Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Fozzy The Bear
Sep 27, 2009

Work Friend Keven posted:

First off I'd like to say RIP to the victims of the deadliest spree shooting in American history, second I'd like to say I hope this doesn't impact me watching lightweights fight in glorious 480p on a Russian stream while I post "uhhhh nice tattoos IDIOT" in the game day thread.

This was funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fozzy The Bear
Sep 27, 2009

Luke Thomas said on his podcast today "There is some big news coming out about Luke Rockhold, in 2018, that is unrelated to his fight career, that I can't quite share. Really big news"
42:35 in the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uQcWBIjF14

Anyone have any idea? He's running for political office?

Fozzy The Bear
Sep 27, 2009

willie_dee posted:

I get that Dana White is pissed, I think its because he was lied to as to why they "couldn't" do the show.

I can't think of a much safer event than to do a live event, an arena filled with absolute hard lads, all ready to stand and bang.

The Lord of Lies angry someone else is using his gimmick.

Fozzy The Bear
Sep 27, 2009

Modelo is a large brewery in Mexico owned by Belgian-Brazilian company Anheuser-Busch InBev.

e: oops, already said

Fozzy The Bear
Sep 27, 2009

Ian McCall was released from the UFC

Wikipedia posted:

A rematch with Dustin Ortiz was expected to take place on August 8, 2015 at UFC Fight Night 73.[27] However, McCall pulled out of the fight in late July citing injury and was replaced by Willie Gates.[28]

McCall was expected to face Justin Scoggins on July 30, 2016 at UFC 201.[29] However, only 2 days before the event, Scoggins announced he was not going to make the contracted weight. The UFC pulled Scoggins and canceled the bout.[30]

McCall was expected to face Ray Borg on September 10, 2016 at UFC 203.[31] However, Borg pulled out of the fight on September 7 citing an illness. With no time to find a suitable replacement, McCall was removed from the card.[32]

McCall was expected to face Neil Seery on November 19, 2016 at UFC Fight Night 99.[33] However, McCall was pulled from the fight one day before it was scheduled to take place. It was rebooked for UFC 208, and this time Seery pulled out of what was expected to be his retirement bout two weeks before.[34][35]

McCall was expected to face Jarred Brooks on February 11, 2017 at UFC 208. However, McCall was pulled from the fight the day it was scheduled to take place due to gastrointestinal illness.[36]

Fozzy The Bear
Sep 27, 2009

Memento posted:

I'm sure they will, but testing positive for Oral Turinabol is a real smoking gun on this one. It's an incredibly specific drug to test positive for and because it was the big thing that East Germany used for their state-sponsored doping programs it's very well know to the testing laboratories. There's no other reason it would be in a fighter's system apart from "they're a dirty cheat". There are no pharmaceutical manufacturers of it, so the only way to get it is underground from dodgy Chinese research chemical labs.

Tainted supplements bro.

Fozzy The Bear
Sep 27, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

GSP just looks like GSP but older and less lean thanks to being out of fighting for a while. I mean itís real loving amusing but

You don't get it, now that he is back we all get to make gay jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fozzy The Bear
Sep 27, 2009

Disgusting Coward posted:

Yo for the record I don't care that Bisping says fag and spits on people I just think he's got prior form for losing to old guys who know how to throw A Punch. Lost to Hendo twice, lost to Wanderlei, had to cheat against Rivera and Belcher. GSP is now an Old Guy who knows how to throw A Punch and also a masterful cheater in his own right so Bisping is gonna be scrapin' his bloomin' eyeballs offa the ol' pavement before the end of the bout cor blimey love a duck God save the Queen what what.

Too long, didn't read

• Locked thread