Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003

Fallen Rib

Memento posted:

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/915732612206886912

That's kind of a tune-up fight for Carlos.

Unless he's as done as some people seem to think.

edit: Oh man I fuckin' love finances and buyrates chat, let's do that for the next seventeen pages

I think Magny has graduated from tuneup to threat to anyone not on their game. It'll be an interesting fight, Carlos' huge cardio advantage won't be there, but I suspect his offence is too good and varied for him to not be able to force Magny to slow down by landing and take over through that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003

Fallen Rib

Snowman_McK posted:

Even the Diaz fight provoked many thousands of words from angry Nick Diaz fans.

I thought that fight was good on its own merits anyway. Carlos wasn't landing 'enjoyable human being punches' (as Mario Sperry would say), and he clearly knew exactly how to frustrate Nick. Clinical, except for going to the ground briefly later on (and I don't believe Carlos was in any danger of being finished).

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003

Fallen Rib

Work Friend Keven posted:

I'm pro steroids but anti weight cutting.

agreed. anything that makes the fighters look big and strong and like they could surprise sex me is good.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003

Fallen Rib

Triticum Guzzler posted:

History of UFC live musical performances:

Dark Ages: Vanilla Ice (died of consumption in debtor's prison after being unable to settle his pool heater stealing debts)

Early Reformation: Sinead O'Connor (insane), Aaron Staind (whereabouts unknown)

Modern Day: The Jump Around Guy (did not jump around)

Didn't Affliction have Megadeth? Maybe the only area whete it looked down on the UFC from Olympian heights in

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003

Fallen Rib

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Silva's style is to blame for lovely fights. Counter strikers always look bad against timid opponents. And yeah, LHW and HW look better than other divisions because everyone in the top 15 is 40 and a former champion (except all the 40 year old former LHW champions are dead and the top 15 is a bunch of funny names Keven made up)

Demian Maia was chasing him around while Silva Kalib Starnesed it in their fight. That was all on Silva.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003

Fallen Rib

Memento posted:

I remember thinking "man Cain gives up like 40 pounds and 4 inches of reach to Brock Lesnar, plus I think Brock has the better wrestling, I really don't see Cain getting this".

Then he loving savaged Brock in under a round and I was a Cain fan for life. He's the biggest "one that got away" for me - if he could have kept himself healthier he could have been a dominant force at HW. Not saying he wouldn't have lost to Werdum, but he'd still be active as opposed to being broken.

I'd been saying Cain would demolish Brock for a long time to casual friends who love big muscly men and I had a poo poo eating grin on for a week when talking to them after what I said would happen happened

Iirc most pros were picking Cain too; it wasn't advanced science, especially after Brock's wrestling got stuffed by Carwin easily until Carwin got tired

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003

Fallen Rib

ahahhahah middle age has hit hard

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003

Fallen Rib

Captain Log posted:

: GSP silently tosses a three-hundred pound bag of corn and chewing tobacco labeled “Hendricks” into a river :

Lol

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003

Fallen Rib

Captain Log posted:

Matt Serra is a chubbo. Mark Hunt is a chubby man bordering on fat. Roy Nelson is a big ole' fat guy.

you've been reading too many health at any size blogs cos these dudes are all fat

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003

Fallen Rib

i don't know about making kelvin look like a child (other than by physical comparison given how tiny kelvin is for mw), but i agree with marching powder that weidman didn't suddenly become a bad fighter post-usada. he's made some horrible fuckups and seems to have an aversion to protecting his face when wrestling but he hasn't been performing totally differently. iirc wasn't the thing that caused a lot of consternation out of his camp the IV ban? given he hasn't had a lionasaur drop-off i think acting like it was clearly roids seems like a big assumption.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003

Fallen Rib

Work Friend Keven posted:

A true Mann of the Volk is actually surprisingly pro-Brazil

lol

• Locked thread