Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Speaking of second best is Joseph Benavidez still dead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

Khabib supposedly turned down the fight with tony that lee got for the interim belt

Now that's a duck, you got a source?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Work Friend Keven posted:

155 isn't actually that small. Like its walking around at 170ish which is fairly big if you're average height. 125 is a special joke weight class for actual freaks that shouldn't exist. Might as well watch that legless wrestler fight huskies in the 95 lb division. Might as well watch cyborg.

Why do you keep watching?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Work Friend Keven posted:

WHy do I keep watching despite there being 1 division out of 10+ that I don't like? Which has like 14 total fighters in it? Gosh, good question.

Why are you watching his fights? Why do you feel the need to kick every dead horse you come across?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Rigel posted:

Its a bit. Kevin is playing a very amusing character, and his takes shouldn't always be taken seriously.

Obviously. My point is that he latches onto a joke that was funny for a week and runs it into the ground. It gets real old having to slog through a bunch of white noise keven posts just because someone below 155 was brought up.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

kimbo305 posted:

Well there's always the ignore button.

Doesn't work when half the thread quotes him. Also, he is funny other times he just doesn't let go of poo poo.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

tesilential posted:

Hahaha, just heard mighty house on the MMA hour and he's already backtracking on fighting Cody/TJ next and in fact will never go up. Doesn't want to fight bigger and better guys when he still has challenges like sergio pettis at FW.

Well the plan was always for the 135 guy to drop down so I don't know why you'd latch onto that.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
It's too bad Machida and Anderson never fought. Two of the best strikers and innovators of the time feinting and circling each other for 25 minutes would have been cool to see.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

attackmole posted:

I am like the biggest Frankie fan next to fatherdog but like hell did he dominate lightweight.

Not any more than Gomi.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Guess he didn't take down Diaz and Condit over and over.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

I’m always aware of the closest non-white dude

Please don't fetishize us.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Fat Twitter Man posted:

The only knock I have on JJ is my entirely subjective dislike of people who cut a ton of weight to be huge for their weight class, like featherweight Conor. I know JJ only fights at 115 because 125 wasn't an option, but it still bothers me to see someone beat someone who looks two sizes smaller even if they're objectively having a great performance against a challenging opponent.

Just cuz Andrade and Gadelha are short doesn't mean they're atomweights. Kowalkiewicz has a large frame for the weightclass too.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's mean for the UFC to plan for Bobbyknucks to lose to the MW GOAT, Michael Bisping, at home.

Bisping has absolutely nothing for Whitaker.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

he's left hook larry, whittaker is going to get cream crackered

Bisping is going to have to cheat like crazy to beat him.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

I mean, if I'm being serious, I genuinely think Bobby could run through Bisping and make it look easy, he's young, real good and hungry for success but asking Bisping to cheat is like asking water to continue being wet.

Yeah that's why I added like crazy. He'd have to pull out all the tricks.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

BlindSite posted:

if Bobby cant find his chin and hurt him.

Have you ever watched Bisping fight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

CRISPYBABY posted:

That's GSP's problem. He's using half measures, when he should be going all the way.

He always gets up for fight night.

• Locked thread