Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Barboza would beat Tony in a rematch where he isn't illegally knocked out half way through. That rematch should be for the interim belt. I think he's still recovering from surgery though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Skip My Posts posted:

barboza is a killer

I'll never get tired of watching him effortlessly whip his shins at people over and over.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/DamonMartin/status/915308097882742784

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

I'll start the bidding then .. $16

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

UFC NOV: You're busting my balls here. Balls. Busting them.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I'm kind of hoping one of the networks goes big and pays for all the numbered events. I wonder how much you'd have to offer to get the UFC to end PPV.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i'll give em about tree fiddy lol

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

I.N.R.I posted:

I'll start the bidding then .. $16

I'm Rick Harrison and THIS is my pawn shop

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

threeagainstfour posted:

I'll never get tired of watching him effortlessly whip his shins at people over and over.

There's that footage of him backstage at one of the UFC Brazils warming up, and his coach is visibly wincing even with a huge target between them.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Rigel posted:

I'm kind of hoping one of the networks goes big and pays for all the numbered events. I wonder how much you'd have to offer to get the UFC to end PPV.

How exactly did Fox and the UFC agree on the quality tiering between numbered PPVs and FS1/Fox Fight Night events in the first place?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

threeagainstfour posted:

Insanely good fight if you have never seen it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mythig0H0H0

sick

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Snowman_McK posted:

There's that footage of him backstage at one of the UFC Brazils warming up, and his coach is visibly wincing even with a huge target between them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB3bBzYfpoM

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Looks like someone has no loving clue about how much they are really worth to the UFC.

https://twitter.com/criscyborg/status/915342923520131072

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
That would be pretty cool if they somehow went off the Ppv model

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Rigel posted:

Looks like someone has no loving clue about how much they are really worth to the UFC.

https://twitter.com/criscyborg/status/915342923520131072

And who says WME is making bad financial decisions?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Will it's her job to say they are. Doing it on Twitter seems desperate but she's doing pretty well so far.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

'it turned out that the division we made for you is a joke, and the spectacle with evinger measurably worsened our product. we are paying you less now. this is not a negotiation.'

that's what i'd like to think happens but for real there are a whole big bunch of weirdos who love that freak and she is probably somehow worth money.

hahaha i remember how she dropped evinger with a jab, obviously allowed her to recover, then carried her for two more rounds

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Yeah, Cyborg managed to win a really one sided fight but do it so badly that it somehow lowered her stock. She really is a one of a kind athlete.

Also, confirming that she does have a bizarrely devoted fanbase.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
A lot of people like invincible monster fighters, it's not really a surprise.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Fat Twitter Man posted:

A lot of people like invincible monster fighters, it's not really a surprise.

They're usually better fighters, though.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

if you looked at cyborg vs. evinger and was seriously impressed with cyborg's ability to crush her and started extrapolating that to mean 'invincible' then yeah you might be a weirdo

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Holly Holm has a gas tank, I honestly pick her to beat Cyborg. She's canny and rangy enough to dance around and avoid getting swamped, and could pick cyborg apart from the outside and tire her out.

I'm not watching it though because I can't imagine it being entertaining for a loving second.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

on the contrary i believe cyborg's aggression, though not as spastic as ronda's, might drag a watchable fight out of holm. it's the only 145 fight i am even remotely interested in because i too see cyborg losing. then we can shut down that stupid loving division forever.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
She's a monster though. That's for sure

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Holloway vs Edgar 12/2 UFC 218

Hell yea

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

easy win for max :D

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

if max wins, and he should, he has completed the featherweight division as far as i'm concerned. tkz would be a good fight if a one-sided one. other than that though who cares. the kid is a loving monster. superfights with garbrandt / tony would be cool but other than that??

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

conor would rather fight him than kevin lee i'm sure, but if lee wins then he'll go fight nate probably

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
frankie might win

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Frankie's gonna win and it's gonna be FOTY.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

lol DJ was talking about training for every situation at media scrum and said matt brown has come up to him in the gym and said "DEATHMATCH, GO" and tried to take him out

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

it would be seriously loving cool if frank won because he's the only guy in mma at the moment who is capable of being a 3 division champion and that would just be an insane accomplishment.

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

little Frankie could win but I think Max probably picks him apart

I wonder how many fights Edgar has left

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

handsome only face posted:

lol DJ was talking about training for every situation at media scrum and said matt brown has come up to him in the gym and said "DEATHMATCH, GO" and tried to take him out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtMnYoGPhJs&t=17s

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lloyd Boner posted:

Holloway vs Edgar 12/2 UFC 218

Hell yea

That's such a loving great fight.

Marching Powder posted:

if max wins, and he should, he has completed the featherweight division as far as i'm concerned. tkz would be a good fight if a one-sided one. other than that though who cares. the kid is a loving monster. superfights with garbrandt / tony would be cool but other than that??

I think it'd be a pretty solid argument he's the greatest FTW ever. I'm thirsty for that Conor rematch at whatever weight they're both comfortable at don't care about titles.

mewse
May 2, 2006

When you cut it there it's just Sage going "my turn" and moving to grab MM's crotch

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mewse posted:

When you cut it there it's just Sage going "my turn" and moving to grab MM's crotch

this is a semenal moment for us devoted fans who are keenly following his growth ... hes become a real man, in control of his own destiny.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

I.N.R.I posted:

this is a semenal moment for us devoted fans who are keenly following his growth ... hes become a real man, in control of his own destiny.

Amazing for a 19 year old that is only 19

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Theres an mma journalist mike russell who gets really fixated on stuff. Right now hes convinced frankie's manager ali abdelaziz did 9/11. I think maybe he was the guy who interviewed justin thacker, found out he had a mental condition that made him a compulsive liar, and then reported everything thacker said as fact without verifying anything. If so he is the world's most credulous man. However, i hope he gets frankie executed as a traitor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Oh that was mindenhall. Russell is focused only on edmonton athletic commissions and abdelaziz

• Locked thread