Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Why do all streamers have those like, 5-point harness racing chairs? Does that company just give them all to any one that streams for free? Can I make a twitch channel real quick because I could use a new chair?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Saint Freak posted:

Why do all streamers have those like, 5-point harness racing chairs? Does that company just give them all to any one that streams for free? Can I make a twitch channel real quick because I could use a new chair?

I think that actually is pretty common yea, the company will send them to streamers if they think they're popular enough for it to serve as free advertising.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Please follow me on my new twitch channel cause daddy needs a new chair. I think I'll call it SCREAM STREAM if that names not already taken.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Basebf555 posted:

I dunno what she's up to but I would sure like to.

:quagmire:

Saint Freak posted:

Because they're really comfy and if you're going to be playing games for 6+ hours at a time it's a good idea to get a good chair.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I still definitely want to do this but I'm already kind of sleepy, and there's still an hour and a half to go :v:

s.i.r.e. posted:

Because they're really comfy and if you're going to be playing games for 6+ hours at a time it's a good idea to get a good chair.
Are they actually any better than something proper like a Steelcase Leap or Aeron chair? My guess would be that no, but they're more extreme gamer looking.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

mobby_6kl posted:

I still definitely want to do this but I'm already kind of sleepy, and there's still an hour and a half to go :v:

Are they actually any better than something proper like a Steelcase Leap or Aeron chair? My guess would be that no, but they're more extreme gamer looking.

The Aeron isn't any better than the Mirra or Mirra 2, and costs a lot more.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jedit posted:

The Aeron isn't any better than the Mirra or Mirra 2, and costs a lot more.

So it's typical gamer paraphernalia.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Lurdiak posted:

So it's typical gamer paraphernalia.
Yeah pretty much, it just has a lot of hype and name recognition.

So does the stream start around now or in an hour? According to google's time conversion it should be now, but my east-coast clock is showing only 7:30 :(

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

So does the stream start around now or in an hour? According to google's time conversion it should be now, but my east-coast clock is showing only 7:30 :(

It starts in 48 minutes.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

mobby_6kl posted:

Sounds like google miiiight not be taking into consideration daylight savings time. Trust the east coast clock.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

All right all right, I don't usually do this but I can tell you're getting antsy.

SCREAM STREAM INAUGURAL NIGHT

This Friday's features, beginning at 8:30 EST are...

The Vault of Horror

and...

ABCs of Death 2

We'll also be playing...

Mystery Bonus Features

This is also your chance to tune in and win...

Be there!

LIVE IN 9!

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Basebf555 posted:

I dunno what she's up to but I would sure like to.

Same.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
Night one was pretty great. Didn't realize the first movie was a forgotten childhood favorite and the second was a whole lot better than I thought it was going to be. Bonuses were solid too.

P P P P P P Great/10

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Vault was great and I'd planned on watching it again this year anyway so that saved some time.

ABCs 2 was a real mixed bag. The good parts were really good, the bad parts were awful (F is for gently caress that lovely story) and the names were too detached from the actual story most of the time. Shame the director of Z used it as an excuse for weird fetish crap, it was ending on mostly high notes up until that.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

e: actually, nevermind. Things still don't click about that short.

Adlai Stevenson fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Oct 7, 2017

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
The viewer number was high last night... let's see who lasts and what's left of them :drac:

I like to think 60 people sent money for the pizza raffle and someomes getting $300 worth of pizza tonight

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Really enjoyed Vault of Horror last night. I love British horror so much.

ABCs of Death 2 had a few interesting moments but it's not something I'd ever recommend because it's not consistent enough. Which is impossible when you have 26 shorts and, according to the opening crawl, you don't exercise any sort of creative control or editing over what gets in and what doesn't. Seems inevitable that like a third of them will end up being poo poo, which they were.

If we're getting an episode of Ghostbusters after every stream that's exciting, The Boogeyman Cometh is one of my favorite episodes of that show.

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
I really need to put a reminder for myself next time so i wont forget. But i did catch x-files, wich was fun since it was one of my fav episodes.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
I'm assuming that it's not too late to send Lurdiak the pizza $$$? I blanked last night and just wanted to be sure.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I had to check out after Vault of Horror but that was fun, wish it wasn't at such an awkward time here. Are the people watching it mostly goons?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Beginning at 8:30 EST, tonight's features are...

Spirits of the Dead

and...

Campfire Tales (1997)

followed by...

The Real Ghostbusters

and finally...

The X-files

Be sure to tune in to find out who won the...

Be there!

Fun fact: I had a different lineup prepared for tonight, but I dreamt I showed Campfire Tales and everyone loved it. And it seemed.... so real. So very real.

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I'm assuming that it's not too late to send Lurdiak the pizza $$$? I blanked last night and just wanted to be sure.

Sorry, I jumped the gun on the raffle. Usually I wait until like 5 PM the next day but I knew I was gonna be busy today and figured I'd get it out of the way. You can try again next week. :shobon:

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Dang, oh well! I'l get that pizza yet! Until then I will feast on the horror that is :spooky: Scream Stream :spooky:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Hell yeah I can't wait to have an orgy with Edgar Allan Poe's giant spherical head.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I never thought I'd ever see "Edgar Allen Poe" and "Orgy" in the same sentence.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Im frantically trying to sanitize my entire house (from rats) before this starts tonight

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Two movies I haven't seen and more X Files?

:3:

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Histoires Extraordinaires is awesome. The Fellini segment is the best thing he ever did

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Probably been asked before in other threads, but screw the giving-money-for-pizza thing, how do we throw a few bills to Lurd for something a lot of people (myself included) look forward to during the year?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I don't know if I'm comfortable getting paid to show other people's work.

Super Fan
Jul 16, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Campfire Tales looks like a POS but a 5.9 on IMDB ain't bad for a horror movie.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Beginning at 8:30 EST, tonight's features are...

Spirits of the Dead

and...

Campfire Tales (1997)

followed by...

The Real Ghostbusters

and finally...

The X-files

Be sure to tune in to find out who won the...

Be there!

Live in 10!

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

chat not working for anyone else?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

weekly font posted:

chat not working for anyone else?

Yeah I'm having a real hard time staying connected to chat.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

I was this year's first pizza raffle winner, and boy howdy was it exciting! I yelled out loud and my partner ran from the basement to see if I was okay.

Thanks, Lurdiak!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Describe the pizza. Don't be afraid to get a little lurid

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

It was like 60s Jane Fonda in a bizarre cuddle orgy, next to a very tall cake inexplicably cut all the way in half.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Mods, can I get a name change to Toby Dammit?

SomeJazzyRat fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Oct 8, 2017

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Mods, can I get a name change to Toby Dammit?

Told you it kicks rear end

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

DeimosRising posted:

Describe the pizza. Don't be afraid to get a little lurid

BBQ sauce
Grilled Chicken
Spinach
Feta Cheese
Turkey Bacon

The note said "surprise me".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007