enough, yet alone all the pizzas . We all appreciate it and I know I look forward to the stream all year.

I never did get the correct order, but they did give me my cousins pizza sub order who coincidently ordered at the same time. Even with a screencap of the receipt (showing order, payment and the location) they would not honor it, saying they never received it although they 100% did. This is Marcos pizza by the way so I suggest everyone avoid them.

At least my cousins order was the sub equivalent of what I ordered so it all worked out .

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I don't want Scream Stream to end :(

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

raditts posted:

I don't want Scream Stream to end :(

Same. The worst thing about the last day of Scream Stream is that it's the longest time before the next Scream Stream.

I will say this year's was one of the best I've been witness to. From the depths of Chillerama to the heights of Body Bags, it's been wonderful.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

MisterBibs posted:

I will say this year's was one of the best I've been witness to. From the depths of Chillerama to the heights of Body Bags, it's been wonderful.

I haven't been able to make it to as many of these as I'd like, but it's nice to know I was there for both extremes. (Also the end sequence of Dead of Night was super super sick)

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
This has probably been my least attended stream (due to reasons beyond my control) and it's a bummer. I am looking forward to Halloween night which is always a grand finale which is then followed by my tiredest day of work in the whole year

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Beginning at 8:30 EST, the final night of the Scream Stream's features are...

Dr. Terror's House of Horrors

and...

Asylum

followed by...

The Real Ghostbusters

and finally...

The X-files

Be there!

Live in 10!
Join the Discord!

Dr.Caligari posted:

Another awesome line up! Thanks so much for everything Lurd. Arraigning the movies has to be hard enough, yet alone all the pizzas . We all appreciate it and I know I look forward to the stream all year.

I never did get the correct order, but they did give me my cousins pizza sub order who coincidently ordered at the same time. Even with a screencap of the receipt (showing order, payment and the location) they would not honor it, saying they never received it although they 100% did. This is Marcos pizza by the way so I suggest everyone avoid them.

At least my cousins order was the sub equivalent of what I ordered so it all worked out .

What a bunch of fuckers.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
lurdiak you can't do that

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Bermuda Triangle did 9/11

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

super sweet best pal posted:

Bermuda Triangle did 9/11

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLv5JQ4UVl8

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
drat I wish I didn't have to leave early. I want to know about the towers and DDay getting banned.

Ah well. Can't have it all.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Oh gently caress it, I'm too antsy.

Happy Halloween boils and ghouls! Tomorrow's the last night of the Scream Stream, but it's also Halloween night. So we're going with something special but also something more casual. Something you can drop in and out of while you hand out candy, or catch the tail end of as you return from a shindig with friends.

So we're starting at 5 PM EST Tuesday evening, and going til the deep dark hours of the night.

We're kicking off with...

Creepshow

followed by...

Creepshow 2

and then...

Dude Bro Party Massacre III

and we're finishing the night with...

The WNUF Halloween Special

Also, all throughout the evening we'll see a few last episodes of...

The Real Ghostbusters

And maybe we'll squeeze in a little more

The X-files

As well as a few other surprises! Drop by and get your scare on!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

drat I wish I didn't have to leave early. I want to know about the towers and DDay getting banned.

Ah well. Can't have it all.

No big mystery about DDay, I don't like him and he made a weird creepy comment so I banned him.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
YESSS

what drama did i miss last night?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Frankly, I was sitting there and still missed the drama. He blocked him before I could read the offending comment apparently.

Regarding 9/11, on Extreme Ghostbusters, there was a ghost-monster-thing that was all tentacles and mouths hiding in fog that was apparently behind the Bermuda Triangle, but it was getting bigger, eating bigger things, and went to NYC. During the montage of its attacks, it just casually shows it eating WTC.

Unrelated, I haven't seen Dude Bro Massacre so that'll be a fun capper for the October Challenge for me

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I propose this line for the Chat Of The Stream, btw.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Just echoing the another year another great stream sentiments.

Since the main theme this year was anthologies, I was kind of hoping that Devil's Carnival would show up as a surprise pick.

It's not really a horror movie, but I always really liked it and I'm not usually much for musicals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYIioYDI2Iw

Vakal fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Oct 31, 2017

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Thanks, this is stuck in my head, now.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I gotta admit, I probably should've put in more obscure weird anthologies instead of being so Amicus-heavy, but my policy is to automatically include anything with Peter Cushing or Vincent Price.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

I gotta admit, I probably should've put in more obscure weird anthologies instead of being so Amicus-heavy, but my policy is to automatically include anything with Peter Cushing or Vincent Price.

I noticed Two Evil Eyes in my Amazon queue. I should have mentioned it when you were taking requests before October, it would have been fun to see a 2-short anthology between Romero and Argento. Maybe next year. :shrug:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Lurdiak posted:

'Tis the correct policy.

Those were all weird and obscure to me and I'd imagine it would be for the average horror movie fan. None as cultured as you folk. :smug: That was a great theme. I can't get enough of Cushing and Price and we saw the full range of them. Sorry I missed last night and I think I actually might be sick. That never happens. I still have half a pizza left in my fridge. That thing was huge.

I love the Scream Stream.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Well if it helps, I think the stream has successfully filled in all my amicus gaps so there is that...

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Those were all weird and obscure to me and I'd imagine it would be for the average horror movie fan. None as cultured as you folk. :smug:
I love the Scream Stream.

It's not so much that there's anything wrong with any of the Amicus anthologies, but more that after the 4th or 5th one you kinda get what they're about. They even reuse actors and sets between some of them. So I feel like for the sake of variety, I should've packed in some other stuff.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Lurdiak posted:

Oh gently caress it, I'm too antsy.

Happy Halloween boils and ghouls! Tomorrow's the last night of the Scream Stream, but it's also Halloween night. So we're going with something special but also something more casual. Something you can drop in and out of while you hand out candy, or catch the tail end of as you return from a shindig with friends.

So we're starting at 5 PM EST Tuesday evening, and going til the deep dark hours of the night.

Creepshow

followed by...

Creepshow 2

and then...

The Real Ghostbusters

The X-files

No big mystery about DDay, I don't like him and he made a weird creepy comment so I banned him.

:aaa:

I have orientation for a new job tomorrow ( :) ) so unfortunately I will miss most or all of Creepshow but I'm hype as gently caress for the rest of the night! It's been a magical ride. I had that last movie on my Shudder list to watch as well so I'm glad it's part of the Scream Stream.

Lurd, you have been a amazing host and it's been a blast riffing with everyone in Discord. Being a fan of horror movies, I always made October a time to dig in deep with movies, and the Scream Stream has made that experience 100x better. Thanks everyone!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
If you haven’t seen the WNUF special, make sure you tune in. It’s super weird. I remember watching it on tv when I was a kid and it still sorta haunts me to this day.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Jose Oquendo posted:

If you haven’t seen the WNUF special, make sure you tune in. It’s super weird. I remember watching it on tv when I was a kid and it still sorta haunts me to this day.

Looking forward to it

Franchescanado fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Oct 31, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Nothing to see here.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Oct 31, 2017

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

I love Scream Stream so much. What do you think Franchescanado?

Lurdiak, it's the bee's fuckin' knees.

Franchescanado fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 31, 2017

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Extreme Ghostbusters is the paramount entry of the Ghostbusters brand with the 2016 remake coming in a close second.

Not sure I agree with that statement. But I respect your beliefs.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Creepshow

followed by...

Creepshow 2

and then...

The Real Ghostbusters

The X-files

Live in an hour!
Join the Discord!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Realtalk, though, Extreme Ghostbusters isn't that bad, it just dates itself pretty easily by having that 90s brand of inclusiveness in its cast. Having the four leads be Mexican Dude, Goth Chick, Wheelchair Guy, and Nerdy Black Dude Who Is Voiced By Carlton For God's Sake is peak 90s.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Every show needs a Goth Chick. :colbert:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Nothing wrong with having Carlton in your show.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

The X-Files was a serviceable show at best that didn't really hit its stride until it replaced Mulder and Scully with John Doggett and Monica Reyes.

Lurd's not holding back his true feelings tonight.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I didn't mind Dogget that much. Someone here said it better than I could, but Mulder would always believe the thing was a vampire, Scully would say it was a diseased person, but Dogget would shrug and pack some silver bullets, because why not.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Honestly, I had a huge crush on Reyes as a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Dude Bro Party Massacre III was pretty good for an intentionally stupid film.

• Locked thread