Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

And Henderson. Bisping is the goat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Bisping has never even been the best MW but if he beat Jones I'd call him the goat

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Alternatively, there's never been a time when Bisping hasn't been the best MW.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Bisping is a lame oval office

Just watch him on TUF, he's a turd. He eventually learned to behave a certain way infront of cameras though, ill give him that

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

Watching an overweight French Canadian fruit shadow box clumsily knowing that very soon a smug British man will kill him and call him names seems regressive somehow but I think it's important so we don't go forgetting what sport we follow.

i like that part of mma. im not so interested in the trash talking and media stuff but i like that the athletes can mostly just say whatever they want

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/918850173673013250

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bisping is going to make GSP look silly. It's gonna look like a kid trying to wrestle his dad.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Nice! posted:

Bisping is going to make GSP look silly. It's gonna look like a kid trying to wrestle his dad.

Yeah if GSP doesn't put easily him on his rear end in the first minute it's gonna get ugly

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Bisping deservedly is mocked for his very British double, but his defensive wrestling is really, really good.

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

bisping's 2016 was one of the most Insanely Cool things to happen in MMA, IMO.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Cart Mountain posted:

bisping's 2016 was one of the most Insanely Cool things to happen in MMA, IMO.

It's probably the single best career narrative the sport has ever seen.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Winnipeg also getting Aldo-Lamas II, Perry-Ponz, and Mein-E.Silva.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Eat This Glob posted:

Bisping deservedly is mocked for his very British double, but his defensive wrestling is really, really good.

Chael Sonnen struggled to wrestle Bisping while making most other 185/205 guys prior to that look silly. I don't think GSP has better wrestling than Chael plus he'll be giving up a lot in size difference. Chael and Bisping are both 6'1". GSP is only 5'10".

GSP has a major uphill battle to win this fight and I'm not sure he does it.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I hope it's a good fight. I think it will be.

mewse
May 2, 2006

CommonShore posted:

Winnipeg also getting Aldo-Lamas II, Perry-Ponz, and Mein-E.Silva.

Nice!

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Mr. Nice! posted:

I don't think GSP has better wrestling than Chael
IIRC, Chael has said GSP is better, but that is most likely in a pound-for-pound context. GSP is a better athlete as well, but the muscle mass difference might be enough to swamp all that.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Dana said Tferg is next for Conor, not Diaz

https://youtu.be/j0AoUB9Nqtw?t=1407

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Looking forwards to Conor V Diaz III

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Nierbo posted:

that's just nate playing hardball and asking for what he deserves

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Bisping is bigger than GSP, is the champion in a weight class GSP has never fought in, has good takedown defense, punches people pretty good, and is not afraid of aliens. I think he's got this.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Queering Wheel posted:

Bisping is bigger than GSP, is the champion in a weight class GSP has never fought in, has good takedown defense, punches people pretty good, and is not afraid of aliens. I think he's got this.

but can he handle da riddum

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Counterpoint: Bisping had to cheat to beat Rivera in a fistfight, and I'm fairly sure I saw GSP throw a jab once, so it's dans le sac mes amis.

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009
https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/918871919293882369

good

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Nierbo posted:

This is the more interesting fight.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think Tony's gonna win

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I think Tony's gonna win

Tony's gonna get lamped in the first 2 rounds

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I mean if it's conor with a gun vs tony without a gun though

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

1st AD posted:

Tony's gonna get lamped in the first 2 rounds

Yeah, I'm just not sure he's going to get KO'd from it. He recovers well.

He'll give Conor fits if he makes into round 3 onwards, I reckon.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Tony will win via brutal G&P in round 2 and then three weeks later Conor will be explaining how he was the real winner of the fight.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Tony is likely gonna get his head knocked off.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Josuke Higashikata posted:

He'll give Conor fits if he makes into round 3 onwards, I reckon.

Yeah, if Tony makes it to round 3 Conor's gonna get tuckered out.

I don't think he makes it to 3 though.

CommonShore posted:

Tony will win via brutal G&P in round 2 and then three weeks later Conor will be explaining how he was the real winner of the fight.

by using the cowardly gaijin martial art of gay sex fighting, Tony will dishonor the UFC and Conor will be the defacto champion still by fighting with his bushido spirit and tae kwon do for the pleasure of the masses

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I mean if it's conor with a gun vs tony without a gun though

TonyFergusonXT: Put It Like This Playboy, In Your Wildest Dreams You Couldn't Touch Me Without A Knife, A Gun, A Sword

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Tony is very hittable, but he recovers well. I hope we get to see some scrambles. Interesting fight.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Cartoon Conor lookin a little flabby around the midsection

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/MojahedFudailat/status/918147707293839362

lol

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Conor has yet to defend a belt in the UFC right? Unification but no defenses. At one point I said he would not defend a belt before the end of this year, and I still stand by that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

kensei posted:

Conor has yet to defend a belt in the UFC right? Unification but no defenses. At one point I said he would not defend a belt before the end of this year, and I still stand by that.

He didn't defend a belt in the B League where he had two belts or in the UFC, but he did win while interim champ so he has that under his belt, yeah.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Work Friend Keven posted:

I don't think this fight will actually happen.

• Locked thread