Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Conor and Cyborg division championships have a long and storied history and I can't believe anyone would besmirch the reputation of the UFC's Conor McGregor or Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino divisions.

It's actually insulting that they've decided to change the Bisping division back into the Middleweight division to let GSP have a fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I thought this was the rick and morty copypasta for a moment

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Glover vs Gus fight was one sided as gently caress but Gus still made harder work of it than he needed to. Teixeira was clearly outmatched from the get go and Gus was sprinting out of range at the first sign of offense. Frustrating fight, really.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'd imagine it would depend more on the progress of the police investigation more than anything, and I can't imagine that would take so long as to stop public transit through the area on Saturday.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

we should have a live action re-enactment

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

the real question is

who gives a gently caress about luke thomas or luke rockhold?
the only time luke thomas was ever relevant about anything was when jon jones said he wouldn't talk to him for seemingly no reason outside of the fact that he's luke thomas

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

luke rockhold is really good at fighting, so i guess i give a gently caress?

Please don't break canon by saying you like fights in the UFC thread

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Work Friend Keven posted:

I mean, he's not that good. He's worse than mike "the count" bisping, for instance.

Every fighter on earth is worse than Count "Mike" The Bisping, to be fair.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tony Ferguson might be busting out the Dragonball references, which is the strongest base in MMA, but the indoor sunglasses look he always pulls nullifies it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If he was smart like Ugly Tony, he'd have used his Ki to float ever so slightly.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Conor vs Tony would be a sick fight. Shame Conor has no intention of ever defending a belt.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't like his taste in video games so he's a dork and a loser and less importantly, a good fighter.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I guess after he wins tonight he'll say he's going to wait and see what happens in Cody vs TJ and then call out Magomed Bibulatov the day after

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

RIP Kimbo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ElRoncho posted:

"People just like bigger fighters bro."

Meanwhile, the world is obsessed with Conor McGregor and few people could pick Stipe Miocic or Deontay Wilder out of a lineup.

Conor's popularity is barely a fair comparison for anyone because it's almost incomprehensible how he got so popular and even then, it's mostly because he talks mad poo poo in a funny accent and then the fact sparks people a distant second.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lloyd Boner posted:

It's not at all incomprehensible. Talking mad poo poo and backing it up is exactly how you get popular.

Many have done both of these things and can't compare to his popularity. The amazing bit is just how successful he has been with it, not that the poo poo talk etc is how he got popular

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

For some reason I just had the idea of Max Holloway vs Justin Gaethje and I felt the need to let others imagine this insanely sick fight that should happen someday.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He did dodge TJ. You can dress it up how you want but when push comes to shove, he was offered a contract to fight TJ and he made noise until he got one to fight Borg, a massively easier fight.

It's pointless to be worried about TJ missing weight when TJ has never missed weight and say you want to fight Ray Borg instead, who is noted for missing weight.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's a much less pressing concern to have about TJ over Borg considering TJ's a professional fighter and it can be assumed he'll do everything he can to make weight, including when he's openly saying he will make weight, he's more trustworthy to make the weight than someone who has missed weight consistently, and still missed the first appointment they had for this matchup.

It just smacks of DJ wanting to get his record first and then take super fights after that. Which is fair enough if he's transparent about that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Freudian slippers posted:

Also, the man was angling to fight Cody, the guy who beat the brakes off TJ.

The sparring footage that never appeared.

I think Cody's gonna whoop TJ, and that DJ would be a rightful wide favourite against either winner of next months title fight.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Unfunny Poster posted:

He cheapshot sparring partners and ruined a guys career via illegal shots to the back of the head in sparring.

This is all provable, just ask Cody and Urijah.

Being a piece of poo poo is seemingly the most vital part of being a pro fighter, yes.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm going to get a Modelo 'cos Bud won't pay me nothin

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Shogun could have had a better career if he was blessed with knees that exist.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Trast posted:

Popeyes isn't a performance enhancing drug.

what if you're a contestant in a fat contest

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I want Bisping to knock him out and then make a not impress with his performanz joke

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

After Bisping wins and has both Anderson Silva and Georges St.Pierre in his W column, USADA should waive Jon Jones' ban so Bisping can beat a roided out Bones too and become the eternal Greatest of All Time beyond all argument.

(Because people stupidly believe that he may not already be the GOAT and try to pretend otherwise.)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Alternatively, there's never been a time when Bisping hasn't been the best MW.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think Tony's gonna win

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

1st AD posted:

Tony's gonna get lamped in the first 2 rounds

Yeah, I'm just not sure he's going to get KO'd from it. He recovers well.

He'll give Conor fits if he makes into round 3 onwards, I reckon.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/MojahedFudailat...147707293839362

lol

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

kensei posted:

Conor has yet to defend a belt in the UFC right? Unification but no defenses. At one point I said he would not defend a belt before the end of this year, and I still stand by that.

He didn't defend a belt in the B League where he had two belts or in the UFC, but he did win while interim champ so he has that under his belt, yeah.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

chaleski posted:

Bisping fouls people, spits on cornermen, and calls people fags, but it's just some cheeky bantz m8

If you say it in Spanish it's a spicy little meme

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yep that's how it happened.

He immediately realised he shouldn't have said it after he did too.
He's also said it in the public sphere since then, on his podcast maybe.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Alexander Gustaffsson seems to believe that he'll be getting a title shot after DC beats Volkan Oezdemir, so it seems like he's stepping back to let that fight happen.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

also there is a staggering number of people that will be thinking 'wow, it looks like arguably the greatest fighter to have ever lived can be competitive with michael bisping'. not just win mind you. people are going to be genuinely surprised if it's competitive. lol. keven, you have wrought a thing of beauty in this forum.

Bisping is Bisping's worst enemy so I think he can win, yeh.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I've never seen GSP fight.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bluedeanie posted:

a really badass new xmen villain from the 90s who never caught on

that literally describes vitor belfort so that checks out too

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I doubt there's any criminal aspect of it you can assign to hiding and fighting with staph even if it's gross misconduct, reckless endangerment of a person's health and morally bankrupt.

If I were the UFC, I'd cut him in a heart beat though. That poo poo is no joke.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Oh that article says lying on those forms is perjury so that's actually pretty big even if it's a small scale incident. Woops, hope getting whooped by Tony Ferguson and endangering his health was worth the money you thought you'd get but are probably not going to see much of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

you never get used to seeing that tattoo

• Locked thread
«2 »